December 18, 2014 | 1839 users online

Hair Treatments - Avanti- Silicon Mix

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by raboazul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

With chemically treated hair for a good dozen years I can say I've bought and tried everything fortifying and restructuring that ever was,french Caritas hair mask was OK,,but became impossible to get,almost buy once a one hundred dollars Alterna caviar treatment and so on.At first there was this huge retiscence about buying a treatment that clearly states that its main component is,in all the creation,silicon ,I had the worst experiences with silkening finishing products,that sucked the life of my hair due to the silicones in them.So after much thinking ,given that the price is tolerable even for a faliure product,I dared.First time of use was really uncommon,the smell of it was at least overpowering,thought it was indescently cheap stinking and was fearful it could be detectable,on the other hand my hair was softer and more healthy,it took me a few weeks to walk past the prejudice .Still a great effect on hair tresses..there is another two varieties the one with bamboo protein and the powdered pearl,they do not smell so loud but aren't as good as the original one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not the worst conditioner out there but left me with rather unimpressive results and I just couldn't get passed the smell which lingers for days after. I will not purchase again and would not recommend it to anybody to use as there're just far better products out there than this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mariae1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible product...super bad strong smell..I was about to faint and vomit...terrible headache..i rinse my hair more than 10 times to get rid of the smell but was really impossible...when my daughter arrive to the house she felt the same way as me..Mom, what is that terrible odor in the house?....Please, If you still want to buy this product, try it first in a strand of hair and decide....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by meowkitties

Sweet salvation! My hair is tough to work with. I have dark wavy "normal" type hair and finding conditioners that don't add a weird rough texture to my hair is hard. This stuff makes my hair super SILKY, shiny and manageable. And silk doesn't come naturally for my dry hair, let me tell you that. I used it for years and then ran out and stopped and decided to give others a shot, like lush products, organic methods and even going conditioner less. Everything else just leaves my hair dry and frizzy. I don't know what it is but i cannot use just any ol' conditioner from the supermarket. It's a total pain to find a beauty supply store that sells this stuff but i'll definitely go out of my way for it. It's super cheap too, like 5 bucks. What some people are saying about the smell is true, it's strong but i don't mind it because i think it leaves my hair smelling nice afterwards.

Re purchased this baby recently and realized i should have just stuck with it. It would have saved me money and torture. Dominican products saved my hair and i trust in them. I'm using this stuff for life. If it works don't try to fix it and this stuff works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by avastefani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair story is a total disaster after I hit the age of 14. So I've damaged my hair by bleaching, coloring, ironing, more bleaching, and more ironing and my hair looks like a hair ball if I don't blow dry it. To get to the point this saved my hair and I noticed a drastic change over my 3rd time using this deep mask.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ya know, I really wanted to try this for the longest. But it just didn't live up to the hype. I get better slip with Aussie Moist conditioner. Mineral Oil doesn't bother me in theory but I expected this to make my hair feel like butter based on what others have said. It did not. Detangling was ok but it's not like the comb slipped through super easy. The smell was a bit too strong for me. It is an intense baby powder smell. I expected a sweeter smell based on what others said but *shrug*. I will finish this but I won't repurchase. I will be trying the Silicon Mix bambu very soon, though. By the way I am African with 4b natural hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by RustGospel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Though there has been much raving about Dominican products amongst those with curly and kinky hair (both relaxed, natural, and somewhere in between), I really can't say that I was impressed by Avanti's Silicon Mix.
I purchased this product hastily and definitely against my better judgement. At the time, I was attempting to follow the Curly Girl Method to see if perhaps it would work on my s-shaped, dense, long 3b hair. Adding this deep conditioner to the mix really set me back and had me caught right back up in the stripping cycle of silicones and shampoo. BUT, in my desperation to try a Dominican product, I caved.
This seems to hydrate best when I've simply left it on while showering versus sitting under the dryer with it on. Either way, the results really aren't anything notable. My hair seems to react the same way to other more available drugstore conditioners like Aussie Moist or Garnier's Triple Nutrition. While the silicones in this do provide much needed slip for detangling, I don't find that this really helps my hair stay hydrated. If anything, this really bothers my scalp. I've been having to wash my hair more than usual because I'm tearing my scalp up by scratching at it.
If you are someone who is bothered by scents in products or you especially detest strong, powdery, floral, "mature" type fragrances, this DEFINITELY isn't for you. Silicon Mix has a very potent scent that hangs around long after it's been washed out. It's so bad that even if this product did work for me, I wouldn't repurchase it because of the smell.
Over all, Silicon Mix was a total miss for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by MorganAiden

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I hated this. I am not very sensitive to odors and fragrances. But this conditioner smells so strong I had to follow it with another conditioner just to mask that strong perfumey smell. It also wasn't super effective for me, I wasn't too impressed. Although, even if it did work wonders for my hair that odor is too much for me. Never again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by candyrain33

I've been using this conditioner for about 3 years and I LOVE it. Dominican products are great for Afro textured hair whethe relaxed or natural. This conditioner is amazing I only buy the 60 oz. jars. And I buy 2 at a time. It last me MONTHS. And I have long hair. My hair is relaxed but still curly. And this is great for my hair because it detangles and moisturizes! I will use this until the day that I die!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by novn32

When i was younger i had "natural hair" and this was the conditioner i used. I relaxed my hair about 3 years ago and it's still my conditioner of choice. No other conditioner gives me the amount of "slip" this give me. And my hair is in great condition because of it. All i do is shampoo and use this conditioner, leave on for about 5-10 mins and rinse ( completely otherwise it will leave residue behind like many other conditioners do) and my hair is super soft.
This is a dominican product and i am a big fan of dominican products ( although i might be biased since i am dominican) I think they work on alot of different hair times being that the dominican population is so diverse. I really enjoy this conditioner...and you cant beat the price. Way better than alot of the more expensive brands I have used, Redken, Loreal, Paul mitchell, Kerastase ( sp?) ,Ojon, Terax,etc

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No