August 2, 2014 | 1094 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Purrrfect Puss Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good reviews here led me to the "meow" site, and after first ordering samples of the foundation powders to get the right color, ordered the very generous sized (30 gm)large jars in 2 shades: 2- Frisky Chartreux and 3-Naughty Chartreux, trying both the "Pampered" and "Purrfect" puss types. ( One is a wee bit light, the other more my summer skin).

Ordered sample of one of the yellow (angora) shade - have considered getting a small jar to use as corrector and brightener. Their divisions make sense, once you look at them.

Definitely do the samples first to get your color(s) right. I would definitely buy again, but it will probably take a long time to use these up.
Packaging is the usual - perfectly OK, still awaiting some great innovation to carry loose mineral powders!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by emisara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, the best mineral foundation I've tried - and I've tried several! It has incredibly natural, beautiful coverage - you can definitely build it up to conceal, but you can also apply lightly all over. And there are huge variety of shades, with super cheap samples so you can find your perfect shade.

It's absolutely perfect, either on it's own or to set another foundation. I love it and will never use another mineral foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by spiritdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Absolutely flawless product:

Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin
Doesn't break me out (that's a first)
Few ingredients
Extremely natural looking
Buildable coverage
Matte and silky finish
Lots and lots of shades
Avaliable in two different sizes
Very affordable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by happynappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Edit: 12/6 -- I no longer use mineral-based products. As I've gotten older, I've noticed that this does nothing more than create dryness which in turns leads to clogging. It's a beautiful option for those with oilier skins but you really should watch for irritation/clogging.

Edit: I have to bump this up to HG status. Nope, it's not perfect but it's the best thing out there, IMHO, for acne-prone skin. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well this photographed. I wore this to my sister's wedding and it held up all day and looked great in pictures.

Attention all my fellow women of color! This is the foundation for you!

I have tried endless different brands in the hunt for a foundation that a) would match my odd DDD/slightly red/slightly yellow skin and b) didn't agrravate my extremely clog prone and sensitive skin. This is it!

If you can't find your perfect match in Meow, then just give up. I purchased Indepdent Sphynx and it is spot on. For reference, my closest match (though actually pretty off) was Iman's Stick Foundation in Earth 7 ... too drying. Acnegenic indredients and comes off on everything! MAC's NW50 and 55 both looked muddy on me and yes, broke me out. I tried Clinique, Sephora, Make Up For Ever, Colorstay, Mary Kay, Estee Lauder and NOTHING worked like this.

If you're having a good skin day, use just a bit. Need more coverage? Dust on a little more and no, you won't look cakey! Be sure that your skin is properly moisturized. If it's not, this will look ashy.

The pacakging is awesome and you get way more in a container than any of the other companies. I don't know when I'll finish my current supply and I've had it for several months.

I dust this on in the morning with a little of the Meow Silk Powder and I am set for the day! Plus, I can kiss my honey and not get makeup all over him. Bonus!

Give the blushes a try too ... They've got all kinds of really nice colors for our skin.

I've said good bye to all the other commercial products and hope this company keeps it going.

The only con is that the shipping can be a bit slow but it's worth the wait!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by baskinrobbins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation for over 3 years. It's never given me a rash, it looks great, and it doubles as a concealer. I love that the shade is just a tad yellow (I got it in Frisky Angora)--it's very flattering. Nearly undetectable even in strong sunlight.

Bonus: because it's mostly titanium dioxide, it works well as a lightweight sunblock.

I've tried several other mineral makeup brands (including Bare Escentuals) and this one's by far the best. I hope they never change their formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by thecaitycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation so much! Since I started using mineral foundation, my skin has been much less broken-out and red (even though I used a blemish-healing foundation). This stuff is wonderful.

I tried all three formulas and I found this one to be the best for my skin. My face is healing from lots of adult acne, and I still have scars on my forehead from when I was a teenager (they're not discolored, but they are bumpy). Flawless Feline was too opaque for my skin, and Pampered Puss was good but gave me a little more coverage than I was looking for at first. Purrfect Puss gives me just enough coverage to even out my skintone and make me look less red and oily without making it look like I'm wearing lots of makeup. I've also found the coverage to be very buildable; I haven't had any problems with adding a bit of coverage where I need it (under my eyes and on my left cheek, for example). I always give the first application a few minutes to soak in before I decide whether or not I need more.

Oh, and the color selection! On the advice of Jen from the forum, I tried three different breeds (sphynx, siamese, and mau) in two different depths (sleek and frisky) and discovered that I'm a sleek sphynx. It seemed silly at first to be trying foundation from all of those little baggies, but it was worth it. 1/4 teaspoon of foundation actually goes a long way. I don't have to favor either my skin tone or my paleness. Gone are the days of looking too yellow or too pink because that was the only foundation that was pale enough for me without turning me into a ghost.

Overall, I'm super impressed. I've known of mineral foundation for a really long time but I was hesitant to try it because of my oily, acne-ridden skin. But this looks so much better than liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MbMinx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have found my foundation! I am a little hard to match because I don't fall into the "normal" Cool/warm/neutral breakdown. If you're skin defies definition, Meow is the one for you! They have nearly a DOZEN color bases, and six or seven shades for each one. I am a "Frisky Chartreaux". The foundation has...four?...ingredients. Coverage is a bit sheer, but it builds nicely and blends well. The price is very reasonable (IMO) and you get quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LadyLibra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never found a foundation that matched me perfectly until I came across Meow Cosmetics! I'm african-american and the color selection is either or and never in between. lol I ordered samples as well and found he PURRfect match! I'm sold for life.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, I've found my foundation nirvana and I am one happy kitty! I've come close with other brands but Meow is the perfect color match and matte to boot. My skin is fair, cool and oily but I don't need tons of coverage, so the Purrr-fect Puss (light to medium coverage) really is perfect for me. Frisky (2-light) Himalayan is my color. I got several color samples from the Meow website and tested Frisky Himalayan (warm pink) and Frisky Chausie (cool pink, too gray on me) for several days, it didn't take long and I was sold on the Himalayan. The foundation jar is huge so it's really an incredible buy. I went back to the site today to purchase the matching concealer in the same shade (a very high coverage formula) for those occasional pesky red rosacea spots. The web site is very helpful with color descriptions, shades and three coverage levels in every shade. I'll be repurchasing this one for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just got started with my first batch of Meow Cosmetics purchases after ordering a few samples. Wore the foundation all day today (Frisky Chartreux) and was REALLY IMPRESSED. Really good coverage even though it was translucent. Brilliant oil absorption. I thought I was a BE fan but this holds much tighter and stays more matte, even through light sweating. My makeup has never looked better.

The packaging is good (I bought the munchkin, which should last me a good long time); it has a nice wide setting so you can not just fit your brush inside but you can move it around without spilling anything.

I also bought a blush in Delusions, which is ALSO REALLY IMPRESSIVE. Wore all day in a nice sheer matte finish, blended beautifully, and flattered my skin tone.

Hello Meow Cosmetics. I AM A FAN. Also, I should add that with every order they toss in a couple of free samples of eye shadow or blush... Isn't that nice of them?