October 21, 2014 | 1665 users online

Concealers - Urban Decay - 24/7 Concealer Pencil (all)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

The best concealer ever! Stays on and looks beautiful. One downside is you have to sharpen it. Not that big of a deal. But just something to consider. Works wonderful for pimples and redness. So high coverage and creamy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been searching high and low for a non-drugstore concealer (I finally got so frustrated with the fillers and crap in drugstore products that I decided to hell with it, and budget be damned, I'm getting some better stuff). My main purpose for concealer is covering up blemishes, large and small--and some busted blood vessels and sunspots around my face. I used Almay Clear Complexion liquid concealer (the wand) for the past few years, and it was nice, but the coverage wasn't great and I really prefer to use a brush to apply concealer...plus, like I said, I'm 30 now so I'm moving away from the drugstore stuff.

I was actually looking for a cream concealer (in a pot) to brush on. But I couldn't find one that was rated higher than a 3.5 or so on MUA...and I really have come to trust these reviews when it comes to makeup. I looked at Laura Mercier and Dermablend (was at Ulta), and they got pretty good reviews, but the lightest color in both was so orange/yellow against my skin!

I saw this (at Ulta) and quickly looked up the reviews on MUA on my phone. Lo and behold, it's rated very highly. I've recently started using a lot of other Urban Decay makeup, so I can't say I was surprised. It passed the MUA test, and it also lacks the ingredients I know break me out: Lauroyl Lysine (this is awful for us acne prone folks), shea butter, tons of oils, etc.

I got the lightest color, CIA. It was about $19 at Ulta.

I've worn it for two days now. It's got great coverage (especially for the pencil format--which I was initially wary of since the wax, etc. used to hold these and sticks together is sometimes problematic for acne-prone skin). It covers my enormous cystic acne blemishes pretty well, and my small sun spots and broken blood vessels. I can't even feel that I have concealer on, which is nice since a lot of moderate/full coverage ones smother me. It does stay on all day--though I've only worn it working from home, so I'm not sure how it will perform on the longer work days.

Best of all, no breakouts...doesn't appear to be clogging or caking or drying.

Hooray!

---update 2/25/14: stopped using this because the coverage wasn't enough for blemishes. Have switched to Clinique Advanced Concealer, which has better coverage for red marks and zits. It's also a bit cheaper.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by l0laxc0la

I really like this concealer now; I think it's my favorite that I own at the moment. It's creamy and covers a lot. I use it for red spots mostly because I prefer something a bit more liquidy under my eyes. It's a good value because you get a lot of product but the packaging is really dumb. They should make it a twist-up. It's a pencil that you have to sharpen, and I think you lose a lot of product that way. It's a nice buy, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Cecily8

I got this concealer last week. The concealer I go back to all the time is MAC prolongwear. However, it's quite messy because I have to mix two colours to get the right shade and it still shows in flash photography. I decided to try this after seeing a makeup guru talk about it. It's pretty good! the colour matches me well and the coverage is pretty good. I use it for undereyes. It does crease a little bit but not as much as Nars radiant creamy concealer. So overall, im really enjoying this! also takes me less time to blend than my MAC prolongwear. I hate the packaging like most of the reviewers. I didn't buy the grindhouse. i got a dual sharpener from Sephora and one side is for small pencils and one side is for bigger. I didn't have much problems using the sharpener but I still think it's a dumb idea. I wish they would change it to a twist up!! oeverall im happy but its only been a week....not sure if I will repurchase until I try it out for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by mangoAvey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's bomb

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Daisygiannetta

I have to start off with I love this concealer. I got the shade DEA and it matches my skin perfectly. I have tried multiple different concealers, those include covergirl and Maybelline, and I hated them. this concealer was completely worth the 19 dollars. I gave it 4 overall lippies because although it is great for spots and under my eyes it is a bit dry on my nose, like I find most concealers are. I gave the packaging 4 lippies because I love that it comes in a stick but I didn't really like that I had to buy the separate grind house sense its plastic and normal sharpeners wouldn't work. but sense ill be purchasing this concealer again, I went ahead and bought it. I gave the price 3 lippies, because it is more expesive than I would like to pay but its definitely not the most expensive out there. and like I said, its totally worth it and will be purchasing it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by aubreyreel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the product I have been hoping and looking for. I pick my skin compulsively (wish I didn't, but, hey), so I always have spots to cover. This product covers wonderfully and is very easy to use. Just dot it on all the spots and blend it in. It blends well, isn't cakey and has a matte finish.

My skin is oily, acne-prone, light-medium olive tone and NSA is perfect. Had I gone by Urban Decay's color guide, I would have gone with FBI, but I decided to go to the store and am glad I did. FBI would have been much too light.

The ONLY shortcoming is that you have to sharpen the pencil which 1) is hard to do, 2) you need a special sharpener (it is a VERY fat pencil and none of my regular sharpeners worked) and 3) can be messy and wasteful. It would be much better as a twist up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC42 and I use the shade DOD. Decent coverage, creamy, very easy to apply. Only negative about this is that it needs to be sharpened and a lot is wasted from it. They should manufacture the packaging to have a twist bottom like Loreal's concealer stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is a great product! For people with really fair skin tones this is brilliant, i got mine in the lightest shade and its even too pale for my very pale skin! The lightest shade is almost white, which conceals wonderfully and does remind me a little of MAC studio finish concealer. The only downfall to this product is the amount of product, you get this huge, metal pencil and a tiny pencil tip of product, i was duped into buying this thinking you could potentially get more product out of it/sharpen it/twist it up but you can't and its a real shame, this product only lasted two minutes for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not hydrating enough for dark circles, but an excellent spot concealer. I do so hate this packaging though- you waste product every time you sharpen.