Maybelline Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

2.3

on 12/10/2013 8:33:00 PM

Ugh, this product is straight up bad. I was expecting quite a lot from this eyeliner because lots of people on YT hype about it. I don't have oily eyelids and always put on eye primer. I only tightline my upper waterline, and it smudged instantly. Like, I'm not even done applying it and it smudges. The only thing I ask from an eyeliner is that it doesn't smudge. It doesn't always smudge when I apply, but by the end of the day, it has faded and smudged. I'm so disappointed with this eyeliner.

on 10/3/2013 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

One word. Smudge. ( and may I add horribly ?)

on 9/21/2013 1:31:00 AM

I typically buy Covergirl Perfect Point Plus eyeliner, but once it was out of stock and so I bought Maybelline Define-A-Line instead. I figured they would be similar.

Wow, I was wrong!

This eyeliner is easy and smooth to apply, but smudges so easily. I found myself having to constant check my eye make-up at work because this stuff is so temperamental. I do not like waterproof, so of course I wouldn't expect this stuff to last all day, but this is ridiculous. Do not buy this product. I've been wearing eyeliner for years, and every morning this stuff was a battle despite me being a veteran. One blink and BAM, you look like a raccoon.

on 9/12/2013 10:58:00 AM

Terrible!!!! One yawn and youre a panda. Its like this product never sets because you blink, and bam! Its on your upper lid near your eyebrow. It easy to apply but thats about it.

the color was great but wore off so fast and smudged so much .i was kind of disappointed with this product

on 8/27/2013 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is possibly the worst eyeliner ever invented by anyone... ever. I remember trying this years ago in middle school and having it run like crazy in the middle of my Latin class. People asked me why I'd been crying and I was mortified when I went to the bathroom to see that it looked like either I'd been weeping and my mascara had run or I'd been punched in both eyes. Recently, I bought this product again, thinking that now that I'm in college with years having gone by, they MUST have corrected this problem as I'm sure I'm not the only one with such complaints. I WAS VERY WRONG. Went out to party with a bunch of cute guys and came back to see the double black eyes again. TERRIBLE PRODUCT. Do not buy!!!!!!!!

on 6/28/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

***ALLERGIC REACTION WARNING!***

I actually called Maybelline and complained over the phone. I've uploaded my pictures.
I have used this eyeliner since 2010 - and loved it until now.
Something has changed because I've used this eyeliner 3 times on my waterline specifically and woken up with my eyes stuck together. YES I removed the eyeliner w/a gentle make up remover. Yellow goo & crust was streaming down my face when I awoke. SEVERELY blood shot eyes. I didn't want to believe it but I saw other reviews with the same reaction. My skin might be rejecting it - but just a heads up to other sensitive types.

NO I haven't changed my normal routine.
I do NOT wear contacts or use eye drops regularly.
YES I have only experienced symptoms using the product on my waterline. (Not as regular eyeliner on lids). I have thrown it out for safety's sake.

on 5/9/2013 11:15:00 AM

This eyeliner runs like crazy! I just applied this eyeliner 2 hours ago, and it is already running down under my eyes. Like I've bin punched in the eyes!

on 5/7/2013 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I should have checked here before I bought this eyeliner. It transfers to the upper part of my eyelid. I'm not sure if I wrote that out in the best way, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

It is very thick and does smudge. I use an eyelid primer before I put this on, and that doesn't stop it from transferring. It is very thick (as the other reviewers have noted).

There are better drugstore eyeliners out there! I will not buy this again.

This is the worst eyeliner I've ever made the mistake of buying. For daily wear, it's terrible, especially if you have contacts and/or your eyes water a lot. It smudges like mad, goes on way too thick, and it doesn't set at all. It's like the oil paint of eyeliner. I can put it on it the morning and at night, it takes me almost half an hour with 2 wet cotton swabs, a Stridex pad, and a paper towel and there will still be some left. But no matter what, yes, you're just going to end up looking like a racoon unless you get used to it and have the hang of wearing it, I guess. The only thing I've managed to do successfully with this eyeliner is a smoky eye look and it's very dramatic because of its hellish smudging. The only person I'd recommend this to is Marilyn Manson.