July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Blush - MAC - Emanuel Ungaro Crushed Bougainvillea [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the smooth texture of this, extremely blendable. That is also useful because it is so pigmented. Its a great pop of color on the cheeks or lips, comes off easily with remover, and doesn't break out my clog prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

Love these deeply pigmented colors from MAC. I have "premeditated" which is a true bright red and I wanted something a little more spring-like. (Premed is very snow princess looking) so I did a little research and found this color. I'm glad I was able to find one since it's a limited edition. This is a HOT DEEP pink, but on your cheeks is more of a deep pink flush, very summer belle on a hot day. This may just be my favorite blush of the summer this year. I think that cream blushes work better when it's hot. It goes on best if you apply after your moisturizer - blends best that way. I love that it's small and can be easily included in your bag or wallet even. Rave!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I love this product. It is my first try at a cream colour base, I always thought they looked a bit greasy and would be a no go on my normal verging on slightly oily skin. Bought it because I couldn't resist the colour. And I am so glad!

Its a beautiful colour, very intense looking in the pan but you can apply lightly and blend for more subtle looks. Gives me a lovely natural looking flush. I also have worn as a stain on my lips. This is very nice too but for some reason I tend to go overboard when I wear it on my lips and layer it so its really bright! So very versatile and for either subtle or more dramatic looks. I find it *similar* to the Sumatra multiple but different enough in terms of finish (this is creamier, NARS is dryer) and a slight difference in terms of colour that I'm happy to have both.

Oh, the reason I couldn't resist this colour was because I'd been looking for Stila's Orchid CC (dc?) for ages. And this reminded me of that. Don't own both so can't say for sure but from memory I think its similar?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by heavenz_desire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If only MAC had more of these in a wider variety of colours...
    This product, I find to be very useful. I suck with cream blushes so I use this more as a lip stain. It gives the right amount of colour as a lipstick would minus the obvious lipsticky texture... I don't like lipsticks really so this product not only doesn't smudge thank god but it lasts for HOURS...
    But like others said, use a light hand when using this. The colour is quite intense. I love how I can carry this around, saving space in my purse cuz I won't need to carry a blush or coloured lippie but even so, it lasts a good while!
    A staple for any makeup junkie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by peachyrose

I love CB because it can be used so many ways. Its a bright rosy color on my cheeks. Alone, it's a little too bright for my taste but a swipe of pressed powder over it creates a lit from within pink glow. Its also easy to blend and doesn't clump over powder foundation. On the lips, its a rosy reddish stain without the dryness typical of lipstains. Also, it looks gorgeous with Pure Rose lipstick over it. The mixture of the bright pink/red pigment from CB and the light pale pink color from Pure Rose creates a pretty baby pink. If you can still find CB, i highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by cathymakeupart

Love it! Bought it when the Emanuel Ungaro collection first launched, then loved it so much i eturned to my local MAC location to ourchase another, but unfortunately, it was sold out within the first week of teh colection launch along with the lip stain that was sold in the same collection! I found the pair amazing together! I'd layer the stain as a base, then go on top of it with this cream color base and found the look so amazing! Its nice on the cheeks too if you use it sparingly enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 8:56:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I passed on this when it first came out, but it did perk my interest due to all the amazing reviews i kept hearing around the boards. Anyhow, I was at MAC the other day, and they had the tester, so i figured i'd ask and see if they still had any in stock, which they did. So i figured it was a "sign" for me to get it. It definately does live up to the hype! It is super creamy and pigmented, so easy to apply. However, my cheeks are naturally flushed, so if I even think about blushing, my cheeks turn flame red if i am wearing this. But, I suppose its nothing a little powder over it wouldn't fix to tone it down a little.
    My quick and easy method of applying cream blushes (learned from the mu board) i just tap/swirl my index and middle finger on the product (a little goes a LONG way, so use a light hand!), rub together with my index and middle fingers on my other hand. Then tap tap tap gently onto cheeks with slight circular motions to blend blend blend. and voila! :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This gives a similar color payoff to NARS Cactus Flower but the texture/creaminess of this 100 times better.
    I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because I'm still trying to figure out the blending part. You've got to get it blended perfectly of else it looks un-even.
    It's not a difficult task, I will get it right I just have to play with it a few more times. I've only tried it once.
    But as far as the texture goes this one is a winner. I think I'm liking the creamy blush a lot more than the creme to powder NARS.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by JoniGirl

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I have oily skin and I was worried about a cream blush making me oilier. No worries with this! The guy at the MAC store told me that I could apply this over StudioFix or any other powder. He put a fresh coat of StudioFix on me, then used brush #188 to apply this blush. Voila! This cream blush went on smoothly with no streaks. It looks scary dark in the pan, but it goes on very very sheer. Of course, per the other reviews, I had to put a little on my lips. I was sold. The color is so pretty and feminine. It's not an everyday color for me, but it's just so gorgeous. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2008 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Irishgurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I first saw this product, I thought it would be a no go area for me, as I am super pale. However after watching and reading countless reviews with people raving about it - I decided to give it a go...and boy am I glad I did.

This goes on really pigmented, so a light hand is a must - but it blends beautifully and leaves the prettiest flush of colour on cheeks...very natural.

I have also used it on my lips and again it's very pretty.

I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing this amazing product, and would do so again if required - alas it is LE