Meow Cosmetics Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/29/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is the cat's meow!

See what I did there? :)

Anyway, I highly recommend this product because it is both an excellent product AND an excellent value for the price.

There is not much that I could say here about the product itself that hasn't already been said, but I will add that I used to be a die-hard liquid foundation user because I thought that only liquid foundation could conceal all of my skin "issues."

What I didn't realize was that the liquid makeup often made my skin condition worse in the summer heat and whatever coverage benefit that was gained was lost due to poor color matching. I was having a tremendous heap of problems finding a shade match in both drugstore and high-end brands because most pale shades are too pink for me. When I finally found a liquid shade match (NARS Siberia), the product just slid around on my face and looked terrible. I was really saddened to think that I would have to spend about 45 bucks every couple of months for what was, essentially, a foundation that didn't even work for me.

After some asking around on MUA about pale foundations, I decided to give Meow a try. Meow really changed my opinion about what mineral foundation can do. Also, the value is just unbeatable. I was able use the large size to make my own portable compact to take to work AND I'm still barely halfway through the big container I purchased in July (and it's nearly December now).

I *almost* gave up on Meow because there were TOO many shade options to try and three different formulations of each with their own color payoff properties. Even though this one is the lightest coverage (I think!), it actually had the best coverage for me because it was the "blendiest" of the bunch.

The only downside was that I had spent maybe $30 or so JUST on samples alone at first. I also had to try two rounds of samples because the first round was TOO pale for me -- that is a FIRST EVER and it was almost a welcome problem. The whole process of finding the right shade took between 3-4 weeks because the shipping is rather sluggish.

But, if this happens to you, don't fret! I'm SO glad I stuck with it. Now that I know my shade, I will just re-order at my leisure because the sizes are so generous there's no way I could suddenly run out of foundation. I don't even regret that initial investment into samples because I normally would have repurchased foundation at least three times between July and now and I'm not even done with the first container.

HG! =^..^=

on 9/26/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really love this foundation. I'm NC20 and my Meow shade is Frisky Chartreux, which is the 3rd lightest shade in the yellow/peach undertone family. It's very lightweight and only contains 3 ingredients, which is something I love. The finish is matte, with light, slightly-buildable coverage. My skin is dry, so I use a good moisturizer underneath (and concealer if necessary) and then use a finishing spray like MAC Fix+ to take away the powdery look. It wears evenly on me and doesn't melt in heat or humidity. If I am going on a beach vacation, this is what I always bring.

One of the things I love is that Meow has so many shades and they offer $1 samples. I really think anyone, of any skintone, could find match. I really have nothing bad to say. I've been buying Meow for years and will continue to repurchase!

on 8/11/2012 9:27:00 PM

I really like this product. I hold out from saying HG, but I definitely seem to be coming back to this one. This formula is light to medium coverage for me and I think it looks very natural and still matte, not shiny like I get with BE.

The color selection at first is a little daunting, but it is well-organized and I ordered samples in many different formulas and shades to see which suited me the best. I really appreciate being able to do samples first. I ended up being Korat, which surprised me. I have typical fair coloring and look great in cool colors, but my undertones are NOT pink as everyone in creation seems to think they should be. I thought I would be neutral - like a Siamese, but Mau was pretty good, and Korat seemed to be perfect. (Not every cool-colored girl has cool undertones!!)

I am impressed with this foundation and really like how it looks and wears throughout the day. It does not cake at all on me.

My one drawback with this foundation is its powdery/messiness. I think that is a bit par for the course with loose powders - but this one puffs off a lot of fine powder when I apply it to my face. It is very fine, which probably helps with the great naturalness of the look, but there is quite a bit of powder puffing off when I am putting it on. Somewhat worth dealing with though to get such a nice look!

Doesn't bother my skin at all.

on 4/19/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I usually use Meow's heavy coverage Flawless Feline foundation, but with my skin clearing up and the weather turning warmer I decided to give Purrfect Puss a try for something lighter. YIKES, I don't know what my skin didn't like, but not only did this make my skin itch, but it also broke me out in small hives. I never had this reaction with FF or Pampered Puss, so I can't be allergic, and I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine. This might be so light/fine that it's going into my pores and aggravating them...weird. I'll stick with FF and Pampered Puss. As for the coverage itself, it's so light that I think that it's best for those with good skin that just want to even things out.

on 10/14/2011 10:22:00 AM

The good reviews here led me to the "meow" site, and after first ordering samples of the foundation powders to get the right color, ordered the very generous sized (30 gm)large jars in 2 shades: 2- Frisky Chartreux and 3-Naughty Chartreux, trying both the "Pampered" and "Purrfect" puss types. ( One is a wee bit light, the other more my summer skin).

Ordered sample of one of the yellow (angora) shade - have considered getting a small jar to use as corrector and brightener. Their divisions make sense, once you look at them.

Definitely do the samples first to get your color(s) right. I would definitely buy again, but it will probably take a long time to use these up.
Packaging is the usual - perfectly OK, still awaiting some great innovation to carry loose mineral powders!

on 9/5/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is, by far, the best mineral foundation I've tried - and I've tried several! It has incredibly natural, beautiful coverage - you can definitely build it up to conceal, but you can also apply lightly all over. And there are huge variety of shades, with super cheap samples so you can find your perfect shade.

It's absolutely perfect, either on it's own or to set another foundation. I love it and will never use another mineral foundation!

on 8/23/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Absolutely flawless product:

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
Doesn't break me out (that's a first)
Few ingredients
Extremely natural looking
Buildable coverage
Matte and silky finish
Lots and lots of shades
Avaliable in two different sizes
Very affordable

on 5/2/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Edit: 12/6 -- I no longer use mineral-based products. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that this does nothing more than create dryness which in turns leads to clogging. It's a beautiful option for those with oilier skins but you really should watch for irritation/clogging.

Edit: I have to bump this up to HG status. Nope, it's not perfect but it's the best thing out there, IMHO, for acne-prone skin. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well this photographed. I wore this to my sister's wedding and it held up all day and looked great in pictures.

Attention all my fellow women of color! This is the foundation for you!

I have tried endless different brands in the hunt for a foundation that a) would match my odd DDD/slightly red/slightly yellow skin and b) didn't agrravate my extremely clog prone and sensitive skin. This is it!

If you can't find your perfect match in Meow, then just give up. I purchased Indepdent Sphynx and it is spot on. For reference, my closest match (though actually pretty off) was Iman's Stick Foundation in Earth 7 ... too drying. Acnegenic indredients and comes off on everything! MAC's NW50 and 55 both looked muddy on me and yes, broke me out. I tried Clinique, Sephora, Make Up For Ever, Colorstay, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder and NOTHING worked like this.

If you're having a good skin day, use just a bit. Need more coverage? Dust on a little more and no, you won't look cakey! Be sure that your skin is properly moisturized. If it's not, this will look ashy.

The pacakging is awesome and you get way more in a container than any of the other companies. I don't know when I'll finish my current supply and I've had it for several months.

I dust this on in the morning with a little of the Meow Silk Powder and I am set for the day! Plus, I can kiss my honey and not get makeup all over him. Bonus!

Give the blushes a try too ... They've got all kinds of really nice colors for our skin.

I've said good bye to all the other commercial products and hope this company keeps it going.

The only con is that the shipping can be a bit slow but it's worth the wait!

on 11/16/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This has been my HG foundation for over 3 years. It's never given me a rash, it looks great, and it doubles as a concealer. I love that the shade is just a tad yellow (I got it in Frisky Angora)--it's very flattering. Nearly undetectable even in strong sunlight.

Bonus: because it's mostly titanium dioxide, it works well as a lightweight sunblock.

I've tried several other mineral makeup brands (including Bare Escentuals) and this one's by far the best. I hope they never change their formula!

on 10/11/2010 12:03:00 AM

I love this foundation so much! Since I started using mineral foundation, my skin has been much less broken-out and red (even though I used a blemish-healing foundation). This stuff is wonderful.

I tried all three formulas and I found this one to be the best for my skin. My face is healing from lots of adult acne, and I still have scars on my forehead from when I was a teenager (they're not discolored, but they are bumpy). Flawless Feline was too opaque for my skin, and Pampered Puss was good but gave me a little more coverage than I was looking for at first. Purrfect Puss gives me just enough coverage to even out my skintone and make me look less red and oily without making it look like I'm wearing lots of makeup. I've also found the coverage to be very buildable; I haven't had any problems with adding a bit of coverage where I need it (under my eyes and on my left cheek, for example). I always give the first application a few minutes to soak in before I decide whether or not I need more.

Oh, and the color selection! On the advice of Jen from the forum, I tried three different breeds (sphynx, siamese, and mau) in two different depths (sleek and frisky) and discovered that I'm a sleek sphynx. It seemed silly at first to be trying foundation from all of those little baggies, but it was worth it. 1/4 teaspoon of foundation actually goes a long way. I don't have to favor either my skin tone or my paleness. Gone are the days of looking too yellow or too pink because that was the only foundation that was pale enough for me without turning me into a ghost.

Overall, I'm super impressed. I've known of mineral foundation for a really long time but I was hesitant to try it because of my oily, acne-ridden skin. But this looks so much better than liquid foundation!