July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by artfag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I like the cream itself because it evens out my skin, gives me a nice glow, and does not make me break out. It does have a lot of shimmer in it, but I don't mind that.

The concealer in the cap, on the other hand, is terrible. It's dry, waxy and difficult to blend. I would prefer a cheaper version of this cream without the concealer. In that case I would repurchase, otherwise I won't.

I'm taking a lippie off for the awful concealer :/ having said that, it's a lovely product, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a light-reflecting, oil-free TM.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lovely foundation!

Pros:
- Sheer but buildable coverage
- No scent
- Easy packaging (tube with twist cap)
- Luminous/dewy finish
- Concealer and foundation in one purchase
- SPF
- Not too thick / thin consistency
- Melts into the skin and blends easily
- Sensitive for skin-types with Rosacea
- She promises never to discontinue (hope this is true!)

Cons:
- Pricey!
- Sparkles can be intimidating when you first swap it on your wrist / hands / fingers - but it will look fine on your face
- Dewy finish can look oily throughout the day
- Limited shades
- (A glass bottle with a pump would be nice for the price, but that's just my personal taste)

I found this at Target on clearance for $15. I'm still not convinced that I would spend the $30 - 35 on this at full price, but I am very impressed with this purchase so far.

I first thought the sparkles were too much when I swapped it on my wrist. I was even more wary when I started reading poor reviews for this product here, but when I tried it on my face, the sparkles seemed to blend in and create a very luminous glow. The sparkles remind me more of a pearlized or an iridescent finish you'd find in a high-end eye shadow pallet as opposed to the big glitter/sparkle effect that you find in cheaper products.

The coverage is very sheer, but great for a tinted moisturizer. My freckles are still visible when I wear this so I definitely feel like it's not obvious that I'm wearing foundation (big plus!). The concealer is great for under the eyes, too.

Plus, the artist who created this formula boasts that there are a number of vitamins and anti-oxidants in this that are actually good for your skin! It's not common to find brands (drugstore or high-end) that make it a point to make products with ingredients that are beneficial to you, so I think it's important to notice when you find a brand or product that does.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this product. If you're looking for something that will give you a very natural, dewy finish, try this TM.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Malmaher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This tm did feel good on my skin, and did not seem to dry it out. While it did have decent coverage, it was wayyyy too sparkly for me. I felt like I could literally see small specks of glitter all over my face in the sunlight. I also felt like it made my skin look more oily than anything (and my skin is not oily at all). Thought I would love it, but returned it after a day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I thought it was the tinted moisturizer for me. Nice light coverage and it didn't seem to overly emphasize pores/lines. BUT I discovered it was a tad too sparkly. I prefer to selectively add highlight, not have it all over my face. Almost a winner and the concealer was good for spot concealing.

FYI: My skin is dry so I moisturize and prime before using tinted moisturizers and foundations. This might sheer products down on me more than some.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As with all Pixi products, the packaging is great. Very convenient and easy to use. This would probably be a good concealer, but for me it was too orange. I bought it in No. 1 Light Glow (the lightest shade) and once it was on, it had an orange tint on me. The liquid half of the product had decent coverage, but the stick/solid half of it only gave me sheer coverage (product description claims full coverage). I give it a rating of three bc I'm sure if it matched my skin tone better I'd use it if I ran out of my "go to" concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by radiocure11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a temporary replacement for Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint. I found that this Pixi TM, as well as the new Too Faced BB Cream, have nearly identical main ingredients (and formula) as the PC SMT, the difference being some added botanicals and the mica for illumination/glow. I am very impressed with the Pixi IT&C, it actually matches my fair skin tone (in the lightest shade) better than the PC SMT (in the lightest shade). It really does give a nice glow without sparkle. And, as a nice surprise, the concealer actually works very well on redness/acne spots and areas of melasma/discoloration that need more coverage. It will also help conceal eye circles in a pinch, though it's a bit too dry to be ideal for this purpose.
I am probably going to give the Too Faced version a try next simply because you get 50% more for nearly the same price. But I would definitely buy this again, even though it's a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been looking for a good TM for a while, and despite the good reviews on here I was hesitant to pick this one up because of the price; I figured for that much money I may as well head to a department store and get some professional advice. Too bad I hate department stores and don't like dealing with salespeople, so after exhausting the most likely drugstore options, I picked this up from Target. And I am so glad I did.

The coverage from this is light, probably about as much as everyday minerals but definitely more than other tinted moisturizers. It lasts me through a workday without touch-ups, and doesn't need a whole lot of powder to keep me from looking oily. This tinted moisturizer does a good job of evening my skin tone and covering up the redness in my cheeks without making it look like I have a mask on, which I appreciate. If I wanted to look completely flawless, I would need something a bit heavier, but this is perfect for everyday.

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is some shimmer to it. The first time I applied it, I thought it was a deal-breaker, but it wears off pretty quickly and isn't too obvious unless you are under direct light.

Packaging is a little annoying; I always end up opening the concealer when I am just trying to get to the TM. Besides that, it is hygienic and functional.

My skin has never met a liquid makeup that it likes, so the fact that I haven't broken out yet is something of a miracle. Obviously I will update if I do, but for now I have to say that Illuminating Tint & Conceal is awesome!

Edit: Now that it is springtime, the sparkles are definitely more noticeable. I think it looks fine and not too sparkly indoors (you will not be a disco ball under fluorescent office lights, I promise!), but in my car the other day I took a look at myself and was shocked to see glitter all over my face! I still like it, but I might consider using a different product for the spring and summer months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by mhanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG foundation for over a year, but a few months ago I started using it exclusively. I like it better then all the high-end dept store foundations and the very popular drug store brands as well. This works best if you have good skin and just want to even it out without heavy cover-up. The coverage is “sheer-medium”. The finish is dewy but I use powder to set it, so less shiny on me then other reviews have mentioned (I use Too Faced Primed and Poreless to set and it is perfect). I love that it looks fresh all day. To add to all the other raves about this product, it is perfect for business women who travel. It comes in a wonderful little tube (so no glass or pump). I apply a small pea size to my face directly with my fingers, so no brush or any mess with application. I do use the concealer in the cap, but not under my eyes as I find it cakey-so I use it to cover redness around my nose. I have had no issues with break outs or sensitivity. I can only find it at Target (its $30 USD, so not cheap) and it has become difficult to find since word has gotten out about how great this is. Whenever I find it I get two tubes. Not a huge color selection (I think only 4 shades). I use the darkest and it works well on my tan/olive skin, but the coverage is sheer enough that I think the shades can work with a wide variety of skin tones. The coverage really works for more “ahem” mature skin like mine. It does not settle into lines and does not make you look all haggard at the end of the day. I love the fact that it has 20 SPF! It claims to have ingredients to actually improve your skin. I am not sure if that is true, but I love it all the same. I definitely recommend this produce.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by bigblueeyes21

Although this product is VERY pricy, i think this is worth it!
Pros:
-Thin coverage, doesn't look cakey or fake
- Good packaging, but easy to open. Has good info on the back! :)
-Sparkly! (good and bad, ill get into that later)
- Easy to use
-Has a clean, not messy bottle
-Lasts a long time
-Is made from all natural ingredients, and is completely vegan.

Cons:
-is a little bit oily. Not at first, but i noticed that near the end of the day i had a little extra oil around my nose and forehead (where i put it the most).
-The sparkles sometimes get clogged in your pores and make you look shiny. Surprisingly, not so much on your face as on your hands.
-It doesnt moisturize your face that much. which, for me is a pro. I live in florida, a really humid place. So too much moisture makes my face WAYYY too oily.
- VERY expensive.
- After a while, it becomes clumpy, thick, and oily.

Overall, i would recommend this product to an extent. It works well at first, but eventually looses its "star quality". :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed a good tinted moisturizer when I didn't have time to paint myself up. The concealer is a bit to dry for my taste. I got the lightest shade and its a good match. My sister said it looked nice on me when I wore it one day. It it pricy for such a little amount of product but it well worth it.