January 27, 2015 | 1706 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an interesting primer. I like using this alone to balance oil or under makeup to help with foundation application. I don't feel like this helps my makeup longer but where I notice the biggest difference is that I don't need to touch up as often and my skin isn't oily.

I do have to shake the bottle before each use or the primer is very runny.

I like to apply this primer all over my face first then use Benefit's PoreFessional on my cheeks where my pores look bigger. This combo seems to work really well. If I use just the PoreFessional, I feel way more oily mid day than when I use both together.

The texture of the primer is somewhat oily-ish feeling but a little goes a long way. It does have a faint scent but it's not bad and dissipates quickly. I am very fair skinned but I could see this product leave a white cast on someone with darker skin potentially.

Pros:
Smoother foundation and concealer application
Less oil
Face feels very smooth
The pump container is great

Cons:
Runny if not shaken
Over priced

Current Makeup Skincare Prep Routine:

CeraVe Eye cream
Josie Maran Milk
Josie Maran Light Argan Oil
Hourglass Primer
Benefit PoreFessional

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

To be honest I hardly saw a difference with this primer, it was nice to apply but didn't really do anything for my complexion once foundation was on. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by caitvu99

I honestly love this primer so much! I love wearing dewy foundations but I have pretty oily skin so it is quite difficult. But with this primer, I can wear them! This controls my oils and does a pretty good job on making my makeup last. I have school for 8 hours and I no longer have to touch up my foundation due to this primer. Only thing I hate is the price, but you get what you paid for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is absofreakinglutey the best i have ever used, i got this as a delux sample from sephora and have been using it only when i go out on special occasions and even though the price is horrible i will totally buy this product once my sample runs out. It only takes a couple of dots to cover my whole face and im left poreless and my skin looks amazing. It definitely makes my makeup last all night through sweat and tears lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got a foil sample of this with a Sephora order. It lasted me two days. While it left a white cast on my olive-yellow-toned medium/dark brown skin, I could make the cast go away by making sure to rub it in well. It seemed to work just as well as the smashbox photo finish primer at filling in pores and lines and making makeup last longer, but with the added benefit of not breaking me out-- especially miraculous considering that I accidentally fell asleep with my make-up on both nights in a row! The smashbox primer, on the other hand, if left on overnight, inevitably causes a pimple or two.

That being said, I don't know if I'm prepared to pay $18 for 1/3 oz. of product. Maybe sometime in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by luckyerialc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a small version of this product. While the formula feels nice initially, my skin broke out after using it a few times. I don't usually breakout either so I knew it was this product. I also didn't see that big of an impact to my make-up when using this...definitely not worth the high price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by gardeniarose

I purchased this product around a month ago and hhave used it occasionally. First of all, the packaging is beautiful. I love the luminescent pump it has, and the glass bottle. Makes It look and feel very luxurious. Which comes to the next point: price. It's quite expensive and I think it probably is the most expensive product in all my beauty products.

The primer itself is quite amazing. I love the texture that it has when you smooth it out on the skin, it has this velvety but moisturizing feel to it. I've not had a product like this before! Just a little goes a long way with this. My foundation went on quite well and lasted long with this (although not too sure if it's because of foundation or because of primer).

Last point to make is that the solution coagulates and gets clumpy. I'm not sure why but it may be because I traveled from a rather cool weather to tropical weather area. Thankfully, the bottle can be opened, and the pump unscrewed from the bottle so I used the pump to mix the solution. Expected more for the price I paid though.

Would probably give it another chance but if the primer gets clumpy I'll probably give up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had a break from primer use and then tested this one and was instantly sold on it. The first I've tried that feels like it isn't even there, and the mineral spf is perfect for sensitive skin. Does what it's supposed to do which is to provide a nice surface for make-up to adhere to. I've been using it under both liquid and powder foundations and it makes both last longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is superb! I received a sample because I wanted to see if it would work for me. A colleague of mine use this primer. Her makeup look flawless! It goes on smoothly and it is unscented. I have normal skin. I used the primer with a liquid foundation. When I set my my power, my skin look touchable and flawless. I usually have to powder my t-zone throughout the day. Since I use this primer, only my nose was a little shiny. I used tissue to blot my nose. All day my skin looked perfect and fresh. Yes, it's pricey. But I would totally purchase because it's worth every dollar. If you don't want to spend this much. You can use Smashbox photo finish primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by amoii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ive been using this for more than 5 months and i really like it! as a reference ive got combination/oily skin. I dont suffer from acne so i cant say whether its good acne prone skin! If you use too much of this it dries out your skin so make sure you only use a little bit. I used this with a majority of my foundations such as MAC studio fix fluid, NARS sheer glow, Loreal True Match, Bobbi Brown foundation stick and ive had no problems with it. i think i can say this is good for combination/oily skin as it helps control the oil on my t-zone and stops my makeup from sliding. So far so good! This is on the pricey side ($79 AUD) but you only need to use a tiny bit everytime so its worth every penny :)