July 31, 2014 | 1341 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh I LOVE this stuff and I can't believe it took me so long to try it. I have pretty clear skin but I scar easily, and the occasional hormonal breakout leaves me with ugly dark spots. I've tried every form of vitamin C on the market and nothing seemed to work. I had pretty much decided that vit c just wasn't the solution for me, then one day I bought this on a whim. I mix it in with either my serum or my moisturizer, morning and night, and within a week my scars were noticeably lighter. A week! We're talking scars that I have had for over six months in some cases, fading to the point where I no longer even need concealer. I am overjoyed! It is a little tingly and my skin is like iron, so sensitive skin beware, but everyone ought to at least try it. I'm in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xanastazia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seldom write reviews although I am an AVID Makeup Alley member for well over 5 years and I always come here first to get the true lowdown on any new product I want to try. I had to write this in the hope that maybe this review can help others as everyone's reviews on here have helped me throughout the years! Thanks to all you lovely members, you helped me discover this truly MIRACULOUS product- I have been using Philosophy's Turbo-C Booster consistently now for the past two weeks and within ONE use- I could see a dramatic difference in my skin's tone, clarity, smoothness, and color- I am honestly speechless that one product can make a world of difference so quickly! For the record, I have oily, acne-prone skin, that throughout the years, (40 to be exact), has developed much discoloration due to careless sunbathing in my youth. I have dark sun spots on my olive skin tone, along with old acne scars and general uneveness to my olive skin tone. I have always dreamed of having a smooth, clear skin tone but never thought I would ever achieve that. My skin has improved DRAMATICALLY in just a few uses- it truly "glows" and has evened out my skin tone, eradicated any existing acne (in fact I had a stubborn cystic spot that refused to go away for a month- it's now shrunk and is almost disappeared just from using this product!) I will never go without this! Thank you to all my fellow Makeup Alley members whose reviews helped me discover this product! I hope my review can help any future members who are curious as to the effectiveness of this product- in my personal opinion and results, without a shadow of a doubt- I say-BUY this!! You won't be disappointed!! :)

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have loved every Philosophy product I've ever tried; they are basically the only ones that work without irritating my sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin. I use When Hope is Not Enough serum, Hope in a Jar moisturizer and Help Me topical retinol treatment every day, and the regimen has done amazing things for my skin. Based on the rave reviews for this product, I purchased with high hopes and used a couple of times mixed with Hope in a Jar. Unfortunately, it stung on application and caused some lingering sensitivity/irritation.

Given that my skin is already pretty good, I didn't think it was worth pushing past the initial week of discomfort to see what this product could really do. If you have sensitive skin that you're pretty happy with, this product may not be the best investment. I may try this again if I experience changes in texture or complexion down the road and get really desperate, but I will not be using this in the immediate future. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jaunesurrealiste

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Other reviewers have described how this product is used, that you need very little and so the bottle lasts a long time, how it's a fresh and nicely versatile product because it's a powdered form of C, etc. I just wanted to chime in that Turbo Booster C really, really works. The first time I used it, my skin instantly looked brighter, clearer and actually radiant. It didn't take away my imperfections but it made the skin I do have look so much fresher and more beautiful. On the second day, I got a bunch of compliments at work and by the fourth day even my husband noticed (LOL) and said I was glowing.

This product has a moderate vitamin-y smell to it that I don't like so well but it is so tolerable compared with how efficacious it is! Two years ago I tried Ole Henriksen Truth Serum... two bottle's worth... and never noticed results like I have with Turbo Booster C. I'm glad I gave vitamin C another chance and so very happy that I found this product.

10/6/13 edited to add: It's 6 months later and I just opened my third bottle of Turbo Booster C. I continue to be impressed every single day at what this product does for my skin's health and beauty. Absolute HG love!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by gbetzold

This product is amazing!! You mix it with your serum, moisturizer, or SPF in the morning (I put it in my nightly moisturizer as well). It stings like hell the first few times you use it, but eventually your skin adjusts (I stopped using the scoop, so maybe I was using a bit more than directed). After using it only a week, my face became super bright and my acne scars faded significantly. Any pimples I had seemed to disappear quickly or become a whitehead so I could manually get rid of them. This stuff is great and lasts quite awhile. The brown glass protects the sensitive nature of the ascorbic acid, so it won't go bad (still, I would leave it in your medicine cabinet to protect it from direct sunlight). The price isn't outrageous considering the results, but I wouldn't call it reasonable either. Anyway, you definitely need to pick some up. It should be a staple in everyone's regime.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Ducky8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product. I have used a homemade vitamin c serum for a while and have had great results. I bought pure vitamin c powder (l-ascorbic acid) from whole foods (HUGE tub for $20) and would mix half a teaspoon into my moisturizer at night. MUCH brighter skin, decreased acne scars/sun spots, better texture and quicker healing of breakouts.

The downside was that the homemade serum was sticky and definitely couldn't be used during the day under makeup.

I decided to try the philosophy product hoping that it would have a more unnoticeable texture so I could use it during the day and would produce the same results. Unfortunately, it is also quite sticky and did not produce nearly the same results as the one I made at home. I'm guessing this is because it has a lower concentration of vitamin c than what I was getting by making it myself. It also broke me out. I tried and retried several times and unfortunately it always had this effect. I dont think it's the vitamin c, as I don't have issues with the homemade version, but maybe one of the other ingredients in the product that causes the breakouts. I'm going to just use it on my hands and decolletage until I use up the rest of the product and definitely won't be repurchasing.

Anyway, if you are having this problem with breaking out from this product, or you are just seeking a cheaper alternative I highly recommend just buying pure l-ascorbic acid powder instead.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by StevenC

I CANNOT live without this product!! I recently made the move to the philippines from australia and my combination acne prone skin completely freaked out to the tropical climate, and also suffered from the pollution of the city.

This stuff not only cleared my skin of all those pesky little whiteheads (i only very rarely get acne/cysts anymore) but literally makes my skin glow!. I simply mix in a scoop of it with my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum before application twice a day

The only thing is the price but then again beauty should come at a price ...... I seem to be powering through the stuff real quick though, perhaps I will reduce usage to one once a day and see how I go, either way this stuff is a total lifesaver

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, Love, LOVE this stuff! It is totally HG status! I just at 1 scoop to my spf in the morning and it has made my skins eve, smooth, and clear. I never go 1 day w/o this. If you are looking to make your skin more even and clear out pore PLUS get great antioxidant protection pick this up! 1 scoop a day lasts me about 9 months so the price is good for how long it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product has made a visible difference to my skin. My skin is more even toned and more clear.
First some info about my skin: slighty sensitive, dehydrated, clog prone, combination (oily t-zone, normal cheeks).
Since I made some diet changes I have no more break-outs (cut out dairy, reduced sugar, added omega 3), but I still suffered from unsightly blackheads and sebacious filaments on my nose and chin. My nose has been referred to as a 'strawberry' nose. I've tried everything to get rid of them: pore strips, gelatin mask, aha, bha, oil cleansing, honey, clarisonic, etc. Nothing really worked.
Before I tried this product I started with just adding some l-ascorbic acid to my serum (in the exact same way as you use this). The problem with that was that a) it was difficult to measure out the right amount and b) it took a couple of minutes for the powder to dissolve. Because of those two reasons I just didn't use it consistently and so I saw no difference.
When I purchased this product, I actually just purchased it for the convenient little spoon that comes with it, thinking I'd just refill the bottle with l-ascorbic acid when I finished it. However, I fell in love with the ease of using this product. This vitamin c dissolves instantly in my serum. It literally only takes seconds, whereas I used to have to wait minutes with my regular vitamin c powder. It might seem trivial and spoiled, but this just makes it so much easier to use that I now actually do use this consistently.

Results: my skin is brighter, smoother, more even toned and above all, clearer. I used to have some small whiteheads that have sort of 'opened' up into blackheads first and then just disappeared. The sebacious filaments/blackheads (I'm still not certain what they are) are a lot less apparent.

One thing that's very important though, is that this only works if I use it consistently for a long time. I did not notice a difference right away, not even after a week or even two. It was after about a month that I started noticing a difference. Because consistency is such an important factor for the way it works, I will repurchase this product when I run out instead of just refilling the bottle with l-ascorbic acid. I just find this so much easier to use that it makes the difference for me in wether or not I use it every single day.

Bottom line: if you're low on cash or just don't want to spend this much, you could get the same results with much cheaper plain l-ascorbic acid. However, if you are lazy like me and find the time it needs to dissolve a hassle, this product is really worth getting. The rest of my skincare routine is very cheap, so I don't feel bad about splurging on this.

How I apply: I apply this at night and I mix one full spoon in with my serum. I stir it a little with a knuckle of my finger, it disolves right away, and I apply it to my face. I do not stir it with the tip of my finger, because I found out this stains my nails yellow! I could use the end of the spoon to stir as well, but I find it then takes longer to dissolve. I guess the warmth of my finger makes it dissolve faster. Afterwards I apply either nothing or my nightcream (plain old vaseline).

Overall, I think this is a great product that actually works and makes a visible difference to my skin. I'm happy with the results and I will repurchase this in a hearbeat.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by candibubblz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing after using two WHOLE bottles of this product. The first time around went well. Then I finished it and used other products. After some time, I got a discount card at sephora to use, and I decided to try this stuff again. I am glad I did! I am wondering why I didn't review this good little product the first go 'round.

I am sure you've heard, but it's a little jar with power in it. You use the scoop to add this to your lotion and put it on your face.

I use this about every other day. I am trying to make it last! I use one level scoop and add it to my lotion in the morning.

It stings just in little places and not even that bad...

now the results:
I find my skin to be more smooth, clear, and my post-acne marks diminished. I can def tell the difference and so could my mom.

I've noticed that I also use less make up/cover up on my face and I have less blemishes than I did before.

I recommend! It is a little pricey - but It lasts awhile and I personally think the results are worth it.