Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Lingerie Pink 007

4.1

on 1/11/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

The ysl Lippies are worth every penny. ~They look good perform good and suit all skin tones. Lingerie pink is a sexy baby but not barbie pink. It glides on and lasts around 4/5 hours on me.

I love pink lipsticks and have gone through many "lip shade phases" in the past year,there was the MAC Saint Germain phase which is an amazing bubblegum pastel pink however it simply wasn't suitable for doing the weekly shop and other mundane things (and even if they are mundane things I have to look good!) I started using the Rouge Volupte in Lingerie Pink around a few weeks ago and its one of those shades that just transforms your look without looking like you have overdone it,I was worried that this would look to pale and milky on my lips but as the formula is so luxurious with a dense pigment it just looks amazing,a soft subtle natural pink,I wear it with a touch of Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara and fresh moisturised skin and im good to go. What makes this even better is that House Of Fraser is selling all the Rouge Volupte Lipsticks with 30% off so I got this on the cheap and am rushing out today to stock up! I cant recommend enough!

This is a lovely lipstick! I adore the scent and how soft and smooth it feels on lips. The colour is pale but I love bright and baby pinks so find this really stunning. Expensive, but worth it for how moisturising it is and for the simple fact you will really struggle to find a similar shade as beautiful as this!

one of the worst lipsticks out there. If you are nc20 with dark/brown hair do not buy. It washes you out or you look like that woman from There is something about Mary. Even worse is the quality: it has not staying power what so ever, it transfers and you need to prep your lips with a matte pencil to give it a bit more staying power otherwise it feels like it glides away from your lips. If you pair it with a gloss (i used a pale one YSL) it is just disaster. It is too creamy to be paired with a gloss (it just transfers). the worst ever. not too keen on the volupte's any more. I prefer the sheer candies. i rate it 1 and I am being generous.

on 8/20/2011 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely color! Goes well with my pale skin, but is probably too light a color for darker skin tones (at least as an every day color). Very smooth, glides on nicely. I wish it weren't so expensive, I only purchase this when it's available at a deep discount - duty free, friends&family sale, or a Sephora sale.

on 12/16/2010 10:45:00 AM

I've already repurchased this lippy! Its worst point, as other reviewers have already mentioned, is it really doesn't last long at all! After a couple of sips of wine its vanished from my lips! But when on the lips, it feels sumptiously moisturizing and the colour is quite pretty and glam (suiting its gaudy opulent case and packaging-say hello to YSL, lol). I'm a fair NC15, with blonde hair and blue eyes, and I find the colour can be a little muting; if anything it takes colour away from your face, but the pink colour range in the Rouge Volupte collection is quite good so i can image there would be a pink to suit almost everyone. I like pink lingerie inparticular cos its a very distinct girly, pretty pink and i feel like i'm Marina from Stringray when i wear it! hehe.

on 12/15/2010 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

pros this is the most stunning colour ever it's natural looking yet very pigmanted and it will make your lips look smooth with a nice sheen even if your lips are dry. the Packaging is stunning it's a glod weighty tube

cons not long lasting at all
you will finsh the tube pretty farst
and this product is too expensive

i will buy again just because i'm in love with the colour and Quality

on 12/11/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love this lipstick, from the scent to the pkg, its gorgeous to look at. I love the formula as well, but I have this in lingerie pink and its so pale in color and as a dark skinned woman Im always looking for the perfect pale lippie to look good on me!!!!! This color wasnt the one, but I love everything else about it, just recommend that you exfoliate and mouisturize your lips before you put it on.

on 12/3/2010 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love it! i love this shade of pink, it looks amaizing on my lips. it's a good mosturising lipstick, i love the scent it has,it's really creamy wich i love it, it feels great on the lips. i also have nr8 fetish pink, wich i also think is great but lingerie pink is definatelly my favourite. the package is gorgeous, i like the little mirror on the top. but i must say it has a huge minus and that's the price is soooo freaking expensive. i'm gonna buy it again for sure!

on 11/12/2010 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lipstick, i have this in nude beige, and its creamy and goes on the lips like magic, on the condition that the lips are thoroughly moisturized. I dont like the smell this lipstick gives out, like sour grapes. I wouldnt buy this, I'd rather stick to my Avon or MAC.

Popular Lipsticks