Neutrogena Pure & Free Baby SPF 60

3.3

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Sorbate, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 5/21/09

on 8/21/2013 4:13:00 PM

I am allergic to most sunscreens and this is one of the few brands I can use. It is not oily, it has not broken me out and it lasts all day! It is a physical sunscreen so it can leave a whitish coloring on my skin if I don't rub it in well enough, which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. I think this is a great product for people who are sensitive to most regular sunscreen.

on 6/29/2013 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good. It went on feeling perfect. No oily feeling. No resting on top of your skin. I can't even feel that it's on. I rubbed it into my eye...and no burning! Only con is that it DOES leave a white cast on your skin. I will try to blend it more quickly next time. I don't see that the white cast would matter for people that wear foundation though. Makeup sets easily on this, and you can add warmth with bronzer/foundation. I'd rather have protected skin than tan skin, so I'm going to suck up the white cast since this is the best sunscreen I've come across yet (compared to Shiseido, Clarins, etc). Will update if I break out. I only use this for face/neck/chest/hands. I was looking for something that feels light and doesn't burn eyes. It also is very affordable! Will update if I notice any breakouts because of this. I do think it will need a deeper cleanser than my usual one because I don't think it will wash off easily. This can be a good and bad thing.

UPDATE: Took a lippie off for white cast and too much SPF. Will use this when outdoors, but in my opinion, not a good everyday sunscreen. Better to use Neutrogena's Break Out Free SPF 30. No white cast. No breaking out. Just the right amount of SPF. Too much SPF will clog.

on 5/29/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Cant. get. the. whiteness. gone.

Gave it 2 stars because I am at least protected.

...a protected ghost.

on 5/25/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen is rated SPF 50 in Canada, but it looks exactly the same.
I love it for my kids because it uses the mineral physical ingredients which do not irritate skin and are less irritating to the eyes if they rub their eyes (and they always rub their faces with their hands). At first I was a little disappointed that it didn't contain some antioxidants that help the skin function well, but I found that my son finds creams with antioxidants tingly and it bugs him, even if it's just for a minute. So, in the end, the simple formula really works for us.
The white cast from it will be visible, even on the whitest shades of skin.

on 5/5/2013 8:22:00 PM

One of my favorite sunscreens to use for my child and myself. It feels very safe and gentle to put on the skin and does not cause any allergic reactions. It is so gentle that i even enjoy wearing it and it smells very nice too.

on 4/30/2013 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Worked well on my sensitive skin. It does leave a physical, whitish tint to your skin though so I tended to come off as too pale sometimes. But since I am allergic to other sunscreens, I'd rather use this and look a little pale than to burn and be in pain! Would buy again, would recommend if having troubles with sensitive skin!

on 4/29/2013 5:30:00 PM

Needed good physical sunscreen after doing a TCA peel and compared this to other ds ss and this had best physical suncreen ingredients and percentages. It does leave a white cast so I don't wear under makeup but wear when out walking my dogs or need to be outside for any length of time. I clog easily and am sensitive to fragrances and this does not break me out at all and I do not have any allergic reactions. For must have ss for post peel or just for being outside this is HG for me...will buy again...very reasonably priced and easy to find in the U.S.

on 3/20/2013 8:48:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I like that this does not burn. Its gentle on the face. Sunscreens are not cheap, even the safer natural ones. It does leave a white looking hue, but I usually put on some aloe first so it goes on smoother and won't leave those white patches. It gets the job done especially when you are snow white haha. I have the SPF 45+.

I do have to say though, I would probably try a more natural one, but this is definitely a good product to have in your purse for those hot days.

on 11/22/2012 8:01:00 PM

first off, the packaging looks so cute and chic...for a baby sunscreen? haha. this is my daily moisturizer. im a sunscreen nut, and spf60 seems just right for me. im VERY fair...i burn when i stand too close to the microwave, lol!

back on topic, it goes on very smooth, creamy and thick so you know youre protected and moisturized. but never greasy. it soaks right it. im so glad i found this. its my new holy grail.

on 10/16/2012 1:37:00 AM

This review is for Neutrogena Baby FACES SPF50
I have had a lot of problems with any kind of chemical sunscreen like Avobenzone. Using zinc oxide has solved the problem I was getting with all the other moisturizers w/SPF but it's been hard to find the right texture since these physical barrier sunblocks are heavier in texture.

This one for "FACE" has been the best one I've found so far that doesn't turn me super chalky white. I am so tan that usually these turn me a really attractive purple shade.

I first use Clinique DDM Gel as a primer then rub some of the sunblock on all over my face except my forehead, which is prone to be oily. The two step seems to help the zinc apply more smoothly and without sinking into my skin unattractively. It almost acts like makeup when used this way. I finish with the Skinceuticals powder suncreen on my forehead.

This is not perfect but I have used it two months now with no breakouts and it definitely helps block the constant California sun.