January 24, 2015 | 1899 users online

Deodorants - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Aloe Vera Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! I had tried a couple of aluminum-free deodorants before but they were plain crap. This one does the job! It's very gentle on armpits (no stinging even after shaving/waxing!), provides a little hydration (personally I find that spray deos are much harsher and drying) and manages to keep away bad smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this deodorant! I like the way it feels going on, I like how it masks any stinkiness I'm having, and I like the aloe vera scent (it really does smell like fresh cut aloe!). I especially like that it didn't cause gross side effects like Tom's of Maine did- namely, amplifying my stinky pits and make me sweat more. I've been using this for a year until it ran out- I was literally using my fingers to get every last goodness. When I went to purchase more, the price put me off - I didn't remember paying $10 +tax at CVS last year! So I'm on the hunt for a less expensive natural alternative, but if this is ever on sale, or in a week or two I can't find something else, I'm totally buying this one again!

UPDATE: May 5, 2011. I'm a dork and will sing this~

Never, never, never going to give you up~ I'm never, ever, ever going to stop~ Not the way I feel about you, deordorant I just can't live without you~~!

Really, I finally gave in and bought this deodorant after spending like $50 trying other ones. I was so afraid that it wouldn't work again, but JEEZ I should have just bought it. I've been using this for the last 3 months and it's the ONLY, I repeat ONLY deordorant that works for me. I've tried so many, you can look at my reviews to see, and this is the only one that lasts, smells decent, and WORKS. I will admit that it can be irritating if I use immediately after waxing, but at least for me it doesn't last long and it's still effective. It doesn't leave any white residue and keeps up with my super active lifestyle (dance teacher/performer). Also, it's only $7 at Whole Foods, whew. A few other deos have stopped working after a few weeks, but 3 months later this is still working great. Seriously I love this deordorant...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by fivestar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After years of using Secret (unscented, any type) I had an allergic reaction.
I tried Jason, the Aloe Vera was the only choice, and it was worked great.
I have since bought 2 more and will be sticking with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

This works for me but I am not the kind of person to wear deodorant everyday because I don't feel that I need it. However, I wear it once in a while and I like to use a natural deodorant like this one. It has a nice fresh smell and just does it's job. The texture is a bit more sticky than your average commercial antiperspirant but it's ok for me. Sometimes during the winter, I use it everyday because you have to walk in your winter clothes and thats when I find I need it the most. Yup, I feel like a lady saying this. To me this is pretty expensive since it is twice the price of your average Lady speedstick for example, but I find it worth it. I think antiperspirant was one of the first product that had people concerned because of the potentially harmful ingredients it contained. Anyway, I like this and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by cynthiamd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I break out in a very painful peeling rash with standard deodorants (even the cotton one) so I made a switch to JASON natural deodorants.
Yes they work, they do not keep you dry but they keep you from smelling like BO. You do have to reapply more frequently than standard deodorants but this does work quite well.
It has little to no smell and you have to b careful not to put too much on but I will continue to buy this.
I find the longer I use it, the less my sweat smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Sushi3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Loved it at first but I got horrible rashes under my arms from it after a while. I was hoping this was gentle enough for my super sensitive skin, but unfortunately it wasn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by nuts55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have spent ages trying to find a natural aluminium deo that really works and this really does seem to be it. It seems to have a cumulative effect working better over time. I will def keep on using this product, it was worth the trial and error.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been trying several deodorants in an effort to move away from antiperspirants. Sweating is a natural function of our bodies and antiperspirants seem to contain loads of nasty chemicals. I'm not a heavy sweater (unless working out) so I really look for products that help get rid of odor. Some people are grossed out by a little wetness but it doesn't really bother me. I do find that I need to apply more product (as oppose to my antiperspirants where I could literally apply 2 swipes). This deodorant stick has a real herbal smell to it, its ok, I don't love it, its just ok. It contains cornstarch which helps absorb moisture. I actually apply Lush's Silky Underwear dusting powder, with a powder puff over the deodorant. It helps keep me dry and also I love the way it smells. If I am having a very active day, I will reapply the deodorant after about 8 hours. If I am going to be working out, hiking, playing tennis etc then I will apply right before. The only time I notice a faint BO smell is after strenuous physical activity. I do think your body adjusts over time to not using antiperspirants. When I first switched, by midday I had some underarm dampness, and now 2 months later that doesn't happen unless I've been quite active. I also like to alternate my natural deodorant's for variety of aroma and I just find them more effective that way. I feel better about using less toxic products on my body, I also no longer have white marks on dark clothing, or those yellowish stains on white tshirts! If you are considering ditching your antiperspirant, keep in mind there is some trial and error in finding the right one deodorant for you.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No