October 20, 2014 | 893 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Five Piece Mineral Set (4 brushes, 1 case)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all, I love the fact that these use recycled aluminium and bamboo. And the bristles are so soft and not one of the 15 or so that I own have shed! Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a use for every brush in this set.

The powder brush I find is good for blush, because it's not completely round. It has somewhat of a 'flattened' shape that lets me contour a little bit too.

The mini kabuki brush is just that - I haven't been able to find a use for it yet because it is so mini.

The eyeshadow brush is too big for my monolids. The product would just get everywhere, but I actually find this perfect for powdering my lips whenever I want to mattify a creme look (which is quite often now).

As for the concealer brush, I find the one that comes with the 6 pc brush set is better but this one is also good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

1. The supposedly "blush" brush is way too big for blush - it's just a tad smaller than the RT blush brush, which as we all know is massive, and it's about twice the size of the blush brushes I'd usually use. I'd say it's more of a powder brush and in fact this is the brush I carry with me to touch up on my powder, and I think it works very well for that.
2. The baby kabuki brush is too fluffy to buff in foundations properly. I used it both for mineral powder foundations and for liquid foundations, and while you can make do with it if you have to, it ideally should be denser and firmer. It is just too flimsy. (A great alternative is the Everyday Minerals baby flat top brush, which is fab for buffing anything in!)
3. The concealer brush is fine, just a regular old concealer brush, nothing to write home about.
4. The blending eyeshadow brush is a bit too big for my hooded eyes with not so much lid space, so I can't use it but it would probably be better for other people. It's also ok for buffing in concealer under the eyes, which is what I ended up using it for, but it's a bit too fluffy for that purpose.
IN CONCLUSION, the bristles are soft and don't shed and this kit may come in handy when travelling, but I feel like the design is not ideal for what these brushes are meant to be used for.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by southberry31

I love ecotools brushes and this is no exception. Each of the brushes are soft and each have multiple uses. For example, You can use the powder brush to apply powder, blush and if you have to bronzer. You can use the "shading brush" to blend in concealer or eyeshadow. Same thing goes for the concealer brush, can use it for eyeshadow or concealer. Then there's the baby kabuki brush. It is suitable for powder or blush. I gave the package quality 4 stars because of the little eco friendly pouch. It is not large enough to fit the brushes standing up, therefore you have to place them slanted to fit. Other then that, I have no complaints.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by HoneyP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Natural stuff...very good and inexpensive brushes

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by beaut1nerdd

I bought this set at Ulta about 3 weeks ago. I Highly recommend this. I have been using this set everyday since my purchase. I mostly use the concealer brush and eye shading brush. I use the other brushes too, but not on a daily basis. The set comes with a Mineral powder brush, a baby kabuki brush, a concealer brush, and an eye shading brush. I use the Loreal true match foundation. I do not use it all over, therefore I just apply it to my need areas (chin and cheeks). Because the bottle does not come with a pump I apply it to my fingers then apply the foundation on my cheeks. Just a dab. I "semi-blend" using the concealer brush. After that I completely blend with the shading brush. I apply my Maybelline stay matte powder with the powder brush and apply a blush with the kabuki brush. I love how the bristles are so soft. They are a breeze to wash. I would repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I cannot say enough good things about this very cheap set of brushes. Glides on smoothly, I can barely feel the pressure of the bristles, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, easy maintenance. Will definitely repurchase like 5 more packs in case someone's birthdays are coming up :)

The cheap ones that I bought from ebay was apparently original :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i love these brushes. They're all so soft and gentle on the skin. The blending brush does an AMAZING job at blending shadows!! I use the powder brush for my mineral foundation, and i use the baby kabuki for blush. The concealer brush is very flat and smooth and doesn't shed, so it really is perfect for depositing concealer onto the skin. I payed around $6 for these brushes, which is extremely cheap considering most brushes here in Australia are usually $10 or more for one brush. Definitely try these out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

Great buy! I actually purchased this on eBay for under $5!! At drugstores and etc its about $8-10! Recently bought these for my trip, and they are perfect travel sizes!! Great travel brushes :D! I have been using them daily too for powder and washing them! There is absolutely no shedding, I hope it remains that way... I highly recommend these :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

Great brushes, I use them every day. I particulary love the kabuki brush, it just blends beautifly my makeup, and the Concealer brush. It's not super precise because of the size, I find, but it works good to cover the area where I have acne scars. I carry the Mineral Powder brush on my bag in case I need touchups and the shading brush to apply a little bit of eye shadow quickly.They are very good quality brushes in my opinion, but I have only own a few Mac, Body Shop and Real Techniques brushes, so I can't compare them to many other brands. I love the price and I love that they are ecological. I would really recommend them to anyone, specially if you don't want to spend a lot of money on brushes or are interested in eco products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There isn't too much more that I can say that has not already been said about these brushes. I use all of the brushes daily and wash them 1 X week. I have had them for about 2 years and they are holding up wonderfully and not one of the brushes has shed a single hair. Overall, these are great for the price.