November 22, 2014 | 1926 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Awele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My MAC Prep+Prime (face protect protection visage spf50) ran out so I decide to try something new. The girls at the store were nice and so I decided to try their product offering.

It goes on nicely and has this smooth silky finish on my skin which is okay but it does nothing for oil control. By the end off the day i looked like a fried chicken. I can't even decide if its the Lancome Base Pro or the Lancome Teint Ultra 24hr but i hate this product finishing after about 5hrs.

Whats most annoying is the price it cost me about $92 to get both products so you can Imagine my disappointment when I had to hurry to the MAC store (after a few days of no success)to get back my Prep+Prime and Studio Fix foundation.

I do not recommend this product. I will try it with my Studio Fix foundation to see if its any good at all. But for now, It's just a huge waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Despite the steep price, I really adore this primer. I have used various makeup primers throughout the past several years, but I was tired of paying for primers that didn't help control my oil, controlled my oil too much making my skin flaky, or simply just did not provide any noticeable results. My favorite primer was the Smashbox photo finish light, but it was pretty pricey and didn't last long. I got tired of paying over $35 every few months,so I went without using a primer for almost a year. On a trip to Sephora about 2 months ago, I was given by chance a sample of Lancome La Base Pro with my purchase. Upon first use, I was instantly blown away with how amazing this product was, but I didn't want to buy the full-size version until I could see how well it controlled my oily t-zone or if it broke me out. This product is for all skin types, yet it controls my oil and makes my skin look a million times better than any primer I have used in the past that was specifically for oily and/or acne-prone skin. Not only does it keep my makeup in place with less oil, but my face looks flawless and the fine lines around my eyes are not noticeable. This is by far the best primer I have ever used, and I am never switching back to my old primer again. The price is a little ridiculous, but I use half of the amount of La Base Pro that I used with other primers and the results are far better. The packaging is elegant and the pump is easy to control, but the only thing I don't like is the glass container. It could be easily shattered, so handle with caution, but everything else about this product is so amazing that it doesn't even matter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This product is VERY similar to Smashbox Photo Finish. The only difference is a few dollars ($36 for 1 oz. Smashbox---$42 for 0.8 oz. Lancôme). I LOVE silicone-y primers. I feel they work the best, especially for those with oily skin. I feel they last longer than other types of primers and provide the most longevity when it comes to foundations. I use Make Up For Ever HD Foundation with this product. Definitely recommend this product as far as high end primers go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin type is very oily, some make up does well to stay matte for hours! I just can't put my finger on this product I have tried it in several situations with a number of foundations and powders! Some days I'm shiny then some days I'm matte! I have noticed my skin getting clearer since I have started using this product but this is after one of the worst bouts of acne I've had! I'm not saying this product was the cause but it's a huge coincidence. Never the less I do like this product now my skin has cleared and it works great with my make up routine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am always on the hunt for a great primer. I have oily skin and am very acne-prone. When first applied, I mix it with the foundation. I get a very even and smooth application. However, I do not feel this controls oil as well as I would like. (Comparatively, to the Proactiv Smoothing primer) After continued use, I develop little white heads. I have not used it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by FykaRahim

Im currently used this product.personally I love this product because its help to make my skin soften and make my makeup stay long!
BUT, I don't like the packaging.my previous bottle ( Same product ) had fallen and slightly broken at the bottom of my bottle . seems ugly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I do like this primer, but I also don't love it. I have really oily skin in my T-zone, so using this product i do have to blot and touch up, however the makeup on the rest of my face stayed absolutely perfect. So if you had normal to dry skin this would be a really nice primer for you. When you first apply it, it makes your face feel so silky and soft. The Price may put you off a little, but if you aren't crazy oily like me then I'd definitely give this one a chance! xx

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cricricri11

I have a really combination skin lately (dry patches vs oily tzone). I liked the texture of this primer and it did not break me out (as many other primers did previously). But after a few hours, my dry patches were simply crazy cakey. I am really not sure i want to use it again. Maybe in summer , when i will be oily all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first primer I have tried so not much comparisons here. It does make my face smooth to apply foundation on. Even though if has the word matte but it doesn't make my dry skin feel more dry. And as a primer it does what it's supposed too -makes my foundation get on easily and stay on longer than normal. Also love Lancôme's packing be it for foundations or anything, they always have everything in a nice sleek bottle with a pump. No complaints so far with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So far, this is my favourite primer. I only wear this and powder and I'm happy with the results. It feels very, very soft and I only use it on my T-zone because the rest of my skin doesn't get shiny. My skin is not oily but I can't stand shine and this lasts until lunch time before I feel like a touch up. Though it's not completely required and sometimes I don't bother. I don't usually comment on packaging but this one deserves an exception. It looks gorgeous and the pump lets you only get as much or as little as you need. I think I won't be able to get all the product out once the bottle is nearly finished though. I'm still wanting to try other primers just in case there's a better one but I've already bought another bottle of this to make sure I don't run out.