October 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. I hold out from saying HG, but I definitely seem to be coming back to this one. This formula is light to medium coverage for me and I think it looks very natural and still matte, not shiny like I get with BE.

The color selection at first is a little daunting, but it is well-organized and I ordered samples in many different formulas and shades to see which suited me the best. I really appreciate being able to do samples first. I ended up being Korat, which surprised me. I have typical fair coloring and look great in cool colors, but my undertones are NOT pink as everyone in creation seems to think they should be. I thought I would be neutral - like a Siamese, but Mau was pretty good, and Korat seemed to be perfect. (Not every cool-colored girl has cool undertones!!)

I am impressed with this foundation and really like how it looks and wears throughout the day. It does not cake at all on me.

My one drawback with this foundation is its powdery/messiness. I think that is a bit par for the course with loose powders - but this one puffs off a lot of fine powder when I apply it to my face. It is very fine, which probably helps with the great naturalness of the look, but there is quite a bit of powder puffing off when I am putting it on. Somewhat worth dealing with though to get such a nice look!

Doesn't bother my skin at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I usually use Meow's heavy coverage Flawless Feline foundation, but with my skin clearing up and the weather turning warmer I decided to give Purrfect Puss a try for something lighter. YIKES, I don't know what my skin didn't like, but not only did this make my skin itch, but it also broke me out in small hives. I never had this reaction with FF or Pampered Puss, so I can't be allergic, and I haven't changed anything in my skin care routine. This might be so light/fine that it's going into my pores and aggravating them...weird. I'll stick with FF and Pampered Puss. As for the coverage itself, it's so light that I think that it's best for those with good skin that just want to even things out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good reviews here led me to the "meow" site, and after first ordering samples of the foundation powders to get the right color, ordered the very generous sized (30 gm)large jars in 2 shades: 2- Frisky Chartreux and 3-Naughty Chartreux, trying both the "Pampered" and "Purrfect" puss types. ( One is a wee bit light, the other more my summer skin).

Ordered sample of one of the yellow (angora) shade - have considered getting a small jar to use as corrector and brightener. Their divisions make sense, once you look at them.

Definitely do the samples first to get your color(s) right. I would definitely buy again, but it will probably take a long time to use these up.
Packaging is the usual - perfectly OK, still awaiting some great innovation to carry loose mineral powders!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the best mineral foundation I've tried - and I've tried several! It has incredibly natural, beautiful coverage - you can definitely build it up to conceal, but you can also apply lightly all over. And there are huge variety of shades, with super cheap samples so you can find your perfect shade.

It's absolutely perfect, either on it's own or to set another foundation. I love it and will never use another mineral foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by spiritdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Absolutely flawless product:

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
Doesn't break me out (that's a first)
Few ingredients
Extremely natural looking
Buildable coverage
Matte and silky finish
Lots and lots of shades
Avaliable in two different sizes
Very affordable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: 12/6 -- I no longer use mineral-based products. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that this does nothing more than create dryness which in turns leads to clogging. It's a beautiful option for those with oilier skins but you really should watch for irritation/clogging.

Edit: I have to bump this up to HG status. Nope, it's not perfect but it's the best thing out there, IMHO, for acne-prone skin. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well this photographed. I wore this to my sister's wedding and it held up all day and looked great in pictures.

Attention all my fellow women of color! This is the foundation for you!

I have tried endless different brands in the hunt for a foundation that a) would match my odd DDD/slightly red/slightly yellow skin and b) didn't agrravate my extremely clog prone and sensitive skin. This is it!

If you can't find your perfect match in Meow, then just give up. I purchased Indepdent Sphynx and it is spot on. For reference, my closest match (though actually pretty off) was Iman's Stick Foundation in Earth 7 ... too drying. Acnegenic indredients and comes off on everything! MAC's NW50 and 55 both looked muddy on me and yes, broke me out. I tried Clinique, Sephora, Make Up For Ever, Colorstay, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder and NOTHING worked like this.

If you're having a good skin day, use just a bit. Need more coverage? Dust on a little more and no, you won't look cakey! Be sure that your skin is properly moisturized. If it's not, this will look ashy.

The pacakging is awesome and you get way more in a container than any of the other companies. I don't know when I'll finish my current supply and I've had it for several months.

I dust this on in the morning with a little of the Meow Silk Powder and I am set for the day! Plus, I can kiss my honey and not get makeup all over him. Bonus!

Give the blushes a try too ... They've got all kinds of really nice colors for our skin.

I've said good bye to all the other commercial products and hope this company keeps it going.

The only con is that the shipping can be a bit slow but it's worth the wait!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by baskinrobbins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation for over 3 years. It's never given me a rash, it looks great, and it doubles as a concealer. I love that the shade is just a tad yellow (I got it in Frisky Angora)--it's very flattering. Nearly undetectable even in strong sunlight.

Bonus: because it's mostly titanium dioxide, it works well as a lightweight sunblock.

I've tried several other mineral makeup brands (including Bare Escentuals) and this one's by far the best. I hope they never change their formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation so much! Since I started using mineral foundation, my skin has been much less broken-out and red (even though I used a blemish-healing foundation). This stuff is wonderful.

I tried all three formulas and I found this one to be the best for my skin. My face is healing from lots of adult acne, and I still have scars on my forehead from when I was a teenager (they're not discolored, but they are bumpy). Flawless Feline was too opaque for my skin, and Pampered Puss was good but gave me a little more coverage than I was looking for at first. Purrfect Puss gives me just enough coverage to even out my skintone and make me look less red and oily without making it look like I'm wearing lots of makeup. I've also found the coverage to be very buildable; I haven't had any problems with adding a bit of coverage where I need it (under my eyes and on my left cheek, for example). I always give the first application a few minutes to soak in before I decide whether or not I need more.

Oh, and the color selection! On the advice of Jen from the forum, I tried three different breeds (sphynx, siamese, and mau) in two different depths (sleek and frisky) and discovered that I'm a sleek sphynx. It seemed silly at first to be trying foundation from all of those little baggies, but it was worth it. 1/4 teaspoon of foundation actually goes a long way. I don't have to favor either my skin tone or my paleness. Gone are the days of looking too yellow or too pink because that was the only foundation that was pale enough for me without turning me into a ghost.

Overall, I'm super impressed. I've known of mineral foundation for a really long time but I was hesitant to try it because of my oily, acne-ridden skin. But this looks so much better than liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have found my foundation! I am a little hard to match because I don't fall into the "normal" Cool/warm/neutral breakdown. If you're skin defies definition, Meow is the one for you! They have nearly a DOZEN color bases, and six or seven shades for each one. I am a "Frisky Chartreaux". The foundation has...four?...ingredients. Coverage is a bit sheer, but it builds nicely and blends well. The price is very reasonable (IMO) and you get quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never found a foundation that matched me perfectly until I came across Meow Cosmetics! I'm african-american and the color selection is either or and never in between. lol I ordered samples as well and found he PURRfect match! I'm sold for life.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No