January 30, 2015 | 899 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupandcupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this lip balm was going to be the best lipbalm ever after reading the reviews but it wasn't! The smell is very nice and light, vanilla with a hint of rose which was very nice. It didn't make my lips soft and smooth at all! It was just like any regular lipbalm! It was not that thick also. I was expecting the thickness of Nivea olive oil and lemon but this as very light, like a film on your lips. It didn't absorb at all either!mi would not recommend nor repurchasing!m

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Eliiiiissaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go-to lip balm. I keep one in my bag all the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i generally like nivea lip products. this one was okay. it's not that special. i prefer the chapstick brand and burts bees to this. it doesn't soothe dry lips. when the seasons transition from fall to winter, my lips get so dry. this just gives me a subtle shine. it makes my lips soft but it's not completely moisturizing. i wouldn't recommend this for someone who has very dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favorite balm for dry, cracked lips. After one day without lip balm my lips will split down the center. Nivea Kiss of Moisture prevents that and is super soothing/healing to my lips if they are chapped or split. Love the packaging as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I bought this in a 2-pack at CVS after hearing great things about the line, but being disappointed by A Kiss of Shimmer. I REALLY like it. The smell is pleasant and the feeling on my lips is very nice. I wouldn't wear it under lipstick, as it's a bit too thick for that. But it has definitely made a HUGE difference in my lips, which were almost always chapped. Very nice! My only complaint is the packaging. It looks nice enough, but when you roll it up and apply it, if you're not careful to hold it just right, it will roll back down into the tube. If that makes sense? It's a little annoying, but wouldn't keep me from repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by katiepoodle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product disappointed me. It smells nice, has lovely packaging, and gives a subtle gloss. However I don't think it actually soothes dry lips. It dried mine out more. So if you want a nice gloss, go for this, but if you need hydration, try again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This balm is great. I love the packaging, it is so much cleaner than normal chapsticks. A lot of people have claimed that this product wears off fast, but I disagree. I often wake up mid-way through the night and I can always feel this balm still on my lips. Anyway, I just love how moisturizing this is. Feels great. And Lisa Eldridge loves it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this one. My all time favorite. It is the one in the dark blue container. It is by far the most hydrating out of all of them. It does however leave a shine on your lips. It also seems to moisturize longer then any of the other ones. The consistency is also softer, so be careful you don't leave it in your car or it will melt. I put it on before I go to bed and my lips feel great when I wake up. I really love this one. No real odor or taste that I can think of. Every Ulta used to carry it, now only select Ulta's carry it to my dismay. You can find it in drugstores pretty easily however. If you have dry lips I highly recommend this one. It was recommended to me by someone else and I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

I hate strongly scented/flavored balms, including mint, and I'm allergic to chemical spf agents so the market is somewhat narrowed for me when all I want is a good, moisturizing, pleasant balm. This balm has become my staple because of how widely available it is, no guessing whether I'll be in the neighborhood of the only store that carries it or whether I'm going to open it and be ambushed with some kind of candy scent or flavor.

It's faintly scented with something vaguely vanilla-floral but that fades very quickly once it's applied. The texture is a great balance of richness and slip -- not oily and thin, but also not waxy like Chapstick. It leaves a faint satin sheen that makes my lips look a little nicer at no-makeup times. The package is ugly, but sturdy with no annoying stickers or labels to gradually peel away and get grubby at the edges, and no ridges on the twist part to collect dirt. It does a great job of softening and moisturizing.

I do find it a little overly pricy for a staple lip balm, and the frustrating thing is that even buying it in multipacks from Amazon doesn't lower the price dramatically. I only buy it on sale -- won't pay more than the BOGO1/2 price for it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MeghanJoAnna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Nivea products but this one failed to impress me. When applied, it feels very "wet" I guess you could say. After 15-20 minutes, it wears off & my lips feel no different than before i put it on. Not very moisturizing.

I have other Nivea lip balms/butters that do a much better job.