Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

on 4/3/2015 7:07:00 PM

I got this in the "tan without the twinkle" set which came with a really nice flatbuki brush. But this bronzer was really disappointing! I really can't believe all the good reviews. It's hard to blend and gives a muddy color. I didn't like contouring with it because it just looked so dark compared to the rest of my face. Really glad I only got the small version of this and not the full size.
Plus, the chocolate smell got old fast. Like why would you want your makeup to smell like food anyway?

on 3/25/2015 6:02:00 PM

This and the milk chocolate soleil bronzers are addictive! They smell sooo good that I can't stop reapplying. This one makes a great contour shade as it is decently neutral, the milk chocolate is better as a straight bronzer though, as it warms up my very fair skin.

on 3/22/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a sample from Sephora almost 5 months ago and I still have a lot left. It smells amazing and the color works perfectly even with my light skin tone during the winter. It lasts almost all day also. The only thing is that it is a little pricey but I guess you get what you paid for. I didn't have to pay for it though at least but I definitely will once I run out.

Finally purchased my very first bronzer and I couldn't be more happy with it. I have a pretty fair skin tone and this works perfectly to give me that natural bronze. The packaging is great and I can tell that it will last a long time. Smells great and hasn't broken me out. Great for my oily complexion.

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

on 3/3/2015 10:44:00 PM

The HG of bronzers, for sure. This matte bronzer looks great for contouring or just a glow! I got it for my birthday and I LOVE it! I had tried NARS laguna bronzer and the Too Faced was just so much better. Not to mention it smells amazing, because it is made with chocolate!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst bronzer I have ever used, save your time & money. I can't believe all of the positive reviews.. Once applied this stuff is straight up ORANGE. When I looked at myself in the mirror when I got home I thought an Oompa Loompa was looking back at me, I was seriously embarrassed that I went out in public with this stuff sparingly applied to my face.

on 3/3/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have this in medium/dark and I am NC20-30 (depending on winter/summer) and Asian with yellow undertones. There is also Milk Chocolate bronzer which is better for those with NC/NW 15 or lower. I do not think the medium/dark is that dark at all--it's ALMOST too light for me, but just works as a good all over bronzer and contour shade, although I like a good contour so you have to layer for a strong (but natural) contour.

I would not really say that this is worth the money ($30) because there are many other bronzers which are cool-toned browns that contour well. However, I think chocolate soleil is the best of the high-end bronzers because it's just deep enough and natural looking.

It is not orangey or warm at all, it just brings a natural brown shadow to your face. I would use this for contouring, and a more warm shade for all-over bronze.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has got to be the best contouring shade I've ever used. It's like a matte bronzer but it could be used as an eyeshadow or a brow color or even blended with a blush for a tanner look. Use it in a daily basis to liven up and arm up the color of my face. You can get a free good sized sample of this with a promo code on Sephora.com!

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Bahama Mama
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose