November 27, 2014 | 1443 users online

Shampoo - Davines - Nounou Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:16:00 PM More reviews by spykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i don't think this stuff is half as bad as people have made it out to be. it smells better than the nounou conditioner, especially if you aren't fond of the oldspice scent. kind of a light floral. it doesn't lather very well, but it also doesn't seem to strip my hair like a lot of users are complaining about. it's fairly average, but not total crap. the conditioner is definitely superior, but it isn't bad. i doubt i'd buy again just because the conditioner alone seems to do more good while the shampoo is either take it or leave it. if you like buying paired products and already love the nounou conditioner, go for it. very mild cleansing shampoo. it's a bit like cleansing with really watered down shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by redhotpaprika

PROS:
- Nice scent

CONS:
- Drying instead of moisturizing
- Doesn't clean well, leaves sticky build-up on hair
- Not enough lather
- Runny consistency

OTHER THOUGHTS: One of the worst shampoos I've ever tried, completely dried out my hair after a week of use. Couldn't even finish the bottle, had to dump it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by krpytful

scents can be deceiving, thats to sum up what i really think about this shampoo.

i got this product after a dye-job with a salon ive been with for years, they have pretty good products overall, but i must say this shampoo is one big flop. the only redeeming factor? it smells heavenly, which was why i got it in the first place, but thats about what there is to it.

this shampoo does not lather well at all, plenty of shampoo and water later, still no lather. hair doesnt feel clean even after shampoo-ing twice, felt as if i had used up one-third of the entire bottle though.

on top of that, hair doesnt feel incredibly soft or exceptionally manageable after wash. for that price i paid, might as well get redken's all soft shampoo instead. works a million times better.

oh but to be fair, davines' nounou conditioner turned out just fine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

What an unremarkable product--as unremarkable as the Dede shampoo. It cleaned my hair, but that's about it. Nothing bad about it, but absolutely nothing special, either. You can get much better products for the same price or less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo! I have been using it with the Nounou conditioner and my curly, coloured hair is smooth and shiny. The shampoo has a light, almost floral scent which is not overpowering at all. I like the clean, unfussy label and the clear bottle. The product itself is a bit runny so you have to be careful not to squeeze out too much. It has milder detergents so I apply a little to my scalp first add some water and work it in, then I take some in my hand and emulsify it and apply to the rest of my hair, this way I get lots of rich lather.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by trixie01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As I've already commented on my review of the Love Fluid, I won't go into how horrible this line is, only to say that with only ONE time shampooing my hair with this product, my hair has never been this dry in it's entire life. I'm not kidding. I walked into a very high end salon near my office the morning I used this shampoo along with the Love Fluid, and the first thing out of a stylist's mouth who was sitting at the desk was how dry my hair looked, and what product did I abuse my hair with. I'm not kidding! I HAVEN'T FELT THIS BAD ABOUT MY HAIR SINCE I CUT MY BANGS MYSELF WHEN I WAS 8! Please, steer clear of these products.