July 30, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Jordana's lipstick is great & comes in great colors - some are pretty unusual, too, which I really like. The color on your mouth is the color in the tube, which is also rather unusual.
They generally stay put for aeons, but some are a bit dry & stiff.
Rosette (#050) is one of my faves. It's a shrill & wonderful pink that stays on all night, so I don't mind at all that it's sort of dry.

I love them - I get at least a couple every time I visit the dollar store!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the color Cranberry Mix. This is really quite nice. So, the packaging is cheap plastic, but the product itself is quite good--a pearly cream lipstick with a fairly heavy, not glossy-feeling, texture. There is a strong berry-like scent I don't particularly like, but I can live with it. The lipstick itself is richly pigmented. It is a medium-toned plummy red with a fine shimmer. I have rather lined, perpetually chapped lips, so I need to have my lips in pretty good condition for this to look its best. It's pretty intense full strength--good for a night out. But while I like bright colors, I'm sort of an actual wimp wearing bright colors on my face, so I blot this so it has more of a stain effect. This is my first Jordana lipstick and I am pretty pleased with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

So far I have 2 Jordana lipsticks--Earth and Copper Penny, and I absolutely love them. For only $1.49, I was initially skeptical of the quality and the color of these lipsticks, but I was very quickly won over when I tried on these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and the colors are absolutely lovely--not to mention that there's a great color selection to choose from. They don't go on as smoothly as I'd like but for the price and the color, I don't really mind. You can purchase these online at jordanacosmetics.com and cherryculture.com. I will definitely be trying out more shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sorry to say the main no no for me concerning this product is that its just too drying for my lips it looked terrible on me. The others bad things are the same that you would expect a cheap l/s to have : has a scent, colors are pretty but just average, some pearly, shimmery, matte, plastic case just not good enough. If you are okay with theses facts go ahead buy them but they are just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

here in nz u can find jordana at two-dollar shops everywhere! since im nt realli a big lipstick person (i mean, wats da point of puttin sumthin on dats gona cme off so easily n its jst a hassle havin 2 reapply every 10mins lol), i wasnt quite keen 2 folk ot n get mac lipsticks or even revlon 4 dat matter (as revlons kinda expensive here).wen i was checkin ot da jordana stand i was amazed at hw many nice colors thr wer! i restraind myself frm gettin all da shades i lyk at once (altho i am totally goin bak n gettin dem all), i pickd up honey sugar n honey spice. Dey r very similiar in shades, both r of a realli nice nudey color (my kinda lip look!), but sugar honeys mre matt n sugar spice has mre shimmer in it. seriously dey both look so nice on n can b worn everyday or 2 parties paired wif nice eye make up. i no sum ppl always say dat dey r kinda dryin however i always apply a lip balm underneath so it has never bn a problem 4 me. plus lately i am kinda keen 2 melt a bit of da lipstik n mix it wif a lip balm n make my own tintd lip balm as i reckn its gona look so pretty n i will def get mre use outta it. in terms of da scent, it smells realli lipstick-y if dat makes any sorta sense at all, bt u cn hardly smell it wen its on ur lips. dey r just so flatterin n nice! oh n sumhw dey make ur lips look really full 2 which is randm lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I bought Jordana lipstick on holiday red it's a pink red beautifull
color I loved it .I decided to try thier normal lipstick after I had
tried their matte lipstick which was fantastic. the formula is very
soft & has nice fruity smell the staying power is amazing
I love is so much & I will definitly try it again. the only bad thing
is I bought it for 4.50 $ as Jordana is sold in my country for
much higher price than the USA

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2009 6:22:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

I like the color code 179 -All Spicy..So damn cheap, but it wasn't something that i was looking for in a quality. So dry, it cracked on my lips, not a comfortable feeling. I only bought it for make-up practice at my course, but for daily wear, definitely not

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

This review is for the InColor and regular line. I was going to try the Matte lipsticks, but when I tested them they were gummy and icky. >_< Probably too old.

I got five lipsticks, at 10-15 QAR each (around $3-4). It sucks they aren't under a dollar like in the US, but these are relatively cheap, with the next cheapest being Rimmel and Maybelline at a price range of (converted) $8-10.

I got LS-128 Nude, which is a great rosey-nude (slight orange) color. Then two back-ups for Jordana InColor in "195 South Beach", which, a month ago I first picked up and tossed into my basket on a whim, and fell in love with, so I bought two more because I'm afraid of running out. It's a shimmery red. Imagine my dismay/annoyance when I bought a Revlon Goldpearl Plum for 4x the price and got home to discover that they were similar shades!! I think South Beach has a peach tinge, whereas the Revlon is more of a deep red.

Also got the shade "190 Milani Sunrise" (InColor), which is a sheer, peach-pink with golden shimmer which I plan to use with lots of gloss for a fun summer look. From the regular line, I got LS-175 Coco Malt, a brownish mauve.

I was also eyeing the following: 1) Mauve Merengue, a mauvey brown. 2) Bahama Bronze, which I read was similar to the MAC O lipstick 3) Copper Penny, a bronzey red. 4) Matte Mystery. And two or three more shades... There are just so many great colors! I think I'll come back for more.

I love Jordana, but one lippie off because: They can be drying, but lipbalm helps. The smell is also a bit perfumey/waxey, and strong for some shades like South Beach, but I use a sweet smelling lipgloss on top so that's what I smell most of the time.

All in all, not a bad option. Brands like Wet n Wild or NYX or Milani aren't available here, so for the meantime, Jordana is a great way to satisfy my lipstick fix without breaking the bank.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by krackatoa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i bought my first tube of jordana lipstick yesterday and i am in love! at first when i put on the lipstick it was a little cakey, but then i took it off and then applied some lip balm first and it worked wonderfully. they come a different array of colors and at only 1 dollar a piece, so i going back to get more!

_______

i got myself more colors in nude, natural, malibu, barely pink and pink passion and i am in love with all the colors!