October 25, 2014 | 1328 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Although I've found Jordana powder cosmetics to be promising, I've only ever met disappointment with their lipsticks. The color selection and the difference between shade in the tube and shade on the lips reminds me of the bad old days of Wet'Wild when it seemed like everything on the rack was carried-over 80's colors and picking a lipstick was almost a shot in the dark because looking at the tube or the little color dots didn't equip you for even an educated guess at what the stuff would look like when you put it on.

A couple days ago I bought 014 Cherry, and 105 Radiant Red. Despite looking like a deep red in the tube Cherry was hot pink. Radiant Red wasn't quite so bad, a bright true red reminiscent of MAC Russian Red. Based on the alliteration of the names I'd guess this is deliberate but it's not a very good dupe -- NYC Retro Red does it much better in staying power, vividness and texture.

Both lipsticks had a strong, awful, undistinguished sort of preteen-berry scent to them.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2011 3:00:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I find these much too waxy and dry. Emphasizes every line of the lips, extremely unflattering.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Jordana's lipstick is great & comes in great colors - some are pretty unusual, too, which I really like. The color on your mouth is the color in the tube, which is also rather unusual.
They generally stay put for aeons, but some are a bit dry & stiff.
Rosette (#050) is one of my faves. It's a shrill & wonderful pink that stays on all night, so I don't mind at all that it's sort of dry.

I love them - I get at least a couple every time I visit the dollar store!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the color Cranberry Mix. This is really quite nice. So, the packaging is cheap plastic, but the product itself is quite good--a pearly cream lipstick with a fairly heavy, not glossy-feeling, texture. There is a strong berry-like scent I don't particularly like, but I can live with it. The lipstick itself is richly pigmented. It is a medium-toned plummy red with a fine shimmer. I have rather lined, perpetually chapped lips, so I need to have my lips in pretty good condition for this to look its best. It's pretty intense full strength--good for a night out. But while I like bright colors, I'm sort of an actual wimp wearing bright colors on my face, so I blot this so it has more of a stain effect. This is my first Jordana lipstick and I am pretty pleased with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

So far I have 2 Jordana lipsticks--Earth and Copper Penny, and I absolutely love them. For only $1.49, I was initially skeptical of the quality and the color of these lipsticks, but I was very quickly won over when I tried on these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and the colors are absolutely lovely--not to mention that there's a great color selection to choose from. They don't go on as smoothly as I'd like but for the price and the color, I don't really mind. You can purchase these online at jordanacosmetics.com and cherryculture.com. I will definitely be trying out more shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by adrota

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sorry to say the main no no for me concerning this product is that its just too drying for my lips it looked terrible on me. The others bad things are the same that you would expect a cheap l/s to have : has a scent, colors are pretty but just average, some pearly, shimmery, matte, plastic case just not good enough. If you are okay with theses facts go ahead buy them but they are just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

here in nz u can find jordana at two-dollar shops everywhere! since im nt realli a big lipstick person (i mean, wats da point of puttin sumthin on dats gona cme off so easily n its jst a hassle havin 2 reapply every 10mins lol), i wasnt quite keen 2 folk ot n get mac lipsticks or even revlon 4 dat matter (as revlons kinda expensive here).wen i was checkin ot da jordana stand i was amazed at hw many nice colors thr wer! i restraind myself frm gettin all da shades i lyk at once (altho i am totally goin bak n gettin dem all), i pickd up honey sugar n honey spice. Dey r very similiar in shades, both r of a realli nice nudey color (my kinda lip look!), but sugar honeys mre matt n sugar spice has mre shimmer in it. seriously dey both look so nice on n can b worn everyday or 2 parties paired wif nice eye make up. i no sum ppl always say dat dey r kinda dryin however i always apply a lip balm underneath so it has never bn a problem 4 me. plus lately i am kinda keen 2 melt a bit of da lipstik n mix it wif a lip balm n make my own tintd lip balm as i reckn its gona look so pretty n i will def get mre use outta it. in terms of da scent, it smells realli lipstick-y if dat makes any sorta sense at all, bt u cn hardly smell it wen its on ur lips. dey r just so flatterin n nice! oh n sumhw dey make ur lips look really full 2 which is randm lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

I bought Jordana lipstick on holiday red it's a pink red beautifull
color I loved it .I decided to try thier normal lipstick after I had
tried their matte lipstick which was fantastic. the formula is very
soft & has nice fruity smell the staying power is amazing
I love is so much & I will definitly try it again. the only bad thing
is I bought it for 4.50 $ as Jordana is sold in my country for
much higher price than the USA