MAC Cremesheen - Crosswires

4.5

One of my favorite MAC lipsticks. A coral-y pink that's not overwhelming. Flattering on my fair skin. My only complaint is it's not very moisturizing, it's even a little drying.

on 11/6/2013 3:38:00 PM

Well, I have to say that this is a pretty coral color, more in the orangey than the pinky side but at first, it didn't work that well on me. I have fair, cool toned skin and I felt this lipstick tended to wash me out. But.. I discovered recently that the problem with the color was actually a tinted lipbalm that I was using before applying the lipstick. Now, I just use colorless Burt's Bees Honey lipbalm and Crosswires can show it's true colors on me: a reddish-orangey coral that is a good alternative if you are scared of trying true reds. Plus, the texture and the color payoff are good, the staying power is what you would expect from a creemsheen formula.

on 10/25/2013 5:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My sister gave me Crosswires as a present when she went to London in 2010. Since then, it has become my summer favourite lipstick. It's a nice bright orangy-corally colour on me (my lips are not pigmented at all). I've never used it during winter time though, as I think it washes me out.

on 9/24/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this because Vegas volt was too bright for my liking. It's a deep muted coral pink on my skin tone. It's ok. I would lot repurchase as I doubt I'll be finishing the tube any time soon NW45 for ref

on 9/15/2013 7:10:00 PM

I got this with see sheer and girl about town. This is a very pretty coral-hotpink-with a hint of red tone, i find the color in the middle of warm-cool. Honestly, find it hard to identify. but one thing im sure, this is perfect for everyday use, day or night! (I'm an nc25 just for reference.) What makes this superb is the fact that it's cremesheen. Well pigmented, doesnt dry out my lips & has a tiny bit of gloss in it. Makes my guy wonder if im wearing a lippie or are my lips stained with a gloss on it. I dont know with you guys but i like how it makes me look so healthy and pretty. You can easily reapply this straight from the tube as it's not like the usual matte/retro matte formulas which I usually apply with my mac lipbrush. A must to try! It will surely work well with different skin tones.

on 8/22/2013 1:12:00 PM

This is a gorgeous color. It just isn't gorgeous on me. I have mild rosacea. So, while I wouldn't necessarily call myself florid, I have a decent amount of color in my cheeks. I look alright in reds and corals. But, anything that goes towards bright pink or fuchsia simply won't be flattering. This pulls pink enough that it just won't work. It isn't terrible, but I have far nicer matches for my skin tone. Also, this lipstick is a bit dry. I have to use balm underneath it. I will give it that when it begins to wear off, it leaves a lovely kind of stain. I actually like it better after I have worn it for a few hours than I do when I first put it on in the morning. So, I will probably either use it on days when I am wearing a stronger foundation that tones down the pink in my skin or give it to my sister. Definitely not a buy again for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is such a nice product. MAC lipsticks are amazing for the price, and this is no exception. Crosswires is a brightened pinky coral. Since it is a Cremesheen, it has pretty great lasting power (about 3-4 hours before it starts to fade), and in my opinion wears pretty comfortably. I can see this looking good on a lot of different skin tones!

on 7/18/2013 4:13:00 AM

As a lipstick: beautiful color but I have to put a balm first to make it more creamy. I mainly use this as a creamblush. Reminds me of Bobbi Brown Calypso Coral pot rouge but this one seems to have even more staying power on my cheeks. Overall: Great 2 in 1 product. (Me: NC25-30)

on 6/10/2013 7:03:00 AM

Love this shade. Have been wanting to grab it for so long but never did until finally one day I just bit the bullet and got it. Knew I wanted this for a reason! A very interesting shade of coral-red! Great for those who want a nice pop of red-coral on the lips without going full-on bold lips. Nice for office-wear too or just a simple lazy weekend makeup. Also, the lipstick sits comfortably in my lips without drying them out as Crosswires is afterall a lustre finish (which tends to be slightly more sheer in colour but not so drying). Definitely one of my favs in my lipstick ammo! This babe is a keeper!

on 5/29/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is such a CUTE coral colour!! I bought this after seeing it featured on my favourite beauty blog Essiebutton, and since Estee on that blog has similar colouring to me and it looked great on her, I decided to go to my local Mac counter and give it a try!! It's an amazing colour. My only problem is that I never know when to wear it. I'll have to figure out ways to rock this colour because it's just so beautiful. I love the Mac Creamsheens and this colour has quickly become one of my favourites!!

Popular Lipsticks