Chanel Glossimer - Wild Rose 119

4.5

on 9/8/2010 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Pretty, shimmery, neutral rose pink. Shiny, but not gooey. Unscented.

Cons: Silvery glitter, very expensive

Overall, a very pretty gloss. My first gloss by Chanel. I think next time I'd like one without glitter. Glittery glosses in general just aren't my favorite. I'd definitely buy another Chanel gloss though - it's really a good formula.

on 3/15/2010 4:53:00 PM

This is a very pretty MLBB in the tube - a soft browned rose. But on the lips it's nearly clear, which takes away a little of the love; after all, I bought this for the shade I saw in the tube, so the super sheerness is a disappointment.

However, the lasting power, lack of tackiness, and lack of glitter makes this one of my favorite Glossimers. Worn over lipstick, it's perfect. My lips look wet all day long, and there's no gross white goop at the corners of my lips that some other lipglosses tend to lend. I may not repurchase this, but I'll surely use up my tube. It's always in my purse, along with Maline. $31 CDN.

on 2/26/2010 7:50:00 AM

***UPDATE While I still love the colour, the consistency of this gloss has changed to thick and gloopy, it happened rather quickly and with a product at this price point it's totally unacceptable. Hence down to 2 lippies. *** HG! I never thought I'd say this... I bought this gloss totally on impulse. I was looking for a natural pink gloss, and was intrigued by the glossimers having never tried one. I picked this out because the other shades looked way too glittery. I don't normally do shimmer but this looked understated enough. And it is! I like my lips low-key, and this gloss gives me a perfect natural nude/pink lip with just a hint of shimmer. I prefer a less shiny look so I tend to apply sparingly or pat it down with my finger. But more importantly, it doesn't dry my lips at all, and it's not sticky. Of course the packaging is gorgeous. I think I've found my perfect MLBB: this gloss either on its own, or on top of my Dior Serum de Rouge in "Rosewood" for more intensity. I use an old Lancome lipliner in a colour called (funnily enough) also "Rosewood" (bois de rose). I can also use this gloss on its own for just a touch of pink. Perfection all round.

on 1/17/2010 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

It looks lovely on the tube, tiny sparkles on a gorgeous pink/nure/mauve colour. Looks like Praline with more shine , however once applied on pigmented lips this is like a clear gloss. It did nothing for me.

on 12/30/2009 12:07:00 PM

This is the first glossimer that I really do like a lot. It is very natural and warm enough to add some color to my make up without being too obvious.

The sparkle is very subtle (not tacky) and the staying power is excellent. It is not sticky, it does not smell or taste of anything (a big plus for me) and the tube lasts a long time. the packaging is classy Chanel.

I use it mainly with Rose Petal JC blush (the pair works amazingly for fair complexions). The only downside is that when it is fading it leaves some "white" residue on the lips (unlike Nars which, on the orher way, tastes horrible).

A staple in my make up bag, definetely HG material.

on 12/29/2009 9:52:00 AM

I am a lipgloss addict. Tried everything on the planet. After reading "how not to look old" determined that I really needed to find the perfect sheer pink lipgloss. Per her reccommendation, went to the Chanel counter at Nordstroms and let the sales gal be my guide. There is NO WAY I would have ever chosen this color for myself - but it is absolutely gorgeous!!! Viva Glam V was my fav before - as well as BB Rose Sugar (too tacky tho!!), but this one knocks them both out of the park. Feels cushy and luxurious on my lips. I find myself hunting for it again and again - so it looks like i must go purchase a new one :). Forget the $27 price, in my mind - it's totally worth it.

on 10/11/2009 1:48:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This is easily my HG gloss, hands down! Better than MAC lipglasses for sure. This gloss isn't sticky, super creamy, richly pigmented and has amazing staying power! Plus this shade is universally flattering. Would I buy again? I'm already on my second tube!!

on 6/26/2009 1:07:00 AM

I never thought I could pull off any of the shades for Glossimer-

But when I got my first paycheck from my recent job, I wanted to splurge myself and took myself to the Chanel counter. It was displayed along with the collection so I tried it. Wow! It looked too dark for me since I am only used to wearing light colors but when I applied it, it was really pretty! Perrrrrfect shade that is universally flattering.

on 6/8/2009 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the first glossimer I've fallen in love with. I've tried several in the past and while I've liked the lack of stickiness or scent and appreciated the staying power none of the colors have wowed me. I was even disappointed in Bel Air, which many raved about -- too warm for me. Wild Rose wows me. Such a pretty, soft, neutral yet mauvey pink. I will definitely buy this again if it turns out not to be LE. MAC NC15/C1/Alima N1

on 5/6/2009 10:55:00 AM

This is the perfect day- time mauve-pink. It is soft and elegant. I love the glossimers and would like a recomendation for another one. I have fair- light skin Prolumiere 20 clair-cameo intensity 1.0 with chestnut brown hair and golden hazel brown eyes. cant wait to try more colors

Recommended for Medium Skin