December 18, 2014 | 1559 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I have to say I loved what this product did for my skin- right until it broke me out. When mixed with my moisturizer (I used Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream) it made my skin positively glowy and radiant- instantly! I thought I had found an HG product for sure. And then 3 or 4 days later I had about ten whiteheads on my cheeks, and I never break out on my cheeks. I discontinued use immediately and my skin cleared up.
I am still new to vitamin C skincare products and am figuring out what my skin likes and doesn't like. I know there are different types of topical vitamin C (MAP, SAP, L-AA) and that these products are very YMMV. I used a MAP-based serum in the past and loved the results. This powder is L-AA. So, obviously, I've decided to steer clear of L-AA products in the future. But just because this product isn't for me doesn't mean that it's bad or that I wouldn't recommend it to others. But I still can't give more than three lippies to a product that broke me out.
Would I buy it again? No.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BEST TREATMENT PRODUCT I EVER USE!Currently I am using perricone vitamin c ester 15 but the price tag on this vitamin c ester is too much for me to handle..I came upon this products through MUA and it seen that there are quite many good review on this product..I have acne prone and dehydrated skin..I have reddish acne scarring on my cheeks and no matter how much I try to conceal with makeup it always look damn obvious..So i decided to give this a product a try..I am quite worry because it has high concentrated VC and I am afraid that it will give me stinging sensation/redness on skin but i am so happy that it give me nothing but radiance and smoother complexion..i am so amaze because when I finish putting on my foundation,my skin texture look so smooth and i need not apply many layer of foundation just to hide my acne marks..i have only use the product for 3 days and the result is so satisfying...I use my perricone blue plasma first,after 20 min i mix the powder with my apivita hydration serum...best combination ever...i will update again just in case some product is like so good at the beginning but it sucks after few month of usage..i am really counting on this product to solve my scarring problemm..finger cross..

UPDATE 26/10/2013 :I promise that I will do a update after using the vitamin c booster for almost 3 weeks!Firstly I want to say this products is marvelous without makeup my skin looks radiant and with makeup my skin look smooth and flawless!I have red and brown scar from acne,it did not really lighten my red scar tremendously but for the brown ones it disappear after 3 weeks use.I am quite pleased with the result so I hope with long time use it will help to clear up my skin or improve my complexion =)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by deZire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with you ladies, this stuff is amazing, I don't think you can get a more stable vitamin c. Its fresh every time you use it. I have become a vitamin c junkie since I saw the review on vitamin c on the doctor oz show. Dermatologist on the show said the one thing they recommend besides sunscreen is Vitamin C, 10% - 10%. My two favorites are Philosophy Booster C powder and OST original vitamin c20. I use vitamin c every morning before sun screen, and every night. I combine this booster c with the Whine serum. It can be combined with any moisturizer or serum. Protects against free radical damage, brightens the skin and gives it a glow, and firms the skin. Just recently purchased the philosophy skincare antioxidant powerhouse duo from QVC , which consist of the whine serum and Booster C, for 49.00, cant beat that price. Love this duo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG alert!!! This stuff really lets my skin glow like nobody's business. It's easy to use and the effect is overwhelming. I bought this powder because of a youtuber's review who has the most gorgeous skin who recommended to mix it with St. Ives Timeless skin moisturizer. The result is a serum like texture that I apply on my whole face and neck. the moment I put it on my face I feel intense moisture and my skin looks fresh and rosy, it looks so healthy and beautiful but the real miracle for me is that the redness around my nose and blackheads are a lot less obvious (!) and my skin stays like this the whole day. If I wasn't such a makeup junkie I could throw a lot of products away that promise this subtile glow from within but of course I will use them up for facial masks. This is the only product in my huge collection that truly delivers without breaking the bank or using high maintence gadgets/ masks or costly procedures.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh I LOVE this stuff and I can't believe it took me so long to try it. I have pretty clear skin but I scar easily, and the occasional hormonal breakout leaves me with ugly dark spots. I've tried every form of vitamin C on the market and nothing seemed to work. I had pretty much decided that vit c just wasn't the solution for me, then one day I bought this on a whim. I mix it in with either my serum or my moisturizer, morning and night, and within a week my scars were noticeably lighter. A week! We're talking scars that I have had for over six months in some cases, fading to the point where I no longer even need concealer. I am overjoyed! It is a little tingly and my skin is like iron, so sensitive skin beware, but everyone ought to at least try it. I'm in love!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xanastazia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I seldom write reviews although I am an AVID Makeup Alley member for well over 5 years and I always come here first to get the true lowdown on any new product I want to try. I had to write this in the hope that maybe this review can help others as everyone's reviews on here have helped me throughout the years! Thanks to all you lovely members, you helped me discover this truly MIRACULOUS product- I have been using Philosophy's Turbo-C Booster consistently now for the past two weeks and within ONE use- I could see a dramatic difference in my skin's tone, clarity, smoothness, and color- I am honestly speechless that one product can make a world of difference so quickly! For the record, I have oily, acne-prone skin, that throughout the years, (40 to be exact), has developed much discoloration due to careless sunbathing in my youth. I have dark sun spots on my olive skin tone, along with old acne scars and general uneveness to my olive skin tone. I have always dreamed of having a smooth, clear skin tone but never thought I would ever achieve that. My skin has improved DRAMATICALLY in just a few uses- it truly "glows" and has evened out my skin tone, eradicated any existing acne (in fact I had a stubborn cystic spot that refused to go away for a month- it's now shrunk and is almost disappeared just from using this product!) I will never go without this! Thank you to all my fellow Makeup Alley members whose reviews helped me discover this product! I hope my review can help any future members who are curious as to the effectiveness of this product- in my personal opinion and results, without a shadow of a doubt- I say-BUY this!! You won't be disappointed!! :)

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have loved every Philosophy product I've ever tried; they are basically the only ones that work without irritating my sensitive, dry, acne-prone skin. I use When Hope is Not Enough serum, Hope in a Jar moisturizer and Help Me topical retinol treatment every day, and the regimen has done amazing things for my skin. Based on the rave reviews for this product, I purchased with high hopes and used a couple of times mixed with Hope in a Jar. Unfortunately, it stung on application and caused some lingering sensitivity/irritation.

Given that my skin is already pretty good, I didn't think it was worth pushing past the initial week of discomfort to see what this product could really do. If you have sensitive skin that you're pretty happy with, this product may not be the best investment. I may try this again if I experience changes in texture or complexion down the road and get really desperate, but I will not be using this in the immediate future. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jaunesurrealiste

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Other reviewers have described how this product is used, that you need very little and so the bottle lasts a long time, how it's a fresh and nicely versatile product because it's a powdered form of C, etc. I just wanted to chime in that Turbo Booster C really, really works. The first time I used it, my skin instantly looked brighter, clearer and actually radiant. It didn't take away my imperfections but it made the skin I do have look so much fresher and more beautiful. On the second day, I got a bunch of compliments at work and by the fourth day even my husband noticed (LOL) and said I was glowing.

This product has a moderate vitamin-y smell to it that I don't like so well but it is so tolerable compared with how efficacious it is! Two years ago I tried Ole Henriksen Truth Serum... two bottle's worth... and never noticed results like I have with Turbo Booster C. I'm glad I gave vitamin C another chance and so very happy that I found this product.

10/6/13 edited to add: It's 6 months later and I just opened my third bottle of Turbo Booster C. I continue to be impressed every single day at what this product does for my skin's health and beauty. Absolute HG love!

08/14/14 edited again: I still lots of compliments on my skin, which is by no means perfect, but I'm 45, don't wear makeup and people regularly ask me what I use on my skin. There's no substiute for a good diet, hydration and exercise, BUT this product really keeps my skin luminous, evens out skintone, and builds collagen so fine lines fade and my skin seems plumper. You owe it to yourself to at least try this and see if it works for you!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by gbetzold

This product is amazing!! You mix it with your serum, moisturizer, or SPF in the morning (I put it in my nightly moisturizer as well). It stings like hell the first few times you use it, but eventually your skin adjusts (I stopped using the scoop, so maybe I was using a bit more than directed). After using it only a week, my face became super bright and my acne scars faded significantly. Any pimples I had seemed to disappear quickly or become a whitehead so I could manually get rid of them. This stuff is great and lasts quite awhile. The brown glass protects the sensitive nature of the ascorbic acid, so it won't go bad (still, I would leave it in your medicine cabinet to protect it from direct sunlight). The price isn't outrageous considering the results, but I wouldn't call it reasonable either. Anyway, you definitely need to pick some up. It should be a staple in everyone's regime.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Ducky8989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product. I have used a homemade vitamin c serum for a while and have had great results. I bought pure vitamin c powder (l-ascorbic acid) from whole foods (HUGE tub for $20) and would mix half a teaspoon into my moisturizer at night. MUCH brighter skin, decreased acne scars/sun spots, better texture and quicker healing of breakouts.

The downside was that the homemade serum was sticky and definitely couldn't be used during the day under makeup.

I decided to try the philosophy product hoping that it would have a more unnoticeable texture so I could use it during the day and would produce the same results. Unfortunately, it is also quite sticky and did not produce nearly the same results as the one I made at home. I'm guessing this is because it has a lower concentration of vitamin c than what I was getting by making it myself. It also broke me out. I tried and retried several times and unfortunately it always had this effect. I dont think it's the vitamin c, as I don't have issues with the homemade version, but maybe one of the other ingredients in the product that causes the breakouts. I'm going to just use it on my hands and decolletage until I use up the rest of the product and definitely won't be repurchasing.

Anyway, if you are having this problem with breaking out from this product, or you are just seeking a cheaper alternative I highly recommend just buying pure l-ascorbic acid powder instead.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No