December 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just turned 50 and started wearing this foundation about six months ago. People have actually mentioned how great my skin looks since I switched to this. I use the small stippling brush by e.l.f. and it works great. You need very little product but as someone else mentioned, it's very easy to build coverage if needed. I'm on my second one, really love this makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by tinydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is a surprise that a drugstore product should top my list of foundations. I have color 250. I apply it lightly - use with either a brush or dampened beauty blender. I follow with a light dusting of Jane Iredale powder in golden glow. The best look ever. My skin is oily and I thought the creamy formula would be too much but I prefer it to any lotion formula I've ever used including BB.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

WOW - I too am shocked that this foundation has only one review.

I absolutely love this foundation. I was recently using CG Outlast 3-in-1 foundation with great results until about a month or so ago. Because the Outlast has a super matte finish, I found that my fine lines, pores, etc., were magnified. That was disheartening. I switched from powder to liquid to avoid that exact scenario. So, when I noticed that the imperfections were magnified, I decided I had to leave my Outlast and find something in a cream form - that's when I spotted this product. I am in between a NC25 & NC30, so I went with 230 (Classic Beige) and it's an almost perfect match. I think the next go around I will try 240 (Natural Beige) or Creamy Beige. My face has warm tones to it but my neck area has cool tones to it so whichever has less pink in the formula will be the one. My skin tone is so fickle that I may end up blending two shades.

Anyhow, back to this awesome product. It's super easy to use and I love the packaging. I followed my normal routine of cleansing, exfoliating, then moisturizing before applying the foundation. I ended using my e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush to apply and WOW - it was like someone had airbrushed my skin. This coverage is buildable and since the product doesn't dry in 10 seconds, I was able to apply more in certain areas and easily blend it in with areas that didn't require extra coverage. I'd say a flat top kabuki or stipple brush works best for this particular foundation. MAC's 190 may not be suitable for this formulation.

I didn't need concealer nor did I need to set this foundation with powder. It's long wearing and thus far, does not cause breakouts (huge PLUS for me!). I can definitely see myself purchasing this again - it is a little pricey for a drug store foundation, but it performs well and a little really does go a long way, so it's worth the initial investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by rhandschuh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been pleasantly surprised with this product. Normally, I have not done well with CG products in the past, but I was looking for a build-able creme foundation and bought this after reading reviews. It only takes a small amount to provide light coverage. It does not cling to my dry patches nearly as much as most other foundations I have tried.

I always use a flat top foundation brush to apply. I cannot imagine using the sponge it comes with, because you only need a tiny amount. I have not had any issues with the product drying out (bought it couple months ago).

For pacaking, the biggest issue I have is with the lid when closing the package. I've gouged the surface of the makeup several times with the lip of the screw-on lid when not paying attention. I would buy again and recommend to friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by hollyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation because the Covergirl Whipped Trueblend foundation was discontinued. I found this foundation to be way to heavy and it really dried out my skin. I now use this foundation as a cover-up until I finish the container. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out or dry out my sensitive skin and it looks great!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Liss42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product didn't work very well for me, I find my skin soft and pale and I just want something to blend in, but this product didn't do that, looked orange on me and didn't blend in like I wanted it to. I do believe though if my face wasn't so pale that it may have worked a bit better

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

It has a really light coverage for me. The good thing is it's light and doesn't give me breaks out. I love how it has a little pad to apply the foundation on. it has both white and nude color, so I usually use the white part as a highlighter. Love it so far and I am run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by waymire01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this when it first came out years ago.. and hated it. It was a greasy gloopy mess and looked very obvious. However I recently tried it again after falling in love with the concealers from this line and I think the problem was using the included sponge to apply.. and using way too much. The coverage of this is fantastic and you only need the tiniest bit. I don't normally wear it as an all over foundation.. I have others I prefer for that.. but what I love it for are those days when I do not want to wear a full face of makeup but still want to look nice. I put on my oil control primer and then apply this like I would a concealer, using my usual concealer brush (Soho crease brush).. barely tap the bristles in and then buff the product on. It has almost the same coverage as my full coverage concealer, I have no need for any additional concealer under the eyes or on redness, blemishes, etc... but it blends out completely so it looks natural.. not the "patchwork quilt" effect I get when using concealer over my hyperpigmented bare skin with no foundation. I can cover all my trouble spots in about a minute, apply a little powder, and I'm done. The packaging is super convenient as well, fits nice in your hand, and obviously you can't spill. I would certainly take it camping or any travel where I did not need a full face of makeup. I've had my current one for almost two years and it has yet to dry out in the slightest. One warning I will give.. this is made for mature skin and most ladies get dryer as they age. I, however have oily/combo skin. I really don't think this would be the greatest for truly dry skin, it simply is not that moisturizing (although it does not cling to dry patches) and I would consider it a semi-matte foundation. Personally I'm thrilled because it is so hard to find a foundation that plays well with wrinkles yet is not super moisturizing... but I can see where others would be disappointed. Also it can be really difficult to find your shade with the way the packaging is designed, plus the product appears darker in the pan than it is applied. I found going one shade lighter than my normal CG shade matched well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by liz1644

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-good coverage
-feels soft

CONS:
-price ($16)
-made oily skin oilier
-gave me "makeup lines" on the edge of my cheeks
-breaks me out
-feels heavy on my face

Overall, it's an OK foundation but it's in no way the best for me. I wish it didn't make my already oily skin oilier and shiny!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This has become my favorite foundation! I use my ELF flat top brush and lightly bounce it onto the surface of the product then apply to my chin and the lower half of my face, then do this a second time and begin with my nose area. I even run this under my eyes and it gives fantastic coverage for my redness and slightly dark under eye areas. My shade is 215, a warm light shade that will work well for neutrals also. The only down fall is how greasy i will still look after a few hours, but I use a Palladio blotting paper and my skin looks naturally flawless again. That is the best part, how youthful and natural this product looks when applied lightly with a brush. I've repurchased this product THREE times, that has never before happened with a skin product!