E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

This is a decent brush. It is fairly soft & dense, and applies shadow to the crease well. It's definitely not a blending brush, though. It works best for application directly in the crease, maybe to make an outer V, but then you need a bigger, fluffier brush to blend things out. I don't find myself using it that often, because of it's inability to blend, but it's nice to have it in my collection for the times I want more precise application than a fluffy brush can offer.

This is one of the first e.l.f. brushes I've got and haven't been pleased with. A longer, rounded dome brush top (like the Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush) works so much better for the crease than this does, with its blunt, all-one length top. This is densely bristled, almost too much, and the bristles don't come together smoothly but fan out a bit too much on top. This combination results in picking up too much shadow on the brush tip and then making a mess all over the lid as well as causing fallout, rather than a concentrated bit of shadow blended into the crease. The bristles aren't especially soft and this brush just generally doesn't work for it's intended purpose. You might be able to find another use for it - just blending with no shadow on it - but I'd skip this one.

I was looking for a brush that would resemble MAC 217 that everyone is raving about but can't seem to spend over $20 on a brush yet,so I was trying to see if there is a cheaper alternative. So while walking the isles of Target, I stumbled across this brush ,and thought its not a desirable MAC but let me see how it works. I'm not a big fan of ELF brushes(didn't have much luck with them) but this one actually gets in a crease and does decent job. I will probably still save up for MAC so I could blend my shadows more efficiently but this is a decent brush,I'm using it every day and it does better job than bobbi brown countor brush and posh crease brushes. So far I'm happy with it especially with the price. Definitely great brush for blending colors in a crease.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Being someone with small round deep set eyes, I tend to have a hard time finding a good crease brush. I find most are too big and soft for my eyes. I love this so much! Because my crease area is deep, it is hard to get color to show up in that area. I need a brush that can pack on pigment and this one does just that. It's small enough to get right in there but not too small where it can't be blended out to look natural.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I intended this brush to be my crease brush after the other e.l.f brush (essentials line) failed but it seems this one went that same path as well. It is too stiff and it doesn't blend well. I don't like to be wasteful so I use this brush for highlighting my inner corner because that doesn't involve too much blending. It might also work well with liquid concealer under the eyes. I would not repurchase.

I'm always up for trying out new types of makeup brushes, but not at the expense of my pocket. So when E.L.F. released a couple of new brushes and this was in the line-up, I decided to give it a go.

This is a pretty decent brush for the price. The size of the head is just right - small enough to do the delicate work, but not too big that you ruin the effect and end up with one shade of shadow all over your lid. As the name would suggest, contouring with this easy - I've used this with dark and light shades to contour my brow bone, outer corner, crease and lash line, and had very good results each time (and I'm definitely no makeup artist).

Unlike other E.L.F. brushes I've had/tried, this one doesn't seem to suffer from shedding in the same way others have done either. I don't know whether this is because it's from the Studio range and so theoretically 'better' quality, or if E.L.F. have just listened to their customers and done something to improve the issue. Either way though, this is of good enough quality that I would (and will) be purchasing more in the future.

This is really good for precise crease work or smudging out colour. I like that it's dense and stiff so it gives a lot of control and applies shadow really well. It doesn't shed and washes well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh, ELF, im so glad youve redeemed yourself after those horrible white brushes. I realize they are only a buck but the price doesnt matter if the product is junk. Anyway, ive been researching brushes and elf always gets mixed reviews for everything so i figured id take a gamble with my 3$. Im so glad i did when i look at the prices of other brushes. Elf may be cheap but the quality will often surprise you. I think if theyd get rid of their less than stellar 1$ line and focused on the other stuff, people would take them more seriously

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i dont know who applies contour with this brush but im sure it could be done....i just use it to blend out my eyeshadow or cover blemishes and it works damn well for that

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A nice sturdy stiff dome brush and good for making concrete shapes before blending it out. It picks up the product well and is very dense. It's easy on the eyes despite being firm, no tugging or pulling. It's very easy to wash due to its synthetic bristles and doesn't bleed or shed at all. I'm beginning to think that the ELF Studio Brush line is perfect.

Popular Makeup Brushes