November 24, 2014 | 2029 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cremesheen - Brave Red

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by dabadckgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color of this lipstick is perfect! I've been looking for a red lipstick. I had tried on Ruby Woo but it didn't look good on my complexion. I know they say it looks great on everyone...:/ I have a medium skin tone, brown eyes, and brown hair with highlights. I really wanted a satin formula because my go to lipstick is MAC twig and it lasts forever and looks great on me. Brave red is a creme sheen so much more likely to feather. I was afraid that it would run into my lip lines so I bought prep+prime. That was certainly a great buy because this lipstick did not feather at all! It's a must for anyone who has this problem! The only reason that I give this lipstick four lippies is because it does require a primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by recyclenow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros
The colour is AMAZING - love it, not too blue or orange. I'm pretty neutral in my skin tone and this looks great
The texture is really nice, not too dry or too sheer, my lips feel moisturised when I'm wearing it
The quality and coverage are great
It smells lovely

Cons
Its MAC so its pricey
Even when I wore this with a liner, applied with a brush, worked in and blotted it STILL feathered round my lipline - why??
Staying power is OK but only OK (applied as above it was wearing off on the inside of my lips by lunchtime)

Overall, I would buy this again but only because the colour is so nice, if I found the same colour in a non-feathering formula I wouldn't buy this one again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by smolinski15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This was my first ever MAC and my first ever red lipstick. And i love it :) I ussualy wear pink lipsticks so i went into MAC i had my mind set on getting MAC RED. Everyone had said it was such a beautiful shade and looked good on everyone. Not me. It turned fushia on me :( I was so disapointed but the SA suggested brave red and i wasnt too sure it would look good since it looked so dark. But i tried it on and it was beautiful. The perfect red for me <3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:04:00 AM More reviews by SomersetBec

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous shade of red, which suits my NC35-37 skin tone. I dab it on for a more natural daytime look, however if I'm feeling brave during the day or want a statement lip for the evening I pair it with Clinique Deep Red Quickliner and swipe straight from the bullet which gives a beautiful, bold, bright look. When applied in the latter way, it lasts very well and wears all day with perhaps a touch up after lunch etc. I would say it was a true red, not too blue and not too orange, pretty spot on up the middle. I find that this screams 'look at me' a little too much during the winter when I'm paler skinned but i love it when I'm more tanned during the summer. The only reason I probably wouldn't buy it again is purely because I recently purchased Viva Glam I which is now my HG red lippie!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by barbaratanny

I had this for quite a long time, but it just didnt do it for me and I ended up giving it to somebody else. The problem is not so much about the colour, as I think the colour looks great (im an nw20) but with the staying power of the lipstick. I know it is a cremesheene so it is not the formula with the best staying power, but when I wore it on nights out, by the end of the night I would have no lipstick left on my lips but all over my face instead. So I decided to give russian red a go, which to me, is a much better red; althought at times a little drying for being a matt.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I canít tell you how much I love this lipstick! Iím obsessed with MAC and I tried this lipstick on and it looks sooo beautiful on my lips! Iím NC30 for reference. I highly recommend it to everyone. Go try it out! Itís a gorgeous color and versatile and long lasting! I really love the color it looks really nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by amary18

I wanted to love this lipstick after hearing such great reviews, however it just wasn't for me. I don't think it complimented my NC42/C6 skin tone very much...The times I did wear it, I would blend it with Rebel. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Bettybo75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this red lipstick!

pros:
-it is very wearable, even for the day.
-not too bright not too sheer
-not too blue not too brown
-smells yummy like all mac lippies
-feels nice on your lips, not too dry and not too creamy

cons:
-price but I guess you have to pay for quality sometimes and mac lippies are very good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ivanabacowboy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a dark brownish/blueish "blood red" from MAC's Cremesheen line. I really like the color! For reference I am about NW25ish with medium brown hair and brownish-hazelish eyes. I love the Cremesheen formula even though I am not a big fan of most of MAC's line. Very smooth. I did wear this with Makeup Forever's clear lipliner, as reds have a tendency to bleed and feather (of course I suspect that is in part because red is a more obvious color when compared to skintone than anything). I would repurchase. Retail is around $14.50 so a fairly decent price. Typical MAC bullet packaging-doesn't wow me but works.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by snoofle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick and found it in Brave Red. I wear MAC NC-45 and Nars Syracuse and this red lipstick is perfect for my skin tone. I also paired it with the MAC lipliner in Brick.