July 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Powder - Coty - airspun loose face powder translucent extra coverage

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by angelumieree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently discovered this wonderful powder through youtube raves, and snatched it on sale at CVS for less than $2. It has a lot of product and has a "grandma" scent to it, but I actually don't mind it too much.

It has a slight bit of coverage, and somehow makes my pores disappear! SO flattering on my skin. It is perfect for setting my foundation. I also love how soft it is, like it just dissolves onto the surface of my skin as I set with it.

At first I thought I can't use this because after I powdered my face, my eyes stung so badly and I knew it was due to this. I just be careful now to make sure my eyes are shut tight and I use something else to set the under eye area.. But overall, this is such a beautiful loose powder, I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by willowbreath

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

They changed the packaging!!! :( Loved the old school packaging and today I found it again at Walgreens and it's in plastic. So upset by this, I loved the old vintage packaging. Going to search online to see if I can find it anywhere, otherwise I'll have to go to Michael's or some craft store and see if I can find a vintage looking box. Hate it when things are changed for the worse instead of the better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by TriciaK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is HG clearly- the best beauty bargain ever in the history of womankind. My grandmother, who sadly passed, used to use this and she, like me, had an affinity for makeup. I use the translucent sparingly as that's all that's needed after foundation and apply it with a BB velour puff. I think the flimsy one that comes with it is just ineffective. But at this cost, who cares! I don't like my whole face powdered so I apply it under my eyes and on my chin and on part of my cheeks liberally. Then after I apply eye shadow and liner I use a large powder brush to brush off the excess taking any shadow fallout with it perfectly and easily.
Next I apply contour, bronzer, blush etc. It leaves the lightest veil of natural looking "matte-ness" which lasts at least 5 hours.

The smell is faint but definitely "vintage" but not at all bothersome to me as it disappears almost instantly. I have been trying to find it in Naturally Neutral because translucent seems a TINY bit too light on my light-med olive skin, however it still works fine since it's feathery light and leaves no discernible whitish cast behind. I just think the tinted neutral shade might look better.

I've tried many h/e loose powders before and this is definitely right up there with the best of them, subpar packaging aside.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I keep coming back to this stuff.. I've used every kind of powder imaginable. High end to low end and everything in between. This stuff works. Plain and simple. There is a reason it's been around for so long. I apply it right after my foundation and my face looks satiny and flawless. I've also used this as a primer before foundation and it works amazingly well. A little goes a long way with that method.

There is just something about this that makes me feel glamorous. I can see all of the beautiful women of the 30's with the big puff at their dressing tables using this lol. Not good if you're scent sensitive. other than that try it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Come back to it again and again. Well made as it has been since the mid-30's, smells so feminine that Chloe herself figured out how to bottle the scent into a perfume called Love. I dont think it smells like an old lady, I think it smells like a vintage woman!
The formula is finely milled and even if I'm not wearing foundation, a light dusting of this helps to even my skin tone. I've had a few of my girl friends try this and attempt to steal it, I love that you can now find it in more places (CVS, Walmart and Target now carry it!) so I send them to the stores so they dont take mine!

Coty Airspun proves that if it aint broke, dont fix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by imadesphousewife

This is for the translucent extra coverage powder, not the tinted kind. On to the review!

This used to be my HG powder back in high school, when it still came in the little cardboard box. I believe I got irritated one day when it spilled and never bought it again. On a whim, I picked it up on sale at Walgreens last week, and fell in love with the stuff all over again!

I use this with Rimmel 002 Fix & Perfect Primer, and Revlon Colorstay in Buff. I think I've finally found my HG combonation! I also use a moisturizer under the primer (just St Ives, nothing special). But my skin has never looked so amazingly flawless! I do suffer from the occasional blemish, and dark circles. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the age where I look downright scary without makeup!

The only complaint I have is the packaging, it is awful trying to open! I love the little plastic lid that goes on top to keep it from spilling, that's what I tap the excess into. Of course, it's not meant for traveling, either. But all in all I'm sorry I dumped it all those years ago and am happy for our fateful reunion! There's a reason this stuff has been around so long!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for the colored powder not the translucent. I have it in muted rose (a light pink tone) and rachel 2 (a light beige tone). I bought them for under $6.00 dollars a box at my local drugstore. Beyond being super affordable, this is just the best powder. It sets my makeup beautifully while adding a hint of color. The texture is really light and doesn't leave me looking too matte. There's a reason this has been around since the 1930's; it's good!

Edit: I recently colored my hair red and the yellow base in the rachel 2 really makes me glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nicki5687

hey now!! i fuggin love this powder i had the regular version a while ago and lost it i then decided to try the green one which was the "luminous version" i effin love it...the smell is not bad im so used to it that it doesnt phase me at all. i have dry skin in certain areas and this doesnt make me look cakey or patchy and when i set my foundation with it it melts into my skin the sucky part is that when first applied i look really pale but thats ok because im naturally pale anyway. but what i really really love about this powder is that it makes my face look dewy and not at all matte i mean yes somedays i prefer a matte look but 90% of the time i like to have a glow/dewy finish to my skin and thats exactly what this powder does for me not to mention i absolutely love that i use this as my cheek highlighter and its perfect!! the only gripe i have with this is the horrible packaging i wish i could travel with it to touch up when needed but i cant lug the container around without ultimate spillage but nonetheless, this powder is wicked and ill keep repurchasing til they discontinue it...... sike!!! thatll never happen its already been out for what seems like 60 years hahaha

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by cindy007

The trick to this product is finding the right color. After you do that, you'll wonder how you lived without it. This review is not for transluscent (which is just way too pale for me) but for Naturally Neutral, which has more color.

Great powder. Milled very fine. Does not collect in pores or fine lines, just smooths the face and sets foundation. I use this with Revlon Colorstay foundation and it makes my skin look awesome. Only a little teensy bit is needed, and I use the puff that is included. This is a another trick, do not overload the product on your face.

Has not irritated my skin in any way or broken it out. I am bipolar when it comes to the scent, one day I love it, one day I hate it, but at all times I'm able to at least tolerate it enough to get the powder on my face. And the scent fades almost immediately after you put the powder on your face. Oh and I have finally figured out what the pattern is on the package. I thought at first it was a Chinese design, at least, it looked Asian or Oriental to me, but what it is upon close inspection is little powder puffs, all over the top. So now you know!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by GayleMint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Most powders I use are over priced and just sit on top of the foundation making it look caked on. This although, is better than most. It helps smooth and set the foundation. It prevents oils and shininess on my face. Sure the smell isn't the best but it does not irritate my eyes like others. I love that you get so much for the price.