December 22, 2014 | 1787 users online

Moisturizers - L'Occitane - Rice Ultra-Matte Face Fluid

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by AudreyNgo

I hate use moisturizers because it makes my very oily and acne skin become worse. However, Rice Ultra - Matte Face Fluid makes my red spot calm down and my skin is mattifying. I use this moisturizer as a primer before make up to get more oil control. Importantly, this moisturizer is completely non-comedogenic ingredient when I use check list in Zero Zit website.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product for my combination skin. It keeps my face matte and/or natural looking all day. By natural i mean there is no shine but my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose are less matte than the rest of my face - not 'dewy' mind you. I only use this in summer otherwise it can get a bit drying, but in summer i get quite oily in the t-zone and it keeps me looking normal even when i'm at the gym sweating away. I've also replaced my primer with this, so I use a serum and a tiny amount of a light moisturiser, then the red rice on top when everything has sunk in. I haven't tried using this with just my serum as i feel more comfortable using at least a tiny amount of lotion under this so i get some hydration. And i can say this is 100 times better as a mattifying primer than the YSL matte touch primer which is raved about, wish i discovered this first!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

What a nice product! BUT still I am not 100% happy with it.
It smells nice, it goes great on my skin, it is light, non clogging, it leaves a nice matte, healthy finish on my skin, it covers some redness that I have from time to time and in fact it heals it. The downsides: it doesn't moisturize that well, after 2-3 hours my face is shiny again and it is tricky for me to get the rest of the product from the bottom of the bottle :((.
Eventhough this is freaking expensive and it has some bad points I would still repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

A great summertime moisturizer! It was the first mattifying moisturizer that I used that ever seemed to work. My skin feels comfortable, matte, and well-hydrated when I wear this. There's no irritation, it does not cause breakouts, it is soothing to my skin.

I'm 36, and noticed my skin getting drier in the last 2 years, so I only use this for the most humid days now, but when my skin was oilier (just a few years ago), this was perfect from April-September.

Also, I love the size: it's small enough travel with (i.e, get through the TSA's ridiculous security theater), but the bottle is large enough to last the entire season.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 4:02:00 AM More reviews by zowye2002

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found the moisturizer that suits my face! I live in a humid country and shine could be a problem among other things when it comes to maintaining my skin at least around my face in a good presentable situation. I have tried Clinique's, Kiehl's Estee Lauder, 100% Pure, Beauty Juice among many others they fail. But this, is amazing. It keeps my face matte for a few more hours usually it keeps my face shine free well it usually has a natural shine but it helps to control the excess of shine which is something that I was looking for to have. I have two complains for this product: so little amount for the price( really $26 for an 1oz? I guess you pay for top-ed quality products for your skin and this is worth every penny) and the other one is the packaging, when I have very little is a pain to scrub down the last bits until I get enough to get a new one. Aside from that is a great product. Word of warning it has a soft sweet powdery scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cupcakesyesplease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Oh so mattifying! It does exactly what Its supposed to do (Y). Great for humid countries, although it would be nice if there was SPF in it.

and DO NOT use this if your skin is dry, it just dries you out.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by HERPDERP

Works amazingly well on my oily skin. I apply this under my sunscreen/before my foundation in the morning and I am no longer forced to blot every couple of hours. It's light and clean and because it's from L'Occitane, I trust the ingredients are natural. It's not really moisturizing, so combine it with an oil free lotion if you do need moisture in the mornings.

UPDATE: One month after use and I'm just not getting the same results. My face is back to being oily within a couple of hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by jaguayanflawer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a couple of samples, and then decided to buy it. It does leave my face matte. When I use it alone, I need to blot my face like 5-6 hours after applying. When I use it with foundation, the time reduces to 4 hours, but it's still pretty good since before it had to be every 2-3 hours. The container is not very confortable to use (glass and it's heavy) and you get a small amount for the money you pay, but I like the results.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by graconion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried a lot of moisturizers, but namely they are ones by VICHY, L'OCCITANE and by Fresh. This one DOES gives me a matte finish after applying it. You won't feel that there's nothing on your face. It does feels like there is something coating on your skin after using it, but I guess that's something pleasant, at least to me. It does control shine as well. I think the one by Fresh leaves kind of an oily residue, although it claims it to be oil-free. Or at least it definitely does not control shine at all. My face actually feels more oily than usual after using the Fresh one. I feel like the L'occitane one can also be used as a primer. BUT, i don't know whether it's coincidence or anything, everytime I start constantly using a moisturizer, mini zits grow on my cheeks. That's why I give 4 lipsies~

Edit:
I take back what I've said a year ago..this is probably the best oil-controlling moisturizer I've come across. I've substituted my usual Cover Fx oil controlling primer with this moisturizer! Does a fantastic job in oil control. As for the mini zit problem I mentioned above, that doesn't happen anymore~ Ahh..sad that L'Occitane is discontinuing the red rice line =(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rummaging through my MU Warehouse 13 (I love doing that; I get to find so many forgotten gems), I found a little bottle of this toner. I use it under my fdt. and I swear, it works much better than any given primer. My fdt. glides over it and it makes me look matte w/o emphasizing my lines. Great stuff!