December 18, 2014 | 1664 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Bear Naked Wipes

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Nades01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am a huuuuuge Josie Maran fan but these didnt cut it one bit. Left my skin super itchy and sticky, and they're not nearly big enough to clean even half your face. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like these wipes because the packaging is so darn cute! However the wipes are paper-thin albeit a good size. The wipes also do not have much moisture in them and left most of my foundation on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Flowerval

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let mesay first, I would buy them agin, IF she adds more product to each wipe, and she makes each wipe larger.. That's at minimum. Then,she would have to show me these would do at least as great a makeup removal job as my Burts Bees(they do not at this time). Finally, she needs to repackage so it will remain sealed better than it does now.
On the positive side, my skin does feel very nice, after I finally remove as much makeup as is possible. I like that it can be used on the eyes too(If you don't have much eye makeup on). Then I appreciate that a portion of the proceeds go to hlp with saving the Polar Bear from extinsion. I have no idea howw much is donated or what percent per package. Not sure I want to pay for her charitable contributions, while she gets the tax writeoff though. I would be more apt to pay the premium for them too, if I knew what is contributed, and of course, if improvments are made.,
I believe her heart is in the right place, and I am aware that Argan Olil processed as hers is, must be expensive.BUT there isn't enough of it in these wipes to justify the price at this time., in my opinion, looking at the ingredient list.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by AmyKay00

I love any natural product I can find. I'm on a mission to find "the one" that is my favorite makeup remover wipes. Josie Maran's bare naked wipes aren't it unfortunately.

What I liked: they smelled great, liken real grapefruit. I love that proceeds go to help the polar bears, how cute! I like the pink packaging and that the formula mostly natural and chemical free, though I don't it's 100%

What I don't like: i wish the package had a snap closure, similar to bee's bees, to keep the cloths fresh. It was very hard to clean make up off, as I had to put some work into rubbing off my makeup. Sometimes it would smear my eye makeup across my lids. It doesn't take it off nicely with one swipe. The cloth also felt not as moist as other brands I've tried. Sorry JMC, but until you reformulate your wipes, in wont be buying again. Even if so, $12 is very expensive for only 25-30 wipes. Other natural brands like Yes To and Burts Bees are half the price for the same amount or more. The only time ill use them is if they come in another package kit, which is a bigger bang for your buck.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by LavenderPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price these were, I really wanted to like these wipes. Unfortunately I just had too many problems with them to ever consider repurchasing. I like the fact that part of the purchase price goes to a good cause, but that's probably the best things about these wipes... The grapefruit scent isn't overpowering (though I love grapefruit, so), and I don't find that these are particularly oily-feeling, which is also great. However, I found myself continuously breaking out when I used these wipes. I resolved not to use them all over my face and stuck to only eyes and lips... then I noticed that after I wiped, my eyes would sting, as would my lips. Perhaps I'm allergic to something in the wipes, but in the end it was just too irritating to handle. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use face wipes when i'm traveling, when i'm camping, after performances, and nights when i'm just too tired to do a proper wash. I've tried a lot of brands. But i've found just a few i rebuy.
And I LOVE these wipes. I kinda bought my first pack on a whim. I was in a sephora that was not my home shop, which does not carry this product. The packaging is a bit femmy and girly for me (icing sugar pink), but i really liked that a donation was made to Natural Resources Defense Council's Polar Bear SOS initiative to protect polar bears. The product is phthalate-free, biodegradable, cruelty free, and vegan. Plus the ingredients are mostly natural.
That, however, would not be enough if the wipes didn't work. And for me, they do. They are very gentle, yet do a great job of cleaning my face and refreshing my skin. Plus i love the way they smell - far better than any drug store brand, or even many mid-level brands. On days when i'm not wearing heavy eye makeup these work terrifically.
True, they won't get off heavy waterproof eye liner and mascara. That's what my pack of MAC wipes is for. But that product, as fab as it is, doesn't leave my face feeling fresh and clean. So i finish up with the Josie Maran wipes. Plus I like to alternate Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes with Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes on different days. What can i say, i'm a multi-wipes girl :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by beckelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. it wasn't until they were out, and i tried a replacement, that i really realized how great it was. it leaves my skin feeling clean but also tight and fresh looking. the wipes are soft and get off all my makeup and the packaging is really nice. with any of these kinds of packages there is some wearing on the sticker part but that was much better with these wipes. fully recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jacixcore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i almost never want to write a bad review for anything...but these are kind of not so great.

i wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara, and these wipes suck at taking off any of it. i have to scrub a lot, which hurts, and then it kind of just pushes the black around my eyes and face instead of wiping it clean.

i've tried nearly every makeup removing wipe known to man because i'm lazy and i'd rather do that than go over to the sink to wash my face, so i have a lot of other wipes to compare these to. and honestly, drug store wipes work better. for $12 a pack, sure, i'd love to help out polar bears -- but for that price, the product should work better. product engineering should always take precedence over charitable intentions.

for those of you that are interested: the best wipe i've found is: neutrogena hydrating makeup remover cleansing towelettes. they work like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by AnnieMay

I love these! They were always sold out at Sephora, so I was thrilled to find the last pack there a few weeks ago. My job requires me to be at events until late at night - when I'm too lazy to wash my face. I keep these by my bed and they take off everything, smell good, and don't leave my skin dry. I've used other makeup removal wipes and they have always left my skin tight and parched, but not these.

I usually rub in a few drops of Sundari essential oil after, but even if I don't I wake up to smooth, bright skin. I should stockpile these!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by DianaV454

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these wipes! They don't sting or irritate my skin like some other types that I have tried. I also like that they support a good cause. I will buy them again.

(I have combination skin - oily nose, dry cheeks/chin, no break-outs)