October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by nklaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. My HG drugstore mascara. I have been a mascara snob for years (Diorshow) because I couldn't find a drugstore mascara that measured up. I tried this on a whim in an attempt to find a less expensive alternative. This mascara layers beautifully -- I can put on a quick thin coat for day, or multiple coats for a more dramatic night look, and it looks great either way. It adds both length and volume without creating that "spider leg" look. It lasts all day without crumbling or smudging underneath my eyes. It also holds up pretty well to moisture. I've had no need to try the waterproof formulation because this one works great already. I also love the mascara brush -- it is one of the new rubberized types and it REALLY helps avoid the clogging/gunkiness that can occur with other mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Frizznoid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara! I loved Lash Perfection but ordered this from Amazon based on the reviews at MUA and they did not let me down. This is, hands down, the best Mascara I've tried for volume and length. I got it in Extreme Blackout and it's perfect. Unfortunately, It is extremely hard to find. When I went to stock up, nobody had this color anymore. I ordereda few in Black Velvet and found Extreme Blackout in Waterproof. Hopefully, the Waterproof will be as good as the regular.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kslowko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome mascara! Goes on great and doesn't budge all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by pearbeary18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Basically, this is just like Lash Blast but better. It clumps far less than Lash Blast does, making it easier to apply and reapply.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SuRu

I'm crazy about this mascara! Used it to replace the regular 2000 calorie lash and am happy with the price. This brush is fatter and it definately plumps. My lashes are so long and lush I feel like I'm wearing falsies. But the key is I had to "learn" how to use this mascara. I do two coats, brushing through the lashes several times for each swab in the mascare. I also wiggle the brush through the lashes until they are fanned out. Then I work the outer lashes with more mascara if I want more plumping. It does not cluck, get spidery, or add little blobs on the end if I use it right. If I'm lazy and just coat it on without any precision it is a "meh" mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

I bought it in a very dark black color, which I LOVE. the formula doesn't clump your lashes, it defines my lashes and stays on well. overall a good mascara, better than alot of mascaras out there. The only thing i really did not like, was the brush... so, I might have to pass on this next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by JOEJOEMOM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at CVS for 75% off. I needed some mascara so I thought I would try it. It seems like it's trying to be like CoverGirl Lash Blast. I love the Lash Blast and I thought this would be like it. It is thick that Lash Blast and not as affective. I will stick with CoverGirl. Anyway, it was only $2.74!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Sirenas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know what happened with this mascara but mine just doesn't cut it. I bought it like so many others based on the great reviews here, but the product just did not deliver to my expectations. In fact, I hate to admit it, but this mascara did nothing to lengthen my lashes, defined them, or even to add volume. It just made them clump together all short. It is one of the worst mascaras ever! I tried working with it a few times but it just clumps up even from only one coat, and it adds no length whatsoever. I may have gotten a defective one or something cause honestly it cannot be this bad. I have another or Max Factor's mascara and it is amazing and my favorite mascara ever so I don't understand. Nevertheless, I would never recommend this product but instead "Max Factor Lash Perfection Volume Couture Mascara", check the reviews they are just as good as this one. It's the best mascara I have ever used, go read the reviews and TRY IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a mascara I've been meaning to try because of such good mua reviews. Not happy ladies!
    I did not notice a pumping effect and I did not like the pokey plastic brush. I will say that it did the two coats thing without a lot of clumping but a lot of mascaras do it better. I bought this back to back with bourjois 2 in 1 coup de theatre mascara and found them very similar. I would recommend that over this so you may want try it if this is a mascara you love. Neither was right for me however.

Sigh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by olelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Heh. I tried this based on the reviews of MUA, and at first I liked it, but realized that I'm not a fan of large brushes. In my opinion it gets too much product on the bristles, and no matter what I do my lashes get too spidery and slightly clumpy. Not natural-looking at all... Also, it doesn't seem to hold a curl. I curl before AND after application, and even my Imju Fiberwig holds a curl better. Since then I've turned to MF Lash Perfection Volume Couture, and it is 1,000,000 times better!! However, on the plus side it does lengthen well and it stays put all day without flaking.