April 18, 2014 | 1082 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Brave Red

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by barbaratanny

I had this for quite a long time, but it just didnt do it for me and I ended up giving it to somebody else. The problem is not so much about the colour, as I think the colour looks great (im an nw20) but with the staying power of the lipstick. I know it is a cremesheene so it is not the formula with the best staying power, but when I wore it on nights out, by the end of the night I would have no lipstick left on my lips but all over my face instead. So I decided to give russian red a go, which to me, is a much better red; althought at times a little drying for being a matt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by amary18

I wanted to love this lipstick after hearing such great reviews, however it just wasn't for me. I don't think it complimented my NC42/C6 skin tone very much...The times I did wear it, I would blend it with Rebel. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this red lipstick!

pros:
-it is very wearable, even for the day.
-not too bright not too sheer
-not too blue not too brown
-smells yummy like all mac lippies
-feels nice on your lips, not too dry and not too creamy

cons:
-price but I guess you have to pay for quality sometimes and mac lippies are very good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark brownish/blueish "blood red" from MAC's Cremesheen line. I really like the color! For reference I am about NW25ish with medium brown hair and brownish-hazelish eyes. I love the Cremesheen formula even though I am not a big fan of most of MAC's line. Very smooth. I did wear this with Makeup Forever's clear lipliner, as reds have a tendency to bleed and feather (of course I suspect that is in part because red is a more obvious color when compared to skintone than anything). I would repurchase. Retail is around $14.50 so a fairly decent price. Typical MAC bullet packaging-doesn't wow me but works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by snoofle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick and found it in Brave Red. I wear MAC NC-45 and Nars Syracuse and this red lipstick is perfect for my skin tone. I also paired it with the MAC lipliner in Brick.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by KateEditorial

This tends to go a little on the pink-red side on me, so I suppose I'm still on the search for that perfect Marilyn Monroe and Gwen Stefani red. But it works extremely well as a lipstick, which you softly layer on. It's pretty! But more of a pink, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:35:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this red. It's extremely wearable and I usually wear it in the day when I want to feel a bit more glamourous. It also has a subtle sheen to it which makes it softer. The formula is not drying at all, it's actually more emollient than some of my other cremesheens.

There are also very fine golden and pink shimmers in this. It adds more depth and wearability to this than Russian Red/Ruby Woo.

It does look good against my NC20-25 skin though.

When I first bought this, it bled like crazy without a lip liner. After 4 months, it dried out a little in the tube and doesn't bleed anymore. I've found that the best way to apply this is to dab on the lips from the bullet and not press it onto the lips. This way, the colour comes off more as a stain and doesn't bleed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very Glossy bright red. I sometimes apply dazzle glass in love alert and it is even more beautiful. I also line my lips with brick or currant, just depends on my mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by donella

Wow, this color is amazing on my NC20/25, N2/N3 skin. I'm not a big lipstick person and was looking for a red for my back to mac products. I reach for this color almost everyday now. Can wear it during the day and night. Goes well with the pink undertones in my skin. Next I will try Cockney which is the same with gold flecks.