October 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - Expert Sensitve Hydrating Serum

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by cressell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't live without this product! I always use this before applying makeup on anyone. Reminds me of Guelain's Super Aqua-Day Serum. Great for all skin types =)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am punished every time I try to alter my skin routine to be more "natural." I was hoping for a cheap(er) alternative to Clinique DDGel, but no dice. This left my face a tad greasy and sadly, broke me out.

After three weeks I was back in Sephora dropping 25 dollars on daily moisturizer. Oh well.

EDIT: I kept it and now it's in my gym bag - after I shower I dab a little on so I don't have to lug my giant bottle of DDMG everywhere. It's great in very small does for dry patches, is very inexpensive and utilizes plant oil and extracts to moisturize instead if animal and mineral oils. I don't think I would buy it again, but I'm happy I can use it now. I would recommend it to drier skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by kiwikiwidragon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product burned when I applied it. Bummer too, it was fairly inexpensive and available locally. Sigh....I would not reccomend this to anyone who has sensitive, dry skin or if products make your skin hot or burn. The quest continues...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after reading reviews on here and the Boots website. I'm glad I did as it's made a big difference to my skin. I have combination/dry skin and it has helped sort out the dry patches without making my skin too greasy. It doesn't give me spots and has a reasonable amount of natural ingredients in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS! I've switched to this whole line because I am having great, great results. This serum is exceptional with no breakouts. It wears well under makeup and can be used around the eyes.

There are no extras like retinol in here rather it is just a very good basic moisturizer. I use it instead of the companion moisturizers for day/evening. And I also use the cleansing/toning wipes.

This is around $7.00 at Target. I'm on my fourth bottle. It is packaged in a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am on my second bottle of this....I like it very much. I bought it during the winter, when my skin gets crazy-sensitive. It was my first Boots purchase. I was interested in trying the line, and the price on this was great ($7, I think). I was expecting a clear liquid, since it is called a serum, but it is a white lotion. It helped calm my skin down in the winter. I used it twice daily in the winter. During the summer, when my skin is oilier and not as sensitive, I am not using it daily, but whenever my skin starts to get dry or irritated from acne products or my
Retin-A. It isn't too heavy, even when my skin is oilier. In the winter, I use a moisturizer over it, but find it moisturizing enough on it's own for the summer. I like the pump bottle it comes in, too.

It's a pretty effective product at a good price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by peachachess

I really like this whole line, like other reviewers I have been amazed by the results of such inexpensive products. I use this after the anti-blemish serum and before the sensitive hydrating moisturizer. After all of this I put on my Shiseido ss and my face is matte yet moisturized the entire day. While I agree that it does feel a little more like lotion than serum it seems to achieve the same results. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I switched to the entire Expert Sensitive line after Clinique's 3 step for dry skin completely dried me out. I am just amazed that such inexpensive products can do such a fantastic job. I've only been using this for a week, but my lines are less visible and my skin looks and feels a lot more plumped up, less tired and flaky looking. I use the cleansing lotion, toner and then this serum, followed by the moisturizing cream because I have very dry aging skin. For $20 at Target I purchased all four products, you can't beat that!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

For a serum, this really feels like a light moisturizer. It comes in a white bottle with a pump. You can't see the color of the serum until you pump it and it's white. I guess this is my first serum in that form because most of the ones I've used before were always clear.

This does hydrate, but it might be too much for my combo/oily skin plus sensitive. Yes, I hate my skin but i'm going to win this battle one day.

This serum also does not have dymethicone however you spell it. I know some girls don't like having it in their products.

You get a good amount for $7.