October 23, 2014 | 1335 users online

Conditioner - Mixed Chicks - Deep Conditoner

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only product in the 3-step curly hair system that I like from Mixed Chicks. I still use this detangling conditioner; it really works and smells nice. I don't plan to repurchase since I would have to order it online (there arenít any salons that sale Mixed Chicks in my state). I am sure I can find something at Sally's that would be equivalent.

UPDATE: If you like this but don't want to pay the $20 for it try Mixed Silks you can get it from Sally's for $8.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this deep conditioner. This is one of the best ones that I've tried. It's an excellent detangler and makes hair super duper soft. It is good at moisturizing too. It has a nice clean scent as well. The only thing I don't like is that I use a lot of conditioner and there isn't enough in that little $25 container. I may get 4 or 5 uses out of it, which turns out to be very expensive. I may splurge for the larger size since it contains substantially more for twice the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by noreenhaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The conditioner worked well but it did leave my scalp dry and itchy which it wasn't before I used the conditioner. I tried it twice to see if I was just imagining it. In my opinion the Wen shampoo/conditioner has similar ingredients and works better and does not leave the scalp dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second tub of this and I love it! Im of Latin decent with thick but smooth hair. My top layers are my natural color, 2N and very healthy and shiny but the ends and bottom layers are about a 5B (by goldwell's standards at least) and very damaged, I'm talking about breakage, frizz, and easily get tangled, especially underneath. I use this everytime I wash as a regular conditioner and I leave it in for a few minutes or as long as possible. It makes my hair softer and easier to manage. I do have to keep it off my scalp though it does give me dandruff if I don't but I'm just susceptible to it so no biggie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 4:27:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Loving this!!!! Higly recommend it for any type of hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm caucasian with very fried, damaged 2b wavy hair & moderate frizz.

I read such great reviews about this conditioner I decided to try it for $14 at Ricky's for the 8 oz tub jar, though they also sell a giant 33.5 oz pump bottle for $50, which is a nice deal for those who love this product & want it in pump form.

Applying it in the shower is easy -- it's a thick cream that I scoop out of the jar with my fingertips & spread it easily through my hair, detangles well, works quickly, rinses fairly easily, leaves my hair feeling soft & conditioned while it's wet. I dislike the amodimethicone in this product (5th ingredient) & can feel its coated effect still lingering in my hair after rinsing. :( Aren't silicones supposedly bad for curly hair?

After my hair dries it's a tiny bit softer than the usual crispiness I always have thanks to over-processed highlights, but it otherwise doesn't make very much difference in the quality or condition of my hair. The frizz level is still there, so I have to use my usual styling products to manage frizz & give definition to my curls/waves.

I'll have to use this conditioner longer to see how it treats my hair longterm (only a few uses so far), but since I'm not entirely thrilled with it I'm not likely to buy it again. If I do somehow fall in love with this after further use, I'll buy the big economy pump bottle next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have biracial (African American/Caucasian) 3b & 3c hair which I wear natural. I usually use Lush Jungle Conditioner to help define my curls in the shower, followed by CD Healthy Hair Butter & Fantasia IC Gel to set the curls, but I received Mixed Chicks Deep Conditioner as a gift, so I decided to give it a try. I did like the conditioner -- it left my hair soft and helped to detangle it well. As far as defining curls, it was good, but in my opinion, nothing has come close to Lush Jungle for defining curls in the shower -- I think there's lots of coco butter in the formula and other things that make the hair kind of "tacky" and get attracted to each other, or perhaps its the solid formula that does the trick. I only wish Jungle didn't have to smell so strong. I may use the Mix Chicks Deep Conditioner from time to time, (especially when I don't want to overwhelm others with Jungle's smell), but I cannot part with Jungle for its phenomenal ability to define curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by yggdrasil27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I have very, very dry, frizzy, fine, medium length hair. This conditioner made a difference the moment i put it on after shampooing. It's not heavy feeling and the scent is light and delightful. I have tried a lot of products including Kerastase Oleo Relax, Jessicurls, Ouidad and this makes my hair behave,it's shiney and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Baano

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great conditioner!
It was introduced to me at a salon especially created for curly hair. I have fine, wavy hair, that sometimes goes curly, sometimes goes straight depending on the weather, but this conditioner always makes sure that it stays moisturized and healthy from the inside.
And I love that it's in a tub because I can use all the product that I paid for. And the product lasts a long time.
I've gone and tried other products after using this one (thinking there might something better out there), but I've always ended up going back to this. It's thick, but not so thick that it weighs the hair down. Love this stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ah73

Love this stuff! I'm a caucasian, with long , and totally over processed frizzy hair. I went on vacation with some girlfriends, and the airline lost my luggage! So I used my friend's products- and was blown away! My hair was sooo soft and frizz free! By the end of the trip, ALL the girls were using this (and the shampoo and leave-in conditioner)! and we had alll hair types and ethnic groups represented. I used to use kerastase, and honestly, this does a much better job for a fraction of the price (I paid about 14.00). One caveat, though. I hate the tub, I wish it came in a tube.