October 1, 2014 | 1456 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

This is a good brush to have in your purse if you need touchups. I like how it's soft and convenient for travel, but I just don't touch up often enough to use it often. Also, I'm worried about how it'll handle a good wash as it doesn't have a typical ferrule so can't tell how well the bristles are attached and if it'll dry okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As someone who needs a lot of touch-ups while out and about due to oilier skin, and who avoids sponges at all costs, I've been searching for an affordable and adequate retractable face brush, and one that didn't look ugly would be a nice bonus.

I found the full package in this Ecotools product. I find the line to be a little hit and miss, but this is a definite hit. When fully retracted it's very soft (though maybe it could be a little less dense at its max setting), but you can push it down further to create a more concentrated brush. It also doesn't "screw" down, which seems to be easier on the bristles. The brush itself is very nice and feels high quality despite not being a very expensive product, comparatively. It picks up product and blends nicely.

It's also attractive. Mine is the copper, which I love, and it looks very sleek and classy. It's also durable, for all it's been banging around in my purse it doesn't even have any major scratches and no dings yet. It's a little big compared to other retractable brushes, but it is lightweight and the width is really necessary for performance.

This is definitely my favourite "purse brush" that I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Ecotools Retractable Kabuki is heavenly soft, dense, and stores perfectly for travelling. It just may be my favourite of all the Ecotools brushes I own. I use it to apply any sort of powder or pressed powder makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So soft and dense perfect to have in my on the go makeup bag, no complaints as of now but I'm curious to see how this will hold up to regular washing. Really good product for the price, I think everyone should have one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why did this take me so long to buy? Well I finally bought this to keep some powder in my purse for when I would get oily. This is so awesome, very dense, soft, and is in a cool package. There isn't much more I can say that hasn't already been said, I love this brush and I'm happy I finally bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by fionakm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this brush {perffff for bronzer, blush, face powder[and I use it for liquid too🙊]}

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Really cute but the bristles don't feel as soft on my face as they do on my hand :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by brenda123abc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seems like I'm the only one with problems with this brush. All the brush does is smudge the makup on my face like paint! It looks horrible!! You see where the brush strokes are and ugh I dislike it. Wouldn't but it again or recommend it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by TnaDG

i bought this brush based on the glowing reviews here at makeup alley. at first, i was worried about cleaning it and seriously considered returning the product. but, i got lazy and decided to use it instead. what a God send that was! i use this brush to apply pressed powder (lancome dual foundation) and my, oh my, this is really soft. i love how it feels on my skin. so luxurious. it applies powder evenly and my makeup never looked cakey.
cleaning it is a non issue. it dries fast and water does not collect inside the tube the brush retracts in. (what is that thing called anyway?). i just wipe the tube several times before i lay it bristles down to dry. i have washed this brush 3 times already and it has not shed a hair and its still as soft as ever.
i paid $10 for this, not bad.
i love this brush and i will repurchase... tho not soon, i think.... this one is durable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using the same one for more than a year. It's used daily to apply my finishing powder (J&J Baby Powder). It hasn't shed and is one of the best brushes I've ever used. I just bought my second one and the case is a bronze color (my first one is a silver color), which is appropriate since I'm going to use it to apply my Bare Minerals Faux Tan. I don't care how much you pay for brushes, this has to rank near the top. Great for travel.