January 31, 2015 | 964 users online

Lips - Sonia Kashuk - velvety matte lip crayon

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lilacskin

i've never been moved to write a review for any cosmetic but, oh my heavenly heavens, these lip crayons rock my world. the texture is creamy, the colors are not so limited as one would think despite all claiming to be nudes, the finish is (as mentioned) not truly matte but velvet matte...just lovely. i find them comparable to Nars' Velvet Matte pencils tho' so much more affordable- for the price of one Nars pencil i bought two of Ms. Kashuk's, Rosey Nude which is a crisp ultra-flattering red and Blossomy Nude which is almost identical to Nars' Dolce' Vita. i've included a photo which has, top to bottom, Nars Dolce' Vita, Kashuk Blossomy Nude, Kashuk Rosey Nude and (just for fun) Tarte Natural Lip Stain Pencil in Lust.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by likespinningplates

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this in Rosey Nude, which is close to a true red on me. This goes on smooth, and true to the name, velvety with nice, strong color. It's matte but doesn't feel dry. I'm not sure how I will sharpen it, but besides that, I would like to try the other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sajj38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are really great. The only thing I wish was that they have more colors than just "nudes" because I just love everything about these crayons. They are wickedly convenient, have great texture and great staying power. They also aren't really matte, I notice that some of the colors have slight shimmer, which is fine because too much matte looks unnatural.

I really hope these aren't discontinued because I imagine they will be a stable of mine from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mgorospe

Definitely a must buy! This pencil is easy to apply and gives my lips a very natural color that doesnt look heavy or over-the-top in any way. I have a hard time finding the right pink, and matte lipsticks usually make me look worse. Like I just drank PeptoBismo! My shade is 09 PinkNude and looks just right on my olive-golden skintone. The price is great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after buying the creamy matte lip crayon by Sonia Kashuk in "pinky nude", thinking that I would like it as well, and I do. I do not like a matte lip, as it is aging, so I top both colors with Revlon lip gloss in "Shine City". The lip pencil makes my lips look so finished and youthful, as you can "cheat" and extend the lip line just a bit and not look like Bette Davis in "Whatever happened to Baby Jane." (you'd have to be an "older" gal to get that :>) In other words, since you're extending the lip line with the EXACT color that you're placing on the lips, it achieves a much more natural and less made up look.
The consistency of the crayon fills in any vertical lines in the lips, and although it doesn't stay on as well as my staple Maybelline long wearing lip gloss, I think the effect is much prettier and more youthful. The "pinky Nude" is more of a very soft nude, with more pink and very little brown undertone, more of a "peachy" nude color.. The "barely Nude" is more of a true nude with more brown but still flattering and not the kind of "nude" color that makes those of us with fair complexions look like death warmed over. I am very pleasantly surprised with these lip crayons and I hope Sonia Kashuk doesn't discontinue them as they are a great product and very reasonably priced. ( I got mine at Targer for about seven bucks) Another plus.....this line is NOT tested on animals. The product is also very portable and doesn't take up much space in a makeup bag or purse. I may try other colors as well. I think that there were about six or so colors.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No