April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I thought it was the tinted moisturizer for me. Nice light coverage and it didn't seem to overly emphasize pores/lines. BUT I discovered it was a tad too sparkly. I prefer to selectively add highlight, not have it all over my face. Almost a winner and the concealer was good for spot concealing.

FYI: My skin is dry so I moisturize and prime before using tinted moisturizers and foundations. This might sheer products down on me more than some.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As with all Pixi products, the packaging is great. Very convenient and easy to use. This would probably be a good concealer, but for me it was too orange. I bought it in No. 1 Light Glow (the lightest shade) and once it was on, it had an orange tint on me. The liquid half of the product had decent coverage, but the stick/solid half of it only gave me sheer coverage (product description claims full coverage). I give it a rating of three bc I'm sure if it matched my skin tone better I'd use it if I ran out of my "go to" concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by radiocure11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a temporary replacement for Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint. I found that this Pixi TM, as well as the new Too Faced BB Cream, have nearly identical main ingredients (and formula) as the PC SMT, the difference being some added botanicals and the mica for illumination/glow. I am very impressed with the Pixi IT&C, it actually matches my fair skin tone (in the lightest shade) better than the PC SMT (in the lightest shade). It really does give a nice glow without sparkle. And, as a nice surprise, the concealer actually works very well on redness/acne spots and areas of melasma/discoloration that need more coverage. It will also help conceal eye circles in a pinch, though it's a bit too dry to be ideal for this purpose.
I am probably going to give the Too Faced version a try next simply because you get 50% more for nearly the same price. But I would definitely buy this again, even though it's a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been looking for a good TM for a while, and despite the good reviews on here I was hesitant to pick this one up because of the price; I figured for that much money I may as well head to a department store and get some professional advice. Too bad I hate department stores and don't like dealing with salespeople, so after exhausting the most likely drugstore options, I picked this up from Target. And I am so glad I did.

The coverage from this is light, probably about as much as everyday minerals but definitely more than other tinted moisturizers. It lasts me through a workday without touch-ups, and doesn't need a whole lot of powder to keep me from looking oily. This tinted moisturizer does a good job of evening my skin tone and covering up the redness in my cheeks without making it look like I have a mask on, which I appreciate. If I wanted to look completely flawless, I would need something a bit heavier, but this is perfect for everyday.

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is some shimmer to it. The first time I applied it, I thought it was a deal-breaker, but it wears off pretty quickly and isn't too obvious unless you are under direct light.

Packaging is a little annoying; I always end up opening the concealer when I am just trying to get to the TM. Besides that, it is hygienic and functional.

My skin has never met a liquid makeup that it likes, so the fact that I haven't broken out yet is something of a miracle. Obviously I will update if I do, but for now I have to say that Illuminating Tint & Conceal is awesome!

Edit: Now that it is springtime, the sparkles are definitely more noticeable. I think it looks fine and not too sparkly indoors (you will not be a disco ball under fluorescent office lights, I promise!), but in my car the other day I took a look at myself and was shocked to see glitter all over my face! I still like it, but I might consider using a different product for the spring and summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG foundation for over a year, but a few months ago I started using it exclusively. I like it better then all the high-end dept store foundations and the very popular drug store brands as well. This works best if you have good skin and just want to even it out without heavy cover-up. The coverage is “sheer-medium”. The finish is dewy but I use powder to set it, so less shiny on me then other reviews have mentioned (I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless to set and it is perfect). I love that it looks fresh all day. To add to all the other raves about this product, it is perfect for business women who travel. It comes in a wonderful little tube (so no glass or pump). I apply a small pea size to my face directly with my fingers, so no brush or any mess with application. I do use the concealer in the cap, but not under my eyes as I find it cakey-so I use it to cover redness around my nose. I have had no issues with break outs or sensitivity. I can only find it at Target (its $30 USD, so not cheap) and it has become difficult to find since word has gotten out about how great this is. Whenever I find it I get two tubes. Not a huge color selection (I think only 4 shades). I use the darkest and it works well on my tan/olive skin, but the coverage is sheer enough that I think the shades can work with a wide variety of skin tones. The coverage really works for more “ahem” mature skin like mine. It does not settle into lines and does not make you look all haggard at the end of the day. I love the fact that it has 20 SPF! It claims to have ingredients to actually improve your skin. I am not sure if that is true, but I love it all the same. I definitely recommend this produce.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bigblueeyes21

Although this product is VERY pricy, i think this is worth it!
Pros:
-Thin coverage, doesn't look cakey or fake
- Good packaging, but easy to open. Has good info on the back! :)
-Sparkly! (good and bad, ill get into that later)
- Easy to use
-Has a clean, not messy bottle
-Lasts a long time
-Is made from all natural ingredients, and is completely vegan.

Cons:
-is a little bit oily. Not at first, but i noticed that near the end of the day i had a little extra oil around my nose and forehead (where i put it the most).
-The sparkles sometimes get clogged in your pores and make you look shiny. Surprisingly, not so much on your face as on your hands.
-It doesnt moisturize your face that much. which, for me is a pro. I live in florida, a really humid place. So too much moisture makes my face WAYYY too oily.
- VERY expensive.
- After a while, it becomes clumpy, thick, and oily.

Overall, i would recommend this product to an extent. It works well at first, but eventually looses its "star quality". :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a good tinted moisturizer when I didn't have time to paint myself up. The concealer is a bit to dry for my taste. I got the lightest shade and its a good match. My sister said it looked nice on me when I wore it one day. It it pricy for such a little amount of product but it well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, there are lots of things to be said about this product, but let's first talk about the sparkle. I'm not a complete sparkle-phobe, however I do generally prefer matte products as someone with oily skin that's beginning to develop wrinkles and creping. This Pixi product DOES look very shimmery if I test on the back of my hand or when it gets my fingers. It looks like pale gold paint. BUT! It doesn't look that way on my my face, somehow. Maybe it's because there are more shadows on my face, and the reflection is vertical. Weirdly it looks natural on my face and I even I asked my boyfriend to tell me if I looked like a glittering disco ball. He says it looks like I'm wearing nothing.

That said, this product does leave a slight shine to my face after using. This has been my experience with every tinted moisturiser that I have used. Previously I've tried the Mac and Smashbox TM's and have been happy with the coverage, and not so happy with the moisturising properties. The Pixi product feels like a nice light moisturiser while also giving a bit of coverage. So that's a win for me. I tone down the shine with Mac Blot Powder and everything's good. :) For reference, I use Mac NW 20 to 25 and Smashbox Light. Pixi No. 2 Bare Glow is a good match for me. It's slightly dark outside the summer months but still a natural looking effect if I take care to blend down my neck.

The accompanying concealer is a matte, full coverage concealer. I find this helps tone down the shine depending on how much you need to use. I'd prefer to buy the concealer separately because I use the TM about twice as fast. But it's still a good product and it's a nice bonus.

This is my favourite tinted moisturiser that I've tried. It ticks all my HG boxes except price point. I live in Europe and I order it from ASOS with free shipping. In fact, I just ordered two more tubes on sale!

In summary, the good: natural looking coverage, easy to use, feels light on the skin, SPF, no scent, and mostly natural ingredients. The bad: The price!! It's a small tube. But I tell myself it's four products in one (foundation, moisturiser, sunscreen, and concealer) and it takes the sting away. Also, the packaging is average and gets covered in orange fingerprints. This is minor considering how much I do like the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jbeans33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wish I liked this product but, it made my sensitive skin itch and turn red. Might work for people without crazy-sensitive skin like mine. The price is ridiculous for m/u from target. Can't recommend this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very light and easy to blend. How ever quite glittery and tho it doesn't make you look like a disco ball, the glitters are visible. Concealer is handy but it had oils in it which makes my skin break out. Packaging gets dirty easily and all the dirt are really visible in it which makes it look disgusting. Overall i didn't like this and it was hard to use it.