April 17, 2014 | 1424 users online

Skincare - Face - Caudalie - Gentle Buffing Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2009 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mabel2026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Used this for about a month 2x's per week. I have oily skin on my nose and chin and dry skin everywhere else. Bought it thinking it would be good for my dry skin areas. Made my skin soft and did not leave me feeling dry. However, the buffing beads were a little too gentle for my liking and I did not feel like it gave me the exfoliation I was looking for. It felt good, but that was about it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2009 2:48:00 AM More reviews by smiley13tree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like it! It's a gentle exfoliating scrub. I use it before cleanser. The texture is like lotion. Right after I use it, it seems like my pores are less visible. I try to use this once a week because it can be harsh on the skin if you use it to much. The exfoiliating beads are not abrasive at all. They are small. My skin does not feel dry after using this. I do feel that it's a bit too expensive though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must say immediately that my skin is very sensitive, and this is the only product I can use without irritation of any kind! Weeelllll, I used to happpily use Remede Sweep, but my skincare regime (Arcona) is so good that their ultra fine marble dust doesn't exfolliate a thing on me anymore, it just slips right off, whereas this Caudalie stuff really does the job and leaves my skin clear, hydrated and NEVER RED! I can even use it several times in a row like I did this morning, as my skin had built up an extra dry layer of dead skin like it did on my recent trip to a country where you can't touch the water. I couldn't properly exfolliate for almost a month, and now my skin is back to being it's "old" soft glowing self. THE BEST!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:08:00 AM More reviews by asianchklit43

Would I buy this again? - Yes, absolutely

This if the perfect exfoliate for my skin type. I have normal - combination skin and on the hunt to find the perfect exfoliate I've found many dry my skin out at first, causing my skin to go into panic mode and produce more oil than needed..thus breaking my out.

I really gave this one a shot though, it broke me out just a lil at first (which is expected anytime I try something new). But I only got a few little things here and there. After about 3 weeks, only using this product 2-3 times a week..my skin has never looked, or felt better. It doesn't dry my face out, and when done I feel like I've really cleaned up. It doesn't give me the 'tight' feeling, like many products do. I just wish for the price it came in a larger size, but surpisingly you don't need alot. A dime size will do the trick. Worth every single penny..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 More reviews by aastew

I like this buffing cream. I love the caudalie line but it is soooo expensive. I took off a lippie for the cost compared to the very small bottle it comes in. Only use a pea size amount. As other reviewers have said, it does leave a film on your face. But, I just use my cetaphil cleanser after I am done buffing and it works fine. I like the grains as they are perfectly round, not harsh and this product really does give my skin a glow which is what I was looking for. I was using St. Ives Apricot Scrub which has great reviews~but I found out even though it makes your skin super soft, it has jagged edges on the shells in the scrub and it really rips up your face. THUS THE CHEAP PRICE. You really need a nice scrub to take care of your face...I guess I will end up spending the money to keep my face glowing with this product. I scrub my face for 1 minute in the shower and then wash it off with my cleanser.. and really does the trick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by productguru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was on the hunt for the perfect exfoliator - anything to help supplement my Dr. H routine (I have KP so I have rough skin on the lower parts of my cheeks that during winter months needs more exfoliation than Dr H's Deep Cleansing Cream provides)....So, off I went on the hunt. While the "micro" sized buffing bits are quite effective, I think they are very harsh, especially for sensitive skin....I also felt like the formula was drying, especially when I compared side by side to the Bocsia and Juice Beauty exfoliating washes....Boscia definitely won out, Juice beauty second, and Caudalie (which I heard great things about) last....While it definitely exfoliates, it's not worth it because of the dryness or irritation I experienced along side. If you're looking for a great natural exfoliator, Bocscia is by far the best I've tried....

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sbprincess21

This is a very gentle product, but it still is extremely thick and does leave a slight thick greasy feeling. Most of caudalie's products have that feeling though, which I assume is due to the grape seed and is almost a natural moisturizing agent, so I was never too concerned with the "greasy feeling." I would use it at night, and wouldn't need a moisturizer following it.

I am not too sure what the main purpose of it is though, since it is not the best "buffing" type of cream, or exfoliating product I have used. It is almost just something nice to treat yourself to every now and then, and maybe for those who have very sensitive skin; but I never had an actual need for this product, or to use it weekly.

Don't get me wrong though, all of Caudalie's products are great, especially if you want pure and natural products for your face, this is the greatest alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by clamster

I got a sample of this it is greasy but it is good so the little scrubby particles stick to you face. I have to follow with a cleanser after this to get rid of the oils, but this seems like good quality and doesn't feel to scratchy on the face. Makes it reallly smooth and it's nice. I took off a lippy because I have to follow with a cleanser, and the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by surfwidow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Way too greasy!! GROSS! I felt like I couldnt get it off fast enough. Thank goodness it was a sample and not something I spent my money on. I might as well put vaseline on my face...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2006 10:51:00 PM More reviews by adobeprincess

This product is really fine particles. The first thing I thought of was fine glass when I tried it. I did not know if it was safe for my skin and it felt really creapy. I like St. Ives invogorating.