Meow Cosmetics Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Meow Cosmetics is the only loose powder foundation I haven't hated! It actually stays on my face, and after I figured out my shade (Frisky Manx for this pale yellow-toned girl), I immediately ordered the full size. It actually stays on my face, and the melt is super nice. It's like my skin but better, all the way.

My only gripe is that I do wish the coverage could be a liiiittle heavier on this, but luckily there is a higher-coverage foundation available from Meow which I just received samples for. So we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and I have very oily skin. Jane Iredale and Bareminerals cause my skin to become oilier and gross, but this does not do that. It doesn't control oil exactly, but I don't turn into an oil slick with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been an Everyday Minerals fan for years. But I read about Meow and decided to give it a try.

First, the whole concept of Meow is either something you love or you hate. They are an indie brand and obviously they don't have a ton of money for website design or advertising. They say they offer inexpensive $1 samples, but guess what? You need to spend a minimum $10 on your order and then $4.35 shipping. So you spend a minimum of $14.35 on SAMPLES. I know they are a small company, but come on. That's insane. Luckily, I got a few samples from someone else because I could not bring myself to pay so much money to sample their product. I actually kind of like the naming scheme (eg, Frisky Abyssian, Inquisitive Manx, etc) but dislike the over all look of their website. I do like that they organize the shades by skin tone and from light to dark (something even Everyday Minerals fails to do). Meow also does not accept returns of any kind.

Okay, so I got my samples. Applied it. The powder seems very finely ground. Color matches pretty well. VERY sheer coverage. I like it but I'm not crazy about it.

Some people are complaining about "glitter" in this foundation. So when I applied it to my hand I also saw the "glitter". Then I put my Everyday Minerals on my hand to compare and I was shocked to see "glitter" in that one as well! I've been wearing it for years and never noticed. So I feel like the glitter is actually luminious powder so it does not look so flat on your face. I'm not sure how it doesn't get mixed in during production, but when applied it will disappear.

I love the color selection of Meow. So many undertones and shades. The Purrrfect Puss coverage is very sheer (always nice to have that option to those who want it, but I would probably get more medium coverage). The ingredients and quality seem good. BUT I am probably going to re-order my Everyday Minerals because I feel like cost of Meow is too expensive for the samples.

By the way, I received the following samples in a swap: Sleek Korat, Sleek Abyssinian (waaaaaayyy too light), Sleek Siamese, and Frisky Korat. I was recommeded by Meow's color help to try Korat, Abyssinian, and Siamese in Inquisitive (0), Sleek (1), and they said they thought Frisky (2) might be too dark for me but weren't sure. Korat seems to work reasonably well for me as it is a gold/beige color. Sleek is almost too light but Frisky is almost too dark. If you do a google search for "rock roll glam meow foundation" it will take you to a blog with the BEST review and swatch photos of warm and light shades. I would love to repost the photos here but it's not my blog.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I tried a few samples and found my perfect match with Naughty Korat. I am a light-medium neutral but like a more golden tone to cover my redness. This foundation felt so lightweight and looked so real skin. I apply it using my RT buffing brush and stipple and buff it on to my skin. I get the most coverage that way and it never looks cakey. I wear this on top of my BE primer and it makes my skin look so smooth. Doesn't settle into lines or pores, in fact it actually makes my pores look smaller! I couldn't believe it. I was about to give up on all mineral and powder foundations but this one is the BEST. I love it!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Great product. I have this is Inquisitive Mau. It's a very fair warm colored foundation. This is the only powder I've ever liked and not thrown away after week or two. I've had this for about four months and use it about everyday.

It's not heavy enough for me to wear just alone but it's great as a setting powder and I actually wear it to the gym so I don't look like I'm covered in baby oil. It's a good thing.

I have never seen a line of cosmetics with so many shade options! They have thought about every possible skintone. Well done them!

if you have hard to match skin, give them a look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is the cat's meow!

See what I did there? :)

Anyway, I highly recommend this product because it is both an excellent product AND an excellent value for the price.

There is not much that I could say here about the product itself that hasn't already been said, but I will add that I used to be a die-hard liquid foundation user because I thought that only liquid foundation could conceal all of my skin "issues."

What I didn't realize was that the liquid makeup often made my skin condition worse in the summer heat and whatever coverage benefit that was gained was lost due to poor color matching. I was having a tremendous heap of problems finding a shade match in both drugstore and high-end brands because most pale shades are too pink for me. When I finally found a liquid shade match (NARS Siberia), the product just slid around on my face and looked terrible. I was really saddened to think that I would have to spend about 45 bucks every couple of months for what was, essentially, a foundation that didn't even work for me.

After some asking around on MUA about pale foundations, I decided to give Meow a try. Meow really changed my opinion about what mineral foundation can do. Also, the value is just unbeatable. I was able use the large size to make my own portable compact to take to work AND I'm still barely halfway through the big container I purchased in July (and it's nearly December now).

I *almost* gave up on Meow because there were TOO many shade options to try and three different formulations of each with their own color payoff properties. Even though this one is the lightest coverage (I think!), it actually had the best coverage for me because it was the "blendiest" of the bunch.

The only downside was that I had spent maybe $30 or so JUST on samples alone at first. I also had to try two rounds of samples because the first round was TOO pale for me -- that is a FIRST EVER and it was almost a welcome problem. The whole process of finding the right shade took between 3-4 weeks because the shipping is rather sluggish.

But, if this happens to you, don't fret! I'm SO glad I stuck with it. Now that I know my shade, I will just re-order at my leisure because the sizes are so generous there's no way I could suddenly run out of foundation. I don't even regret that initial investment into samples because I normally would have repurchased foundation at least three times between July and now and I'm not even done with the first container.

HG! =^..^=

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really love this foundation. I'm NC20 and my Meow shade is Frisky Chartreux, which is the 3rd lightest shade in the yellow/peach undertone family. It's very lightweight and only contains 3 ingredients, which is something I love. The finish is matte, with light, slightly-buildable coverage. My skin is dry, so I use a good moisturizer underneath (and concealer if necessary) and then use a finishing spray like MAC Fix+ to take away the powdery look. It wears evenly on me and doesn't melt in heat or humidity. If I am going on a beach vacation, this is what I always bring.

One of the things I love is that Meow has so many shades and they offer $1 samples. I really think anyone, of any skintone, could find match. I really have nothing bad to say. I've been buying Meow for years and will continue to repurchase!

I really like this product. I hold out from saying HG, but I definitely seem to be coming back to this one. This formula is light to medium coverage for me and I think it looks very natural and still matte, not shiny like I get with BE.

The color selection at first is a little daunting, but it is well-organized and I ordered samples in many different formulas and shades to see which suited me the best. I really appreciate being able to do samples first. I ended up being Korat, which surprised me. I have typical fair coloring and look great in cool colors, but my undertones are NOT pink as everyone in creation seems to think they should be. I thought I would be neutral - like a Siamese, but Mau was pretty good, and Korat seemed to be perfect. (Not every cool-colored girl has cool undertones!!)

I am impressed with this foundation and really like how it looks and wears throughout the day. It does not cake at all on me.

My one drawback with this foundation is its powdery/messiness. I think that is a bit par for the course with loose powders - but this one puffs off a lot of fine powder when I apply it to my face. It is very fine, which probably helps with the great naturalness of the look, but there is quite a bit of powder puffing off when I am putting it on. Somewhat worth dealing with though to get such a nice look!

Doesn't bother my skin at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I usually use Meow's heavy coverage Flawless Feline foundation, but with my skin clearing up and the weather turning warmer I decided to give Purrfect Puss a try for something lighter. YIKES, I don't know what my skin didn't like, but not only did this make my skin itch, but it also broke me out in small hives. I never had this reaction with FF or Pampered Puss, so I can't be allergic, and I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine. This might be so light/fine that it's going into my pores and aggravating them...weird. I'll stick with FF and Pampered Puss. As for the coverage itself, it's so light that I think that it's best for those with good skin that just want to even things out.

The good reviews here led me to the "meow" site, and after first ordering samples of the foundation powders to get the right color, ordered the very generous sized (30 gm)large jars in 2 shades: 2- Frisky Chartreux and 3-Naughty Chartreux, trying both the "Pampered" and "Purrfect" puss types. ( One is a wee bit light, the other more my summer skin).

Ordered sample of one of the yellow (angora) shade - have considered getting a small jar to use as corrector and brightener. Their divisions make sense, once you look at them.

Definitely do the samples first to get your color(s) right. I would definitely buy again, but it will probably take a long time to use these up.
Packaging is the usual - perfectly OK, still awaiting some great innovation to carry loose mineral powders!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is, by far, the best mineral foundation I've tried - and I've tried several! It has incredibly natural, beautiful coverage - you can definitely build it up to conceal, but you can also apply lightly all over. And there are huge variety of shades, with super cheap samples so you can find your perfect shade.

It's absolutely perfect, either on it's own or to set another foundation. I love it and will never use another mineral foundation!