Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 4/13/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is matte and doesn't go too orange on me like most bronzers do. I use it for daily, light contouring/bronzing, nothing too heavy. On special occasions and nights out, I use my Anastasia contour palette. This was actually a deluxe sample size from Sephora but it lasted me over a year. I personally didn't notice a strong chocolate smell until late in the hitting pan stage, unlike the YouTube beauty gurus all gush about, but it was very nice when it happened.

on 4/13/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is based on a mini size that came in their Beauty Blogger Darlings, which also included a mini primed and poreless, shadow insurance and better than sex mascara.

I love this bronzer. I only recently learned how to properly apply bronzer, I've found that having an angled blush brush with soft bristles really helps (my favorite one of the moment is the Luxie 504 brush). I start out with a light application, in a circular motion going from the the hollows of my cheeks to my temples and then down my jawline and neck. I build it up until I'm comfortable with the color, and then apply my blush.

When I'm done with this mini size, I will def purchase the full size bronzer.

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

on 4/3/2015 7:07:00 PM

I got this in the "tan without the twinkle" set which came with a really nice flatbuki brush. But this bronzer was really disappointing! I really can't believe all the good reviews. It's hard to blend and gives a muddy color. I didn't like contouring with it because it just looked so dark compared to the rest of my face. Really glad I only got the small version of this and not the full size.
Plus, the chocolate smell got old fast. Like why would you want your makeup to smell like food anyway?

on 3/25/2015 6:02:00 PM

This and the milk chocolate soleil bronzers are addictive! They smell sooo good that I can't stop reapplying. This one makes a great contour shade as it is decently neutral, the milk chocolate is better as a straight bronzer though, as it warms up my very fair skin.

on 3/22/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a sample from Sephora almost 5 months ago and I still have a lot left. It smells amazing and the color works perfectly even with my light skin tone during the winter. It lasts almost all day also. The only thing is that it is a little pricey but I guess you get what you paid for. I didn't have to pay for it though at least but I definitely will once I run out.

Finally purchased my very first bronzer and I couldn't be more happy with it. I have a pretty fair skin tone and this works perfectly to give me that natural bronze. The packaging is great and I can tell that it will last a long time. Smells great and hasn't broken me out. Great for my oily complexion.

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

on 3/3/2015 10:44:00 PM

The HG of bronzers, for sure. This matte bronzer looks great for contouring or just a glow! I got it for my birthday and I LOVE it! I had tried NARS laguna bronzer and the Too Faced was just so much better. Not to mention it smells amazing, because it is made with chocolate!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst bronzer I have ever used, save your time & money. I can't believe all of the positive reviews.. Once applied this stuff is straight up ORANGE. When I looked at myself in the mirror when I got home I thought an Oompa Loompa was looking back at me, I was seriously embarrassed that I went out in public with this stuff sparingly applied to my face.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose