November 24, 2014 | 915 users online

Hair - Nutri-Ox System For Thinning & Fine Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lolipopcandie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shampoo for normal hair and ive only used it once but i lovd it! My hair started falling out a little more than usual but nothing serious. Put this directly on my scalp and massaged it a little and my hair was sooo soft. Normally i shampoo twice, so even tho my hair felt clean i did it again, and it kinda tangled my hair. I learned my lesson, only shampoo once with this. Anyways, i noticed less hair coming out. The next day when i conditioned my (didnt shampoo at all) i didnt feel a lot of hair come out, but it felt thinner. Im assuming it works. I havent noticed any growth but ive only used this once :)

*i had to stop using this, it dryed out my scalp reallyyy bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cleigh00

I've been using this stuff for about 10 months now. Every time I go to get my hair done my stylist says how much new growth I've got. It's also helping my hair grow faster. I've tried all the vitamins in the world and nothing works like this stuff does. My mom is even using it successfully. I can't recommend this enough, it's changed the life of my hair. I use the conditioner and root pump spray daily and the shampoo at least every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LauraKifer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo and Conditioner for Fine and thinning hair is INCREDIBLE!!!! I have always had fine dry hair but a lot of it and it is curly. This past winter I changed medications and my hair starting falling out very rapidly, I was devistated! I know it's only hair, but it's MY hair! I was in tears almost every morning. Before we could change medications I was desperate and went to Sally's Beauty Supply in Helena, MT. I found an older sales woman and told her my problem. She was very understanding and brought me right over to the hair treatment section. She picked out the Nutri-Ox Shampoo and Conditioner plus stying products without alcohol in them. The whole sale including the Nutri-Ox, glaze and hairspray was all under $30.00. A very small price to pay for my hair. Actually it's not that much more than I would regularly spend. Within a week I noticed it was thicker and when I went to the Dermotologist he said he could see little brown fuzzy's where it was bald the week before. My hair was growing about an inch and a half a month!! I'm not kidding! It was amazing!! I usually alternate with a mosturizing shampoo because of my dry hair but the results have been INCREDILE!! My bangs grew back and I actually had to trim them last week, when 3 month ago my bangs had all fallen out!! This shampoo has made my hair even healthier than before the horror of it falling out and I have recommended it to everyone with thin hair I know and even they have had the same results! If you have fine or thinning hair and have a modest income this is truely the way to go!!!
Thanks Nutri-Ox for giving me not only my hair but my smile back!!!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have the shampoo and conditioner. My hair was falling out, thinning badly, and I had bald spots. My hair still isn't as thick as it used to be but the falling out and bald spots are gone. This isn't a miracle product but it helps. I like how both the shampoo and conditioner make your scalp tingle. The shampoo really does clean the hair without over drying. The conditioner works nicely but I need more. I use another conditioner over it on my ends. On the roots it works nicely though because it's not so heavy that it causes an oily scalp. I just don't feel like this helps my thinning hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

I use this for color treated and hair that starting to fall out. I am actually very pleased. Less hair fall in the shower and when I blow dry. The shampoo cleanese very well but does not strip the hair color. The conditioner is gentle and really softens my hair. The treatment causes a light tingling effect and it does not leave any residue. Overall, I will finish the system and then switch to shampoo and conditioner only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I started using this again after about a year off. I had stopped using it b/c my hair got thicker and I guess I got lazy. Fast forward to now. Too much dyeing, proccessing, etc., and my hair is thinning once again. It must have worked the first time I used it for a few months b/c I really felt like my hair was totally normal again when using it. I don't use the whole line though. Only the serum for color treated hair. I got it at sally's and the dropper that it comes with is great. you can really get out ever last bit of product. I will update in a while when I see how it is working 4 me again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely worth trying this out to see if it works for you. I have used Nioxin in the past with no results for my fine, thinning hair. Nutri-ox shampoo is very drying to my hair and scalp and I notice no improvement in my hair from the shampoo or conditioner. The leave-on scalp treamtent seems to decrease shedding and I will continue to purchase this product on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by bamurphy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair was falling out by the handfuls and it had become fine and fly away within a couple of months. After reading about this shampoo from a stylist I decided to try it as it is significantly cheaper than other hair loss products. I began with the Starter Kit for thinning and fine hair and used all 3 steps daily for over a month. My hair fallout went back to normal and each hair strand went back to being thicker. I continue to use the shampoo as my scalp feels much cleaner with no build up. I buy it at Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using nioxin line for 7 months and it is so-so and helps just a little with shedding. I find this nutri-ox shampoo better than the nioxin one. nutriox cleans my hair better, feels signficantly thicker, and doesnt dry my hair out like nioxin. I'm going to stick with nutrriox and I think this is half the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've just purchased this product along with Folicure Hair Spray (not the pump). I just used the products and I'm impressed with the results. Lately I've been noticing a lot of falling hair and thinning on the crown - I wear my hair shorter now so I've been doing some strategic styling to hide all the sudden thin spots on my scalp. I just got back from a trip to Mexico and after washing my hair for the first time since I've been back my hair just fell out in globs in the shower and I couldn't believe how thin it was on the crown - I could touch my scalp and feel cool breezes on it!!! And this was after styling! Was it hormones, or the too-hot hair dryer in the suite in Mexico, or the sun, the salt, the chorline, the hats? Who knows. I used Pureology the entire time I was away, and Bed Head Hairspray and Goldwell volumizing gel. I decided to stop using all these for a while and try a treatment solution.

I did my research and decided to try Nutri-Ox from Sally's. I bought the 30 day starter kit for noticibly thin chemically treated hair (there is also a 3-pc kit for start of thnning hair). There is a shampoo (1), conditioner (2) and a serum (3B).

I just used the shampoo, the conditioner and the serum, then used the Folicure hairspray while blowdrying on med.

I love it - my hair was perfectly cleaned and conditioned without being weighed down, and no residue. The Folicure hairspray is so light I could spray it right on the roots while drying my hair without any stickiness or breakage.

My hair looks as good as it's ever been using high-end products, plus it's soft and shiny, and the hairspray set it all - it looks fuller and no bald spots and the hairspray hold is great!

Since I've just used it I'll have to see how it works in the long run - I usually have a problem with products building up on my hair, especially leaving a dry scalp residue that builds up as dandruff.

The only alarm that is going off for me is that since just using the products I can feel a bit of build up around my hairline - dry scalp with buildup and it feels tight - this could be the hairspray so I won't use it next time, just to see the results of the Nutri-ox. It's possible that there is an adjustment time, but I don't like this feeling as it's this build up that I've had to try and avoid my whole life, and something that I believe clogs the hair folicle causing the thinning hair. So I'll skip the hairspray from Folicure next time and see if that's better.

I'll keep using the nutri-ox daily and report on the results..

UPDATE: I'm happy with this product and the results. My scalp is not feeling a build up that I first experienced. The product is totally non-offensive, and I don't mind using it - doesn't make me feel like I have to take my 'medicine' in the shower or walk around with weird smells in my hair. It just does its job and gets out of the way. I noticed a reduction in how much hair was falling right away - at least 25-50 percent less hair going down the drain when I use this. I also still use the Folicure hair spray.
UPDATE: I really like this product. I've definitely noticed a difference - the drops work good too. There's been days when no hairs fall when I shampoo so that's saying something! I also started taking some biotin and that's helped too. I don't use this system everyday, just every other day or so, so it's lasting me. I also like the Folica Hairspary a lot.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No