Josie Maran Cosmetics Bear Naked Wipes

3.7

Water/Eau (Aqua), Hexadecyl Isononanoate, Octadecyl Isononanoate, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Plant Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Oil

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've been looking for the quick cleansing wipes since four or five years. I've tried almost all wipes: Ponds, Olay, Burt's Bees, Yes to Cucumbers and Blueberries, Ole Henriksen and more. They all irritated my hypersensitive skin.

This is quite nice. Very gentle and doesn't irritate my skin. It doesn't strip or sting. I often use when I travel or after yoga classes.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I felt the impulse to write a review, to defend them. I haven't been very avid about my reviews these past few years, but these guys deserve some rep.

Because of the reviews on here, I never bothered to try these out until two months ago. I don't wear much make up. Usually, my day make up consists of the benefit porefessional, YSL Touche Eclat and some Dr. Hauschka mascara. Sometimes a touch of eyeliner. Occasionally I wear some concealer like Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid concealer, or a TM like Laura Mercier Oil Free.

My skin: prone to blemishes. I can't wear most foundations. Actually, I can't wear foundation. My skin gets clogged very easily from powders and silicones, I don't care what make up artists say, that stuff give me blackheads on my cheek. I wash my face sometimes once a day, every two days. Sometimes twice a day. Depends on my mood and the condition of my skin. What I'm trying to say is I'm more of a minimalist.

When I stumble into my room at 3am, I don't want to have to put my head over the sink, make noise and splash water all around. So I use these guys on my face as a freshening up, and/or to remove make up.

At first, I loved these for their smell, and the intense soft feeling it left on my face. Then I came to realize, whenever I would wake up with glowing (not oily ladies..) EVEN SKIN I kept thinking oh my skin looks good I must be eating pretty well - and then I came to realize I hadn't done anything - it was the wipes. I hadn't used any masks, cleansers toners, just a wipe the night before. Time and time again, whenever I just used these wipes, I found the same result.

Here's the deal. I can't imagine these being formulated for make up that's long lasting, super hard wearing or waterproof. They're part of Josie Maran's line, a line with cosmetics which are so much gentler on the skin (albeit don't last too long either from what I've experienced) but my point is that this isn't going to remove all your make up if you wear that much. But I do love that I can use these, go to sleep and not feel 'dirty'. I don't feel that I have to wash my face with water after using them.

The packaging, is kinda 'eh' so I always have to make sure I seal it tightly, but as long as I'm not paying extra for packaging I'm not going to complain. 30 wipes for something a little over $10, for the results and pleasure I get from using these bad boys is 100% fine with me. Actually I'm a pretty big advocate of using organic, biodynamic or at least more clean products on my face - just because I personally have always received better results this way.

It's possibly considered a small investment, but I got a packet for my mom and she's using them - and she's REALLY a minimalist. She pretty much only uses hand cream ha.

Pros:
-softens my skin immesnly - immediatly and long term
-cleans my mascara (dr. hauschka), concealer and tm
-no need to wash off
-smells lovely IMO
-polar bear donations!
-leaves my skin in amazing condition the next morning

Cons:
-maybe the packing could be better, I know a lot of people are bothered by it - but I like that it's not bulky, and I can carry these in my purse
-price may be an issue for some - but I like to think of it as "self-love"

So for me those 'cons' aren't really cons, in fact I'm not bothered by either packaging or price as stated earlier. But it's something to consider.

Hey, if you don't like them, you can always return them to Sephora right?

Absolutely Horrible. There is not enough moisture in these to do ANYTHING. Leaves mascara and eyeliner basically perfectly on my eyes and did not remove anything. For face products these were slightly better but you definitely cannot use these alone. After using the wipes I still had to reach for eye makeup remover AND face wash.

Serves no purpose, are not soft, will not purchase again. Save your money.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased this during the Sephora black friday 10 day wonders sale. It came with nail polish wipes and the makeup removing wipes. After using these for about a month ( I didn't use them daily) I feel my face has gotten tighter and way dryer, I am not sure if these are the reason why my skin has become so dry all of a sudden, but I am going to stop using them anyways. They don't really smell like grapefruit to me, and they smell very similar to the nail polish wipes which makes me hesitant to continue use. Overall I felt like this made my face sting at times, could have possibly been the culprit for my recent dry skin and I think its weird that I never see the makeup on the wipe. It makes me feel as if it isn't really removing anything? I would not repurchase again, even at ten dollars from black friday.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am a huuuuuge Josie Maran fan but these didnt cut it one bit. Left my skin super itchy and sticky, and they're not nearly big enough to clean even half your face. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I really wanted to like these wipes because the packaging is so darn cute! However the wipes are paper-thin albeit a good size. The wipes also do not have much moisture in them and left most of my foundation on my face.

Let mesay first, I would buy them agin, IF she adds more product to each wipe, and she makes each wipe larger.. That's at minimum. Then,she would have to show me these would do at least as great a makeup removal job as my Burts Bees(they do not at this time). Finally, she needs to repackage so it will remain sealed better than it does now.
On the positive side, my skin does feel very nice, after I finally remove as much makeup as is possible. I like that it can be used on the eyes too(If you don't have much eye makeup on). Then I appreciate that a portion of the proceeds go to hlp with saving the Polar Bear from extinsion. I have no idea howw much is donated or what percent per package. Not sure I want to pay for her charitable contributions, while she gets the tax writeoff though. I would be more apt to pay the premium for them too, if I knew what is contributed, and of course, if improvments are made.,
I believe her heart is in the right place, and I am aware that Argan Olil processed as hers is, must be expensive.BUT there isn't enough of it in these wipes to justify the price at this time., in my opinion, looking at the ingredient list.

I love any natural product I can find. I'm on a mission to find "the one" that is my favorite makeup remover wipes. Josie Maran's bare naked wipes aren't it unfortunately.

What I liked: they smelled great, liken real grapefruit. I love that proceeds go to help the polar bears, how cute! I like the pink packaging and that the formula mostly natural and chemical free, though I don't it's 100%

What I don't like: i wish the package had a snap closure, similar to bee's bees, to keep the cloths fresh. It was very hard to clean make up off, as I had to put some work into rubbing off my makeup. Sometimes it would smear my eye makeup across my lids. It doesn't take it off nicely with one swipe. The cloth also felt not as moist as other brands I've tried. Sorry JMC, but until you reformulate your wipes, in wont be buying again. Even if so, $12 is very expensive for only 25-30 wipes. Other natural brands like Yes To and Burts Bees are half the price for the same amount or more. The only time ill use them is if they come in another package kit, which is a bigger bang for your buck.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

For the price these were, I really wanted to like these wipes. Unfortunately I just had too many problems with them to ever consider repurchasing. I like the fact that part of the purchase price goes to a good cause, but that's probably the best things about these wipes... The grapefruit scent isn't overpowering (though I love grapefruit, so), and I don't find that these are particularly oily-feeling, which is also great. However, I found myself continuously breaking out when I used these wipes. I resolved not to use them all over my face and stuck to only eyes and lips... then I noticed that after I wiped, my eyes would sting, as would my lips. Perhaps I'm allergic to something in the wipes, but in the end it was just too irritating to handle. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I use face wipes when i'm traveling, when i'm camping, after performances, and nights when i'm just too tired to do a proper wash. I've tried a lot of brands. But i've found just a few i rebuy.
And I LOVE these wipes. I kinda bought my first pack on a whim. I was in a sephora that was not my home shop, which does not carry this product. The packaging is a bit femmy and girly for me (icing sugar pink), but i really liked that a donation was made to Natural Resources Defense Council's Polar Bear SOS initiative to protect polar bears. The product is phthalate-free, biodegradable, cruelty free, and vegan. Plus the ingredients are mostly natural.
That, however, would not be enough if the wipes didn't work. And for me, they do. They are very gentle, yet do a great job of cleaning my face and refreshing my skin. Plus i love the way they smell - far better than any drug store brand, or even many mid-level brands. On days when i'm not wearing heavy eye makeup these work terrifically.
True, they won't get off heavy waterproof eye liner and mascara. That's what my pack of MAC wipes is for. But that product, as fab as it is, doesn't leave my face feeling fresh and clean. So i finish up with the Josie Maran wipes. Plus I like to alternate Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes with Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Wipes on different days. What can i say, i'm a multi-wipes girl :-)