December 19, 2014 | 1147 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by auntita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite makeup brush for applying mineral powder foundation. It's also just a great all around powder/ bronzer brush. It is extremely soft and does not shed. I love that it is retractable so both my brush and makeup bag stay clean. I've tried others but nothing beats this one for the price and it's cruelty free to boot!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked up this brush based on some rave reviews from blogs --- and I'm glad that I did. I wasn't quite sure what to use with this at first -- blush, powder, bronzer -- but now I figured out that it works best for me when I apply bronzer. It blends well and also give precise placement if I want to contour. Great find!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this brush when I travel to avoid carrying around a large bronze brush, but that being said, I am really satisfied with this brush. It is dense yet shift eggnog to apply all my powder foundations, setting powders, and even bronzer or blush in a pinch. I've washed these many times without any shedding, and the case has held up through lots of abuse and being thrown around in bags. The only reason this isn't the *perfect* brush is because it's a little small to cover large areas of my face, but given that it is a travel brush it doesn't bother me too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ImogensMakeupReviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Very very good brush!! Easy to use easy to wash and stays in perfect condition! I use it to apply my face powder and it gives a really nice finish! 10/10

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by teriyaki25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like the this brush. It's compact and has dense bristles for me to apply powder. However, I hate the packaging! I only used it twice in my own home when the the bristles separated from the packaging. I don't understand how something that's marketed as travel friendly can break within two uses. I was able to glue it back, but I guess I glued it wrong since I can't close it. Now it just sits on my makeup table and I use it for my Urban Decay De-slick spray.

I guess I might have bought a faulty one, but I would re-buy since it wasn't too expensive and I do like the soft, but dense bristles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by PaperAlias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent, affordable retractable kabuki. The brush is dense and the bristles are so soft. Even after having it for over a year and washing it over and over again,the bristles are still in great condition. No shedding, and it holds its shape nicely. I mainly use this brush to apply finishing powder. This is always with me when I go traveling. My only con is that the casing material (aluminum?) isn't quite that durable. There are a couple of faint dents here and there. So if this brush is somewhere where it's going to get knocked around a lot, it's probably going to show on the outside casing. The cover stays on pretty well though. You can get it for less than USD$10 at Target. It's very affordable and the brush itself is very good quality. I would repurchase.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by hanabi318

This is a good brush to have in your purse if you need touchups. I like how it's soft and convenient for travel, but I just don't touch up often enough to use it often. Also, I'm worried about how it'll handle a good wash as it doesn't have a typical ferrule so can't tell how well the bristles are attached and if it'll dry okay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As someone who needs a lot of touch-ups while out and about due to oilier skin, and who avoids sponges at all costs, I've been searching for an affordable and adequate retractable face brush, and one that didn't look ugly would be a nice bonus.

I found the full package in this Ecotools product. I find the line to be a little hit and miss, but this is a definite hit. When fully retracted it's very soft (though maybe it could be a little less dense at its max setting), but you can push it down further to create a more concentrated brush. It also doesn't "screw" down, which seems to be easier on the bristles. The brush itself is very nice and feels high quality despite not being a very expensive product, comparatively. It picks up product and blends nicely.

It's also attractive. Mine is the copper, which I love, and it looks very sleek and classy. It's also durable, for all it's been banging around in my purse it doesn't even have any major scratches and no dings yet. It's a little big compared to other retractable brushes, but it is lightweight and the width is really necessary for performance.

This is definitely my favourite "purse brush" that I've found so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Ecotools Retractable Kabuki is heavenly soft, dense, and stores perfectly for travelling. It just may be my favourite of all the Ecotools brushes I own. I use it to apply any sort of powder or pressed powder makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So soft and dense perfect to have in my on the go makeup bag, no complaints as of now but I'm curious to see how this will hold up to regular washing. Really good product for the price, I think everyone should have one!