October 21, 2014 | 857 users online

Pressed Powders - Almay - TLC Truly Lasting Color Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by heenan

so far i am liking this powder...i am converting from using mineral make up for about 5 plus years cuz of break outs i attributed to diet stress and hormones because of my age i FINALLY realized it was the mineral make up !!!! duh! so ive been searching for a concealer powder duo that looks and feels as close to the natural dewy look of mineral makeup...this is the powder i am liking because it is lighweight feeling and the color is not orangy or does not oxidize thru out the day...it can look powdery if u try and gob and buff it on like i used to do with mm...i dab a little maybelline fit me comcealer 20 under my eyes and on cheeks and lightly sweep this lt/med color on...really nice smooth natgural finish...i do recomend a highlight powder or somthing as it can look matte/flat compared to mm as all powders do...ill update if i break out! i have lt/med aisan skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by chinkycin

I've used this powder for about a week now and I love it. i was previously using L'Oreal's infallible powder makeup but it doesn't last as long as this. I was actually looking for a powder foundation but i saw this on sale so i thought i'd give it a try. I apply with a brush and it lasts for a reasonable time given i have combination skin. this doesn't make my skin oily but my tzone would get a little shiny after 3-4 hours and i'm ok with that. i normally just used oil blotting paper for the shiniess. with this i only touch up about 2-3 times aday. i would definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by JustHere4TheReviews

I don't get all the hate; this product is worth so much more than its $12.79 price tag. Let's just say, after just 3 days of using this, I have thrown out my other pressed powders. Even if the price tag is raised to $20, although I hope that will never happen, I will still repurchase. That is how dependent I am on this product now. Just the thought of its discontinuation makes me feel nervous!

Yes, the finish is powdery, but this is only at first! After 30 minutes to 1 hour, your skin is going to look so naturally beautiful and it lasts all day without having to touch up, unless you have an oily nose, but even then, it doesn't look bad! Yes, the coverage is as good as a powder foundation, even when you apply with a brush instead of a puff or sponge.

I have sensitive skin, and always react badly immediately to many products, but if anything, this powder has been helping healing my skin because I'm not pestering it with any other powder. I love Almay TLC pressed powder and will always repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

This powder comes in second after Revlon colorstay. The reason why it's because I get a better color match with Revlon. I do love this powder but the packaging is a bit bulkier because I don't use the sponge ( i use a brush for tough ups)and it has a separate compartment for the sponge which does nothing in my case. I feel that Revlon colorstay have more staying power than this because it applies thinner I think.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by missesB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this in medium. Used to use the line smoothing powder but switched to this. I use Almay smart shade concealer in light/medium- dab it on blemishes, marks etc. then take a small eyeshadow brush and put this powder on top to set the concealer. Then I dust this all over my whole face and blend into my neck. It really looks like I have no make up on. And believe it or not I can also go swimming and it stays on. I really love the Almay line. I used to use the moisturizer for dry skin too but they discontinued. Hope they dont discontinue these products. Took me YEARS to find what wouldnt break me out badly.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by elastikgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this product!! I dont wear a lot of make up or i dont wear any and this powder makes it feel like i have nothing on, which i love. I dont like looking or feeling like you have a pound of make up caked on your face, and with this powder you just get a fresh pretty look, a natural one. I am sure though you could just keep putting it on until you got your desired look... AND it actually does stay on, i havent needed to reapply it like other powders i have used, which i love! I will def repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ais4alison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I moved last fall and it seems every time I go to a new climate, my face freaks out. I had to go back to basics to get my face back in line and so I wanted a super gentle and light power that wouldn't even out my skin without clogging pores and adding to the mess. I decided to give this a go, and I was happily surprised. The sponge it comes with leaves something to be desired and the package is a little awkward, but for the price I can live with it. The only con is if you have any flakes or dry skin, this will emphasize it, so I have to ensure I am always smooth and moisturized before putting this on. It actually has decent lasting power and I rarely touch up. For a light powder, does a great job of evening out skin tone and covering up pesky spots. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first Almay powder I've tried. I bought it basically because I need a pressed powder to even out redness and post-acne marks, and some reviewers said this was like a powder foundation. I need my makeup to last long, because I can't always touch up at work (my purse is locked up, and although I have the keys I don't normally take lunch breaks to touch up anyway). When I read this claims it will last 16 hours, I figured it was worth a shot. I got it at Walmart for around $10 with a $1 coupon. Not too shabby. I've been using it alone the past couple days with my new Ecotools kabuki, which, by the way, is the best thing that's ever happened to my makeup collection. It's an OK powder, pretty similar to Dream Matte, which I was using beforehand. It's not as fine, but still blends well and covers a lot. Light was a perfect color match, but if you're super pale like I am normally (I have a slight tan right now) I could imagine this being a little too dark. The finish is kind of matte, but I've been noticing that some spots will look slightly dewey/shiney (think L'Oreal Bare Natural). I don't like that at all. The only thing that really disappointed me, though, was the lack of staying power. For a pressed powder that's supposed to last 16 hours, this wasn't even close. I worked a 9 1/2 hour shift, and this powder made it about halfway before it started to fade. That's fine though, I can deal with that. It still looked acceptable after I came home, but I definitely didn't have it on 16 hours. The staying power of this is just OK. Nothing exceptional. This is a decent powder, but really, Dream Matte worked just as well for $4/$5 less.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Stephydoodles

Ugh. Talk about looking like you're wearing makeup. This made me look like I had a veil covering my face. It highlighted my pimples, and the little blonde hairs along my jawline that all women have.

I used this in combination with the TLC foundation and it was terrible. It made my acne-prone, sensitive/dry skin look flaky and unnatural. And the applicator was cheap and too easy to overapply with.

Returned to the store. Will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 4:06:00 AM More reviews by ogotham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff! After loving the Liquid TLC I wanted a powder for the summer months to throw in my bag when needed a touch up or blot powder. The puff that came in it is garbage, fyi, but that's no big deal, i apply it with the mac 134 anyways, but i love it. i use it in medium and it's a more neutral (less pink toned) than MAC's MSFN in Medium plus, with about the same amount of coverage, but doesn't break you out. The finish it a natural matte, which can be "too matte" if you have dry skin, so it's nothing that FIX+ can solve. The compact is really cute, actually, and has a mirror, which MSFN can't say;)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No