April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Blush - MAC - Devil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 7:32:00 PM More reviews by znodarse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Devil is bright. Let's just put that out there. If you don't have a light hand and you don't want to look like a clown, pass this up. I love this blush. I'm pretty fair and with a light hand of Devil on the apples of my cheek gives me a natural flush that pops! Would buy again because it's totally worth the money. You'll probably never run out anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jhcchewy

This Blush is THE BEST

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by MsMaryMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush! It looks REALLY scary in the pan, but with a light hand and a stippling/skunk brush, it applies perfectly to my brown (NW45) skin. I also agree with the other reviewers, this color is good for darker skin or lighter ladies who are looking for a bold look.

My application: I took my Sonia Kashuk skunk (blush/highlighter brush from Target) brush, tapped it (literally tapped just the tips of the brush into the blush, I didn't squish the brush onto it or rubbed it around) onto the surface of the blush 2 times (tap,tap) and then tapped onto my cheeks and blended towards my temple. The color applied sheer, so I repeated the step and then I had the most pretty color appear onto my cheeks- it wasn't clownish at all. I got a very sun-kissed natural-looking flush on my cheeks with this blush.

Would I buy it again? Alittle does go a long way on this blush, so I can't see myself hitting pan anytime soon. I will say that I would buy it for someone else as a gift because it's so pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by mijo2u

this is exactly as described on the MAC Pro website, however the swatch on the site is way off. this is a bright intense orange. at first sight you cant even consider using such a color. but with a brush like the 187 you get the most prettiest color, im a NC30 and this looks beautiful on my skin, it looks orange but not ugly like a carrot more like a peach. i cant describe how pretty this color is. you just need to know how to apply it and work it. but i would recommend this to anyone, but i can see this working on a variety of skin colors. you need to see this in person and try on to admire it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by SixPomegranateSeeds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from Manish purely for the packaging and uniqueness of the color. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to use as a blush, and I like me some bright blushes. I finally put this to work as a crease color for when I do an orange eye (usually with NARS Mediterranee). I misplaced Devil awhile back (I travel a lot with makeup and am forever leaving items in hotel rooms), and am not as sorry as I usually am when I lose makeup items. This is a color for dark-skinned girls and makeup artists who want an extensive collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by charisma103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, this blush is not for everyone. I am very fair skinned (NW15). With a light hand this blush can look magnificent, but it takes a bit of blending.

I used my 129 brush and dabbed it once into the pot. There wasn't a lot of the product on my brush, so I dabbed it on the apples of my cheeks and around my temples; then blended.

A little goes a long way! The color payoff is excellent and I got a nice natural flush. If you are heavy handed this color could come off looking like a bad sunburn....

I would describe Devil as a vivid red orange color. I swapped for this item and will probably never purchase because it will literally take me forever to use this up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2008 5:11:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, only 2 review for this one? Interesting. But I can understand why. This blush is BRIIIIGHT! It's like holy molly bright. I ended up grabbing this at one of my MAC training facilities for the sake of having it. It just looked unique and well, bright. I have been wanting to try NARS Exhibit A for a while and thought this was the closest MAC shade to it. The first time I tried it I was just like what the ....I need to get rid of this and swap it. I applied it with my 116 blush brush and even when I thought I was doing a very light hand, it came out extremely bright and very clownish looking. I have dark tanned skintone, around NC45ish, so you can imagine just how bright this. Second time I tried it, with my 188 mini skunk brush, the same thing. But I was determined to make this blush look pretty on me by all means necessary. Yup, sho' was. So I applied some bronzer where the sun hits, and my cheeks and theeeeeen, I placed my 116 brush very gently on the blush and literally just dotted this on the apples of my cheeks and blended it with the bronzer. Finally!!! That was it! It actually looked good and just as if I had a summer tan. Very pretty. This one takes work and a very light hand so beware. I am looking forward to being creative with this blush as I find it very unique and hard to part with.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by xokerrybaybii

When i saw this blush in promo pics of the Manish collection i had to have it! It was just so different from all the other blushes i had. The packaging is beautiful and the colour is a bright red with a slight sparkle. Everything seemed fine until i got it in the post. I tried it and it's so bright! I've tried numerous times and no matter what i do, i just can't make it blend. I wouldn't buy this again and i never use it. A complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by fashiongal

MAC's Devil blush is part of the perm pro line and was also included in the Manish Arora collection in special limited edition packaging. It's an extremely bright orange blush with a very small amount of gold shimmer. The shimmer does not show up when I apply it. It is incredibly pigmented (as are many of the pro edition blushes). I am fairly tan (NC 35) and have to use a very, very light hand when applying otherwise I end up with two orange swatches on my cheeks. But when I get the application just right, it looks almost like an intense coral/orange, not just a bright orange. Looks best in the summer when I'm a little more tan. The blush I have that is closest to it is Rock & Republic's All Nighter, but R & R applies a little more sheerly and has more gold shimmer. It's not like NARS Exhibit A (that is more red) nor is it like NARS Taj Mahal (more burnt orange with shimmer). So it's pretty unique. Would I buy it again - maybe if I ever ran out. But with it's pigmentation I think I could wear it every day for a year without even seeing pan. Probably not the best blush for cooler or lighter toned ladies - so beware of the Devil :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No