September 23, 2014 | 1083 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Jemma Kidd Makeup School - Pro Finish Moisture Tint SPF20

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by makemeup25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this because it isn't chalky like most other drugstore TMs I've tried & it glides onto my skin so smoothly. The best part was that it sort of made my pores disappear. I think the coverage is greater than the sonia kashuk mineral powder I've been using. The color MID was a tad light for my NC30 skin tone. I wore this on a hot day to go shopping, although it didn't feel heavy on my face, I was super shiny! I'd probably only use it during night time events or just when it's not too hot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

I will repurchase, if I ever run out!

I hated the price ($28) for a TM from Target, but I have to say this is working very well for me. Will be my go-to this summer, especially with the SPF 20.

This wears more like a foundation than a TM, IMO, but it is sheer, light, and works well with my combination skin. It also doesn't make me itch like a lot of things do, so that's a plus.

I do set with pressed or loose powder - otherwise it's just too shiny for me.

EDIT: I swapped this out - left me greasy as soon as the weather warmed up here in KS. Seems to be my problem with most TMs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by sonpan

This one is a pretty expensive tinted moisturizer for a d/s brand. It works really good, but I prefer my Cover Girl tinted moisturizer. it is pretty much the same thing but for a lot less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by katly

Pros: Lasts all day. Perfect, even for my oily t-zone combo skin. Real smooth application. Reduces redness and evens out skin tones. Contains SPF 20!

Cons: Does not hide blemishes (obviously because it's a tinted moisturizer). Pricey at $28.00

Overall: I LOVE this tinted moisturizer! At first I thought this would be really bad for my oily skin because it seemed to just run out like oil but I was wrong! It lasts all day and I noticed that my face seems less oily when using this product.

Tips: Wear alone with loose powder on top for a NO MAKEUP LOOK, evening complexion

or...

Mix a half your favorite foundation with half of JK TM for a flawless complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by shanmora

I got this from Target in shade Mid. I've tried so many foundations. Over the past year I've really gone crazy trying to find one I like for my oily skin type. Most of the foundations were high end brands in medium coverage and oil free formula. I won't list all the brands and truth be told I wasn't happy enough to review any of them. I picked this up on a whim while shopping. I wavered for a sec seeing the $28 price tag, but then I thought I've paid much more for a foundation and decided to get it. I apply this using my 187 brush and then add some concealer under my eyes. Finally I dust with T. LeClerc Banane powder and the result is something I'm actually happy with. The coverage is light but you can build it up in areas needed. I feel like I have the perfect amount of makeup on and that I can control the coverage. I don't look like I'm wearing a mask. In comparison the Stila's (oringinal) Tinted Moisturizer this is not as greasy. I have to do a powder touch up half way through the day because of my skin type, but even then it doesn't look greasy, more dewy. With the foundations I was using, I felt like I was white washed and that I had to immediately add color in the form of blush and such. With this I just look like I have healthy skin that I can be confident about. I actually like the packaging too. The black tube with red embossed flower doesn't look like something you'd buy at Target. I have no desire to try anymore foundations.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 11:52:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

~*~JOY!~*~ My search for the perfect tinted moisturizer has ended! All the brands that I have tried up until this point have irritated my skin in some way (rashes, itching/swelling, whiteheads, cyst-type pimples), so I was elated to find that I've been using this product for a week now with absolutely no adverse reactions. It looks more like a liquid foundation coming out of the tube, but it spreads onto the skin like a lotion -- very smooth and comfortable, melting into the skin instantly. It's a very hydrating formula. I don't need to layer extra moisturizer underneath. It gives just enough coverage to even out my skintone, but looks completely natural. No obvious signs that I have any kind of base on - my skin just looks really fresh and clean. I love the addition of SPF20 as well (octinoxate 6%, titanium dioxide 2.2%). Three shades are available, and I'm using "MID" which works perfectly with my medium toned skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No