April 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I completely agree with the previous review. I got a small sample and really liked how i smoothed out my skin and made foundation glide on. It def made my makeup stay on longer but having been exposed to MUFE's bottles, I'm not a big fan of not knowing how much product is left and that the pump is really hard to use when you get to the bottom of the bottles.

I would want a bigger sample to try and give it another shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by LilWoodSprite

I liked this & thought I had found a primer I could stick with but it is making me break out. The search continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used this in conjunction with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Both were samples from Sephora.

Having tried a number of primers (my HG NARS Pro Prime, BE Primer, MAC Prep + Prime, Korres Silicone Free, Lancome La Base Pro, Cinema Secrets Ultimate), this one did not stand out, for better or worse. I would recommend trying it as a sample if you are in love with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation just to see if it makes a positive difference using the two products as a pair.

I like to wear sunscreen every day as part of my skin care routine. I have combination skin, and don't like to add too many layers underneath my foundation, so I love it if my primers accomplish these goals:
1) creates a smooth surface to apply my foundation and makes my foundation look better than without the primer;
2) takes the place of moisturizer for my dry cheeks;
3) acts as oil control for my T-zone;
4) has enough sunscreen to take the place of an additional sunscreen layer;
5) and makes my foundation last longer than without the primer.

Did this primer do that?
1) yes;
2) not really - my cheeks looked dry after I set the foundation with powder (but this could be the foundation's issue too);
3) decent but not amazing oil control;
4) does not have sunscreen : (
5) and I felt this foundation did not last on my face at all! with or without primer.

I am glad I got the sample to try, but will not be purchasing the foundation or the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this primer as part of the HD Complexion Starter Kit. I really just wanted the Kabuki brush and setting powder included in the kit. As such, I can't comment much on the price. I do like the primer and really like the light scent. As other reviewers have mentioned, it doesn't contain silicone and is more moisturizing. I tend to have dry skin, so it absorbed quickly and is not a problem mixing with my Dior Totale concentrate serum and Hydra-Life Pro-Youth Fluid with SPF (I hate when products don't mix and start rubbing off). I use BE powders and they apply evenly over this, no graininess. It sets in place and my face stays soft and smooth all day with no stickiness or blotches. Maybe this product works better for dryer skin types as it does feel more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MUFE, and this product was a pleasure to use, but it's too expensive to not be amazing. This was the first primer I ever purchased, but to make my makeup stay (and I mean really, really stay) I used Philosophy's The Present.

Pros: Smells amazing, feels amazing (like a light lotion rather than silicone) on the skin and moisturizes quite well. Comes in a hygienic pump bottle that lets you get at all the product inside.

Cons: Although makeup goes on better over the primer, it does no better at priming or extending wear than a moisturizing lotion. Expensive for a fancy moisturizing lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I have only used this once and i have to say... i <3 it! It does a great job in covering my pores so when i apply my under eye concealer it goes on beautifully!! It's thinner than what i thought it would be, but that's totally fine! I just need a quick/light pump to do my entire face! It is a bit pricey, but i did have a GC to Sephora so it wasn't too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by matinaki1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is fantastic! It really helps with the foundation application and gives a flawless finish. The makeup lasts all day, it's amazing! I also put it on my eyelids and under concealer and I have no smudging whatsoever. This is a must have for my dry skin as it is hydrating as well. I couldnt ask for more! It is a bit pricey though...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status! I don't know or care what MUFE puts in this stuff but applied in combination with the HD powder and my Duo Mat Powder foundation, my skin is near perfect. I've tried other primers - and all the others (like Bodyography and Smashbox) give you that smooth baby bottom soft texture - nice at first but too heavy leaving my face like the top of an x-tra cheese pizza.. This is how this stuff is different. It's more like a moisturizer with a dash of primer in it. Long story short, I received a deluxe sample from Sephora. One day having run out of my usual moisturizer I decided to try out my sample. I smeared some on and applied some HD powder over and was out the door. But I looked in the car mirror and realized I looked like death - so I smeared on some Duo Mat (literally) on top and was off. Later that day - at work - (keep in mind I work in a ginormous gov't building - so the lighting is terrible and makes everyone look awful) - I had numerous co-workers stop by my desk to tell me how nice my skin looked and wanting to know what I did to make my skin look so nice. Keep in mind I ALWAYS use my duo mat. The only thing different was that I used the primer and put HD powder under my foundation instead of over. (I remember another MUA'er swearing by HD powder under not over foundation.) 11 hours later - at 1 in the morning - my skin still looked freaking awesome. It didn't look like I was wearing any makeup - just like I had great skin and texture. I thought it was a fluke - so I tried the same combination a few days straight. And I got more compliments. I used up my sample and repurchased it (in the travel tube - I didn't feel like breaking open a full size bottle like I did the sample to get the last 30% of product). Love it! I highly recommend trying it in the following order - bare skin - primer-hd powder-foundation. Hands-down easier and better results than if I'd used my KA SSE. And that should say everything. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked up the MUFE HD Starter Kit with the Primer, Brush and Powder, and Foundation. I also bought the HD concealer. I was super excited to try these products because of all the hype they have gotten!

I have to say i was extremely dissapointed will all of these products! I currently use Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever foundation and powder and they outperform MUFE line in every aspect!

Primer: The Primer does not do anything to prevent oiliness in my t-zone and makes no difference in foundation application or staying power when applied before foundation. I prefer the Too Faced Oil Free Primed and Poreless primer which works wonderfully!

Foundation: The foundation does not melt into my skin and instead sits on top of the primer/skin and makes my pores look enlarged. It does not wear well and after work i can see where some of the foundation/primer has been absorbed by my skin and so my skin looks blotchy and this is NOT a good look.

Concealer: The concealer goes on nicely at first and then proceeds to dry out and cake into the fine lines under my eyes. Even setting it iwth the HD powder does not help. It has a horrible drying effect and just looks bad on older (over 40 ) skin. My fav concealer is Laura Mercier Secret Concealer and brightening powder

HD Powder: This feels okay going on and does mattify my makeup look but does not do anything to prolong the foundation lasting or help the concealer not congeal in clumps under my eyes. It is not any better than the same HD pwder by ELF or Smashbox.

Brush: I love the brush in this set and it is the only thing i would consider keeping.