E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good brush for when I really want to pack on the powder and really press it into the skin but this is terrible for anything liquid, it also sheds.

I just bought my second one at Target. Good value for a brush that applies foundation flawlessly.

I have actually repurchased this brush once or twice. The price is $3.00 . I have seen ELF products at CVS, Harmon and Target. I like this brush to blend in my bronzer, blush and highlighter after I have applied it. I love the look and packaging of these brushes. I would love ELF to sell a professional set for less than $20.00 in stores. I think these brushes are soft and a nice size as well. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that would like to try a good quality makeup brush at a inexpensive price.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I got one with my Christmas set. I love it and it's cheap :) I had no hair shedding when I wash it, and the bristles kept their shape

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I picked up one of these almost solely because of all the good reviews. I haven't used it with foundation yet but I am so impressed with its construction. The bristles are like silk and truly well packed, the ferrule has obviously been slightly weighted for better balance in the hand, the handle is well-proportioned and sturdy. The result overall is a brush that looks & feels much more expensive than my Real Techniques and Ecotools face brushes, which are the only synthetics I have to compare it to (no fair comparing it to Hakuhodo, although let me tell you this brush will hold its own standing next to them in the looking-pretty department).

EDIT: I think applying foundation with brushes just doesn't work for me, but I *love* this brush for setting powder. Its softness and density means it picks up a light, very even coating of powder and presses it into the skin perfectly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Seriously so amazing first time trying for foundation and face looks flawless! And have acne and redness around old scars. Works perfectly, love love love love it I want to go buy another one as we speak! Great brush great price! Works better than BB and real techniques sponge in my opinion as of of right now!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Foundation application.
This is, hands down, the best brush I've ever held in my hand. My brush collections is made up of several different brands, varying from $ to $$$$$, and this is my favorite foundation. I'm pretty aggressive in application, this being so soft is a huge plus when working on a client. They always comment on the feel. It leaves an airbrushed finish and allows for a quick application. I'll never try another...there's no need.

I don't get the hype about this product. I originally bought it because I heard many people on here saying it was a good for applying foundation, but it doesn't do a good job. I tried it for powder, but the application is cakey. It's like it's trying to be a powder brush, a buffing brush, and a sculpting brush, but it fails as all 3 of them. Oh and it sheds like a dog, but I guess that one is on me; it was the first makeup brush I ever bought and I hadn't been cleaning it too well. I don't think I'll be buying this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this brush about 6 months ago at a 7-11 for $3! Yes, 7-11! For those who may not know what that is, it is a convenience store. You'd be surprised where you find Elf products. Now back to my review....this is currently my holy grail of brushes throughout my total brush kit! I love the flat-top. It works wonderfully with my foundations. I currently use it with Bare Minerals Matte Foundation Powder and Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation. The brush gives both of them flawless color and better control over buffing into my skin. The brush is very sturdy. I haven't experienced any shedding, or loosening of the ferrule. Would I recommend this brush? YES.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I absolutely looove this brush! This has taken my liquid foundation application to the next level. Flawless! It applies so evenly, smoothly, full coverage with just one layer. I love it with my Maybelline FIT me foundation, my MUFE HD foundation, L'oreal True match, Revlon Colorstay...all look amazing with this brush. Love!

Popular Makeup Brushes