April 23, 2014 | 1452 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by kyleeje

I bought this brush after wanting a flat top foundation brush. I previously had their small stipple brush, it just was too flimsy. So I tried this out! For only 3 dollars, I'm pleased! At first I hated it, thought about returning it. But I found I get the best look when I stipple stipple stipple! it creates and even and smooth base and I'm starting to fall in love with this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by andonthatnote

This may be blasphemy, but I like this brush better than the Real Techniques expert face brush! Nothing makes my liquid foundation look as good as this one does, and the bristles don't absorb too much product so I can get by with using half a much foundation! If you're in the market for a foundation brush that will give you a flawless finish you can't do better than this one at this price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

really great especially for those on a budget. works great for liquid foundation, powder, bronzing, and even contouring.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The quality of this brush is great. The bristles are very densely packed, soft, and hold up well to cleanings with no shedding and without losing shape. That being said, this brush applies both cream and powder products very heavily, which is not my preference. Creams get globbed onto the skin and it takes real work to blend them out, or powders get caked onto the skin. I'm just not a fan of this style of brush. If you're looking for a dense brush for applying foundation, Real Techniques and Zoeva have some great options. For powders, other ELF studio line powder brushes would work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Lizpaola25

I own 3 of these brushes. 1 for foundation, 1 for blending cream blushes and 1 for powder. I absolutely love this brush. It is perfect for blending and foundation even though it's a powder brush. I actually prefer it for foundation. It blends evenly and I have washed these brushes several times and I have yet to have fall out. So amazing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get the love for this brush. I think it feels really cheap. It does a fine job of applying powder, but honestly I like the feel of Real Techniques or EcoTools better. They seems worth paying a few more bucks. I disagree with those who say it's good for powder foundation or liquid foundation. It's not bad, but it's not dense enough. I have many more brushes that do a much better job. This isn't a must have at all for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkypink96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite brush ever! I have about 3 of them so I can alternate between cleaning. Great to apple liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by stuipdfellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have 2 of these to alternate between brush cleaning. It is really value-for-money, i love how soft and dense it is and I can blend in my foundation effortlessly. I use this brush for the majority of my makeup routine because it works well. Love it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Majority of my brushes are Sigma brushes. I feel like they are great quality and they get the job done. I'd heard of the ELF Studio brushes but I never bought them because I was fine with my Sigmas. Having said that, I now know that I was wrong. I use my ELF powder brush to blend my bb cream on my face and it is awesome. It is bigger than my Sigma F82 because it's bigger and flatter. I love this brush and I'm going to buy some more to use for different things.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The ELF Powder Brush is a CULT CLASSIC and so much has already been said. Most people end up switching to Real Techniques but I've stuck with this brush for some very long time. It is the best.

To give a bit of a background, I started with synthetic brushes but slowly graduated to natural hair ones. Good quality natural brushes are more expensive but they are better at picking up and blending powder product. Nevertheless, for powder foundation on top of my sunscreen I prefer a synthetic brush. I have oily skin and use powder foundation over a generous application of sunscreen. A powder removes shine and goes better with my skin type. The flat shape of this brush picks up well from a pressed powder surface but can also be used to block the sifter of a loose powder tub as you turn it upside down. Getting powder directly on the brush is neater and there is no waste of product. Because it is flat and large, I can use it to pat powders on my face very much like I would do with a classic powder puff. Unlike Real Techniques brushes, the black bristles make it easy to see how much product is present and if it is uniformly distributed on the brush.

Feeling bad that my most used tool was also the cheapest, I was looking forward for the new MUFE Synthetic Brushes to come out. Unfortunately none of them was quite right. They were either too big, too small, too dense.. and not flat. In terms of design the Sephora Pro Buffing Brush #62 is very similar but I don't want part of my sunscreen be absorbed by the natural hair. I rather set it all first with a synthetic brush and then use natural brushes for highlight, bronzer and blush.

I've used my brush daily for longer than I can remember. I deep clean it regularly, each week at least twice. Considering the use this brush gets it is not bad. By the way, instead of Super Glue I suggest Gorilla Glue. It expands in volume and is one of the few glues that is actually water activated and works well on wood-metal. In a few words, it's the ideal glue for a brush.

----------------
HINT: The ELF Angled Blush Brush is the perfect companion to this brush. The Powder Brush covers large areas fast, while the Angled Blush Brush is useful for small areas like the nose, eyes, and ears. It is such a great match!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No