September 20, 2014 | 1885 users online

Cleansers - A'kin Rose and Geranium Cleanser and Toner in One

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by dsbbhome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I kid you not when I say that this is the best natural Cream cleanser on the market. I have been using natural skincare exclusively for the last five years. I love Suki and Trilogy cream cleansers, but my face doesn't feel clean after washing with the other cleansers. With the A'kin my face feels really clean but not stripped (squeeky clean). The ingredients are top notch. The packaging, althought not fancy, is serviceable (plastic tube). But, the best is that you get a 225ml tube for around $20. You will only need a small amount to cleanse with (pea sized) so this cleanser will last for quite a while. It does not remove waterproof mascara, so I suggest using a makeup remover first (Beauty without Cruelty makes an inexpensive one that works!).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by JanM

This is a really lovely cleanser. I bought this because I fancied a different cleanser to use as an alternative to my beloved Eve Lom.

This cleanser has all the components I love, it is rich and creamy, and can be massaged around the skin without sinking into the skin and taking it and all the makeup/pollutants in with it. It is easily removed and can be rinsed off, it does not leave behind a film on my skin.

I have oily/combination, sensitive skin, with red cheeks and jawline spots. This soothes and comforts my skin with no reaction, I can use it around my eyes with no problems.

It is a good price at £12.99 for 225mls and I like the fact that it is not a pump dispenser - I like to decide how much I want to use at a time thankyou very much!

It does have a rose scent, but it is not too much and as a person who is not a particular fan of rose, it is fine for me.

An all round winner and a definate repurchase for me.

*Update* Feb 2010 - I still like and use this cleanser, but I have reduced the lippies to 4, maybe it is me, but I can't seem to get this one right, if I put too little on, it sinks straight into the skin, and if I put too much on, it leaves a greasy residue which does not come off easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by luvtea

This cleanser smells really good but leaves a film on my face after cleansing. It gives me the feeling that my face isn't really well cleanser. Doesn't dries my skin but it gives me black and white heads on my cheeks. Might be the shea butter? I'm not too sure. I pass it on to my boyfriend after half a bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by SkekTek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

L.O.V.E. this product. I have sensitive skin that can get slightly oily in summer (humid climate) and quite dry in winter. This is my HG product for winter, it is creamy and smoothes on beautifully with a lovely rose scent. The scent is quite strong so if you are not keen on rose it's probably not for you. It is very moisturising and calms my skin very well during the dry winters we have in Australia, although I wouldn't suggest using it in summer unless you live in a cooler region or have very dry skin. The only downside of this product is that it lasts for a maximum of a year, at which point you really need to throw it out because it goes bad. But it's because of all the beautiful natural ingredients in it so it's not all bad ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by babymoonface87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

so far, excellent!!!!
am in LOVE with the rose smell, very old fashioned and pretty.
love the texture, my dry skin laps this up.
will update later, but for now, another heavenly a'kin product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by RedT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this cleanser! I was a devotee of Liz Earleís Cleanse & Polish which I still love but am finding just a bit too expensive for the amount you get in a tube and the amount I need to use to remove makeup etc.

Aíkin is all natural, works wonderfully and is available in the UK for £12.25 for a humungous 200ml bottle! Luckily I also found that itís stocked in a local health food store so I donít have to schlep into London anymore!

There is definitely a strong smell to this cleaner but itís the smell of real roses so I donít mind it so much. You only need a small amount, it will take off eye makeup (although I use a separate cleanser, just personal choice) and it removes every scrap of facial makeup. It leaves the skin feeling so soft and comfortable, not at all dry or tight. I love the fact that there are no chemicals or additives in this product, Iím gradually trying to use fewer chemicals in my skincare so finding Aíkin has been wonderful!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I fully agree with Nougat. very good, creamy cleanser and 100% natural. Better than Annemarie Borlind which is somewhat runnier.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by nougat

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser - have repurchased many times. I have dry, mature skin and I find it works well as a cleanser. Doesn't dry my skin or increase my flakies :lol:

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by juli086

I am now on my 4 tube of this cleanser. i love the fact that it contains no chemicals. it is also very economical. you can either rinse off with water or cotton wool. i prefer to take of with water or you get left with a rich feel. you only need a very small amount. i feel it smells natural but it is quite strong. if your skin is sensitive to fragrance this might not be suitable. it leaves my skin soft and it removes all my makeup and it has not broke me out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is lovely and creamy and is great for my dry skin, and unlike a lot of cleansers designed for dry skin, it does a decent job of cleansing although it doesn't give a deep clean. If I've been wearing sunscreen or more makeup, then I'll either exfoliate afterwards or wash with the cream twice. It still cleanses more effectively than Cetaphil though. I like using this as it's all natural and I don't need to worry about petrochemicals or additives, etc. I like the fact that the bottle is stored on it's cap so that I can get as much product out of the bottle as possible, with a good control nozzle so that there's no leakage. I tend to use this on and off though because of the cloying rose scent, and I'd give this a higher rating if not for that.