April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Treatments - 3M - Nexcare Acne Patch

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This did not stick well to my skin and seemed to have no effect on the pimple.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was SO EXCITED to try this and it was such an epic fail for me!! It didn't do anything but irritate my skin/make it almost blister. It literally made my blemishes worse. I kept at it for a month then threw in the towel.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 4:42:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I was extremely excited to try these out once I received it. I found them to be a bit finicky considering how it would work on some pimples and not others. All of which became ripe and were ready to burst. I loved seeing how it drew out the gunk from pimples and while it did work for some pimples, I ended up having an adverse allergic reaction to it.

My skin isn't sensitive at all and I rarely ever get any reaction to whatever I use. Despite some products being strong. However, over a period of time of using these on my face, it left my skin really messed up. The areas in which it came in contact with the patches are rough, dry, flaky, red, inflamed, scaly, and down right ugly. This is the only product that's new in my skincare and I know it's the patches considering how there's these prominent circle imprints around my face from the patches. I haven't used these for close to two weeks and still no improvement, in fact, it's getting worse. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I can only pray for the best. I feel so self conscious and makeup can't even cover up the mess.

I am happy that these worked for majority of the people on here but I do want to warn others so that they don't end up being in the same situation as I am. Although I am probably just one unlucky person out of the bunch. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

!o_O! I am so underwhelmed and that surprised me. I was sooo excited to get these in the mail. After hearing what a miracle they were, and just at a time when I needed it. But I don't feel these do much at all. I used a few already, on different pimples. Some were even ones that were popped previously, so you'd think it would be able to pull out the impurities easier. ...I feel this didn't do much of anything. It did turn white after a little while, but when I took them off, there was still a lot of pressure and pain below and it felt like it wasn't actually relieving that at all. If anything, I wonder if it made it worse since it was covered and couldn't come out or breath/dry. Not only that, but when you pull them off, they stick so tightly that I feel any scabs or progress you may have made in drying it out gets destroyed since these rip off the skin and hair that's under the patch. That's a little too intense for me on a blemish. I need the skin to heal, not be man handled. So I hate to write a negative review but these really just didn't do anything grand for me. That's just my honest assessment. Personally I prefer egg and soap to dry out spots.

Update: I still don't think these are fantastic, but I'd like to add a few more experiences with them. The second time I used these, it did pull out stuff from the pimple and the pimple quickly dried out afterwards. But the third time it was like the first, didn't do much, sort of pulled it up but not out (so I ended up popping them anyway) and on some of them it tore off the top layer of skin so I had a small circle (which could be soooo bad on already damaged skin). It sort of goes like that, vacillating between working and not. So I guess it has to be used on a very specific type of pimple. Maybe right after it's been opened but not so soon it rips it apart from the sticking? It's very tricky. All three times I left them on overnight, so it was enough time. I upped the review a little but I'm still kind of unsure here.

Update 2: Much happier, these have helped me tremendously. I guess there is a learning curve because there are certain blemishes it works for and doesn't work for. Def must be used on popped pimples. It doesn't get rid of it but it helps keep it from re-infecting and protects it, while pulling out some puss as well. I tried to not pop at all but then they never seemed to go away, so this is important for healing when you do have to pop. I used about half of them, and I think I will order more. Between this and sulfur and a non reactive cleanser, I'm feeling much better about my skin.

These went from blah to necessity. Just thought I'd let you know! I now have a few of my orginals, and two packs of the thin version which show up WAY less during day time use, if you have to use it then. I am NOT a fan of getting makeup in my blemishes so I usually use a sulfur drying lotion just to take off a little redness and to cover it up so the makeup doesn't get in, but for bigger pimples or more open ones you need this. Once you get a good amount out (one or two uses) I do tend to switch to sulfur and even first aid ointment or a little jojoba becuase it will scab and if you over dry it can make it worse, but the patch is necessary to get the puss out so it can start to heal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me this works best on unpopped pimples.

Put the sticker on your unpopped zit and just pull.

The sticker sucks out any remaining junk in the pore, and you know it worked if the sticker turns from clear-yellow to a opaque white color. It's true that they won't really work on a deep cystic pimple, only thing that will correct that is oral medicine I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by FLYONA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received my pack I ordered from ebay last week...let's just say I have already ordered two more packs so I am never without. Amazing stuff - draws all the gunk out and flattens spots in a few applications.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent product. Only works on zits which have a head. It draws all the gunk out and the pimple becomes flat and heals quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by RYANNSMOMMY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Already on my second box! I've never written a review before, but these little patches make me want to sing out to the world! The trick for me is that you have to open the zit and then put a patch on. Whether it's a deep cystic zit or normal pimple that has not come to a head, I wash my face thoroughly and open it with a sterile needle and then place the pimple patch on it and leave it on overnight. It's so exciting to peel them off when I wake up and see all the gunk they've extracted. I've struggled with terrible acne and for the first time in my life my skin is acne free! And with my new regimen I'm hoping to keep the acne away! Just waiting for some of the red post acne spots to disappear. Only negative is that I went through a box in a week lol

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ChewyT

I'm not sure. Out of the 5 times I've used it, it didn't really do any tricks for me. My almost-ripe pimples were still raging and angry.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

TL;DR: Invest in these for popped pimples and those deep painful pimples.

I had to write a review for this product after officially testing it last night on a cyst.

Two days ago, I woke up with a cyst forming on the bottom of my chin. When I say cyst, I mean a big painful pimple that's deep under the skin, doesn't respond to any treatment, is multiple affected pores in one, and can last up to a week or two (or more according to some people) before leaving a scar. (by the way, I've only randomly had deep pimples like this, and I think I've narrowed it down to excessive omega 3- I got a few of these when I was taking omega 3/fish oil supplements and got this one after eating walnuts daily for the past week, hope that helps someone to hear).

I'd recently bought these patches because I'd read the reviews on here and thought they could work for me. I usually only have small surface whiteheads and these things supposedly suck the gunk out of it when you place it on top overnight. Some reviews say just place it on, while others say pop it first so it can actually flow out. For the latter reason, people said these patches didn't do much on the deep underground pimples with no whitehead. A few said it did work, so with a little faith I placed the large-size patch on around 8 pm. Late at night before I fell asleep, I looked at it up close in a mirror and thought I could see kind of a cluster of white spots underneath and was shocked/excited that it may be working. I resisted the temptation to take it off and look, and went to bed.

This morning I took it off and the swelling was down probably 70% and the pain was gone, though there was still a pink spot there. Sure enough, there was some white gunk on the patch. This thing managed to pull some of it out even though it was way under the skin. So this is pretty much a miracle in my book now, as very few treatments are able to affect blocked pores so deep. This thing appears to have made a path where there wasn't one. I could briefly see the affected pores at the surface after taking this off, so I'm hoping that if I put something on it, it may be able to help some now.

Later tonight, I'll be wearing another patch and expect it will be mostly taken care of tomorrow. Wow. You can find these online for around 8 dollars for a pack of about 30. If you ever get a stubborn pimple, invest in a pack of these to have on hand. I got two packs on amazon with some other items. Without this, my cyst probably would've gotten a little bigger before sitting on my face for a week or two and then flaking/scabbing over (really bad) and leaving a scar. It's definitely worth it. My pimples can be stubborn as mules- treatments that work great for others usually do nothing for me, like the Queen Helene mint julep mask. So when something works, I'm impressed.

As for the patch itself- it's light yellow and translucent, so you can notice it on your face. It's kind of gel-like and has pretty decent sticking power- it stayed on all night as I slept. If you live with people you wouldn't want seeing this, I'd recommend putting one on as you go to sleep. It's more discreet than other spot treatments at least, but not invisible. But still worth getting on however you can- but let it stay on for a good 6+ hours for it to do its job.

Hope that helps.

edit #1 (later the same night). I ended up having the day to myself so I wore another one of these patches from around 1 to 4 (not long but I had dinner plans I wanted to start getting ready for). I took the patch off and, again, the affected pores were visible with tiny bits of pus sticking out of the pore. I gently pushed some of the infection out, which unfortunately/understandably irritated the spot (so maybe avoid doing that), so I showered, washed with a gentle cleanser, and put another patch on it around 5 since my dinner plans were rescheduled.

A little after 9, I took off the patch with some gunk on it, and the spot was again reduced in inflammation. I could clearly see tiny bits of pus sticking out again from four pores that were in a row. My cyst was at least 4 affected pores! I've now put one more patch on that I'll leave on over night, and will update on its condition in the morning. Now, I know this will be 4 patches over 2-3 days, but this was a monster, and I'm confident that nothing else could've resolved a cyst like this.

edit #2 (2 days later) yesterday it was calmed down enough that I could totally cover it with my light/medium concealer (almay tlc) and it was fine all day. when i washed my makeup off later that night, it still looked okay but the top layer of skin flaked off with new pink skin underneath. I put a little patch on that and went to bed.

today- no pain, hardly any inflammation, and only slightly more pink than the rest of my skin. Can't believe it's on its way out after only a couple days - less than half the healing time of previous cysts. awesome. i'll leave a final update in a few days seeing if there's any scar leftover compared to the other scars. (did leave a small pink mark)

final consensus- works to draw out pus/oil from popped pimples and even from the deep under the skin pimples that nothing else can touch. Not as effective over regular whiteheads. Draws liquid only so it can't suck out any big hardened sebum plugs, though it'll bring them to the surface.

And that's enough of me talking about something so gross! Haha

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No