October 20, 2014 | 1987 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Sun Protection Eye Cream SPF 32 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by RachelEM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this product and absolutely love it! It had never occurred to me to use a separate sunscreen for my eye area than for the rest of my face, but I use a separate eye cream than a regular facial moisturizer - and I got it as part of a sample package, so I figured why not try it?!
The consistency is great and while I wish it had a higher spf and was slightly less expensive, a little bit goes a long way and I've not had any sunburns while using this product. My eye area is super sensitive to light, as well as to any chemicals and I haven't had any redness, breakouts, or negative reactions.
I will definitely be purchasing this in the future!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by juliehj81

This high SPF eye cream is great. I live in FL and preventing sun damage and wrinkles is very important to me. This product offers good moisture to the eye area and is not too heavy or greasy. It has not caused any problems for my sensitive eyes and I highly suggest you try this, especially for the summer time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:01:00 AM More reviews by beisquared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend has been using this along with the SPF 55 Long Lasting Sun Creme and she recommended it me awhile ago. I just recently bought it since I found a very good deal on a kit that came with this eye creme and the face creme in full sizes along with other goodies. I am now converting to Shiseido for my facial sunscreen. This eye creme is great! It goes on so smooth and creamy and provides enough hydration so that I don't use another eye creme/serum during the day. I feel like the less products I need to put on my eyes, the better for my skin. I also like the smell. The fragrance is light and pleasant. The price is a little steep to be paying so much for such a tiny tube, but a little dab goes a very long way. I'll be repurchasing this product in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used the whole Shiseido Suncare line for years.

This eye cream is the cream I use on my under eye area after I let my regular eye cream set in. It works as my sun barrier. I am half a century old and have minimal under eye wrinkles -- I do atribute my use of this cream to helping me stave off the lines...

I will continue to buy this product as long as they make it... it is an absolute must for beauty and health.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. In addition to the high SPF, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. It's also very soothing and works well under make up. I recommend this to anyone looking for a high SPF eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I absolutely love this product! I'm a sun protection junkie, I wear it every single day. I have been searching for a good eye cream with SPF for a long time and have tried many along the way. This is by far the best. I have very sensitive skin and a lot of products cause me to turn red or cause my skin to burn. This not only is great as sun protection, but is a great eye cream in general and does not irritate my super sensitive skin. I highly recommend everybody give this a try! I will continue to repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

--UPDATE -9/1/10, I wanted to retry this, but after checking the active ingredients on CIBA sunscreen simulator this got a fail in terms of UVA protection. It got a low PPD of 4. So if you wanted to prevent aging with this eye cream, i wouldn't count on it. Removing 2 lippies ( 3 down to 1).

Wished I came across this product sooner! Thank you MUA!
It comes in a small blue squeeze tube and the opening is this narrow cone shape when you remove the cap, great for keeping bacteria and germs out. Its pretty small, 15ml and pricey at about 2 dollars per ml. Yet, I would continue to buy this regardless of the price. Its great for the eye area, and non-drying! I found that my eye area did not go dry with this sunscreen. I won't go back to using my normal facial sunscreen near my eyes after using this. It truly does not irritate the eyes when your apply it. I also wear contacts and I found that it did not affect them or turn my eyes red when applying them after my contacts. I have had no allergic reaction using this. It also is not greasy and absorbs well into the skin. Definitely go to a counter and try it out for yourself, before you spend the money. (reposted since there are two review areas for the same product)

+++UPDATE: sorry I spoke too soon. I removed 2 lippies. This is very drying. I already have very dry skin and using this around my eyes without moisturizer resulted in lines around my eyes and I am only 21. Lines from dryness...no good. I guess it would be okay if I started to use this with moisturizer but I do not like how drying it is. Boo...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lightxl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is perfect - exactly what I'm looking for. Hi spf eye cream that doesn't sting my eyes and doesn't leave a white cast. Light texture. Absorbs well. If you've ever had problems using moisturizers with spf near your eyes, you should buy this. Apply this first, then use the face sunscreen for the rest of your face and avoid the eye area. No more teary eyes! Wonderful product. I've use neutrogena eye cream with spf which was less expensive and worked well but is now impossible to find. It doesn't absorb as well as shiseido and is tinted to hide the fact that it would leave a white cast otherwise. It's pricey, but worth. I'll keep buying until I find a cheaper alternative. It's so difficult to find an eye cream with spf, let alone one that performs!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:09:00 PM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would most definitely buy this product again and again. I use my normal eye cream, then wait for it to sink in, then this over the top. It has basically no fragrance and sinks in to your skin quickly and leaves no greasy residue. When layered over eye cream it works really well as a primer for undereye concealer. I adore the hygenic packaging and the fact that it brightens my undereye area a bit as well. Thanks MUA for the reccs on this, I will keep purchasing forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by wiseowl

An eye cream with sun protection is essential for me. I found Kiehl's eye product(the yellow one with slightly gel-like texture) with SPF, while fine on its own, would have a stinging reaction in combination with any eye serums or other eye treatments. Shiseido's causes no stinging reactions at all in combination, plus, nice SPF level. Don't y'all hate those ones with an SPF of four or some ridiculously low number when eyes are especially vulnerable? I know the SPF number isn't everything, but still, four? While there is the typical Shiseido cost attached to it, eye creams are items that are consumed slowly due to the comparatively small amount used so the cost isn't felt as keenly, what with it lasting such a long time. Besides, in the case of eye protection, I think it may be better to shell out a little more at the beginning with an effective product than try to skimp and end up spending more in the long run due to ineffective products. It gives me enough moisture, but if you have especially dry eyelids, remember the advice another reviewer said about eye night creams. I find the smell pleasant on application, not overwhelming, and I don't smell it once it's absorbed.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No