Almay Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.1

on 9/19/2006 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought this was OK the first few times I tried it but it turned a bit chalky on me after a while. I have a very hard to match skin tone and in order to make it match I'd have to mix the two lightest shades and I can't be bothered with that. I won't buy it again because there are not enough shades to match my skin. But other than that, it is a fairly good concealor.

on 8/10/2006 3:21:00 PM

I have been using this for years now after ditching a host of concealers that gave me orange patches, flakiness and more spots. The coloring is just right and lasts for ages.

on 7/30/2006 12:52:00 PM

This is great. Thanks littlebo for the heads up on where to get it. I never knew concealer could be this good. i bought both the light and medium - light for under eyes and medium for touch ups. it looks so natural and it does what it says on the box - it stays...doesn't melt away and slide down the face in this heatwave we are having at the mo. I highly recommend it...will be getting 1 more of each colour....it's that good!!

on 7/14/2006 5:00:00 AM

I saw this for sale today UK. I just bought 2 tubes just in case they stop stocking it here too.

I love this product. It would be a real shame if they stopped selling it!

on 4/20/2006 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is great. It covers extremely well and the colour suited me perfectly, and never turned orange.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

EDIT: I bought a couple of tubes of this off of ebay, and they seemed more peachy than I remembered. I doubt they would have reformulated this after it was discontinued, so I'm beginning to think that it never matched as well as I had thought. Well, I still use this, and just blend a lot. I deducted a lippie for this.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: WHAT?! They discontinued this? Why?! I'm a fairly recent convert to this absolutely wonderful concealer. If I had known it was going to be discontinued, I would have stocked up. This covers up my acne marks fairly well (a little darkness still shows through with my darkest marks), and the medium actually matches my skin perfectly (MY hard to match skin!!). I just dust a little mineral makeup on top of this and I'm good to go. I cannot believe they discontinued it, especially since so many of us here seem to like it.

on 3/12/2006 2:08:00 PM

This concealer is unfortunately no longer available. I tried Almay's new, line smoothing undereye concealer. The tube looks very similiar to Amazing Lasting. I use it on my undereyes AND on my pimples and dark sports. It works great! Ladies, you don't have to just use it on undereye circles! It works great as a regular concealer, almost as good as Amazing Lasting. You gotta try it!

on 3/11/2006 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

there are always some on ebay.... a few are on there right now.....

This is a great drugstore concealer. Unfortunately there is not a great color selection. It lasts and overall is a good concealer. The packaging can be annoying, as concealer tends to leak out of the tube. Sorry to say MUAers, but since Almay has revamped its entire line this product has been discontinued.

on 2/21/2006 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have tried a million concealers for my very oily skin and I always come back to this one- it wears better than anything and still looks natural on my really pale skin. I am very bummed though because I am having a hard time finding it. I am using MAC studio fix concealer now and it just doesn't have the wear time.

Top Rated Almay Products