December 19, 2014 | 1708 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I love Dolce Vita! This blush is such a pretty deep and natural matte pink, and I do think it works with most skintones (although maybe not if you are quite pale, since it may look more red if you have very light-colored skin). I actually found DV when I was trying out Orgasm at Sephora (bc we all know how hyped Orgasm is). However, I was quite disappointed at how orange Orgasm looked on me. So I saw Dolce Vita, tried it on, and it has been my daily brush for the past three years.

The cost is quite high at almost $30, but I seriously have used this blush almost daily for the last three years, and still have a lot of product left. This is mainly because the blush is very, very pigmented. Therefore, the product lasts for a long time, but you do need to be careful about putting too much blush on. I gently sweep my brush on the very top of the product without pressing the brush into the product at all, and that is sufficient. I also use a cheapie $7 blush brush and it works fine, also reflecting that this blush is very easy to use.

This blush is also great at how universal it is with various looks, day or night (although during the day, I try to put a bit less on).

The case is very durable, made with a rubber-like material. I have thrown this blush around in tons of purses and makeup bags, moved and lived in a bunch of places with it, and neither the container nor mirror nor the blush itself have cracked. Pretty awesome!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my favorite blush ever and I can't live without it!

I can see why a lot of people would be put off by this, because the color doesn't look that great in the pan. NARS describes it as a matte dusty rose on their site, but I definitely see some strong reddish brown undertones as well. It's quite the dark blush, so many fair skinned girls may be put off.

Despite the dull, ruddy appearance in the pan, this is the single most gorgeous blush that I've ever seen when applied to my NC 40/42 complexion. It gives me a shockingly natural, flushed look. It just makes my face come alive and really mimics the look of the blood that rushes to the cheeks after working out! I can't praise this enough!

I do think that this blush would work best on tan to dark complexions. It's really the perfect natural rose blush for women with deeper complexions. I think this may look a bit "muddy" or "dirty" on fair women, but I have yet to experiment with it on my fair friends lol. I will update when I do!

I own a multitude of blushes and this is the one that I reach for most often. NARS, you've done it again!

BTW- This goes beautifully with the Victoria's Secret Face Flash Radiant Cream Highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kitterz83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am fair skinned and this blush, while being beautiful, is a bit dark. It is a darker cranberry pinkish color. Kind of hard for me to explain.

Unlike other Nars blushes - it isn't as soft as the others. It is a matte color - so it has no sparkle or shimmer to it.

It applies very sheer. But you can build it up to the color you want. Although I would use it lightly on fair skin tones. It would be beautiful on darker skin tones.

The packaging is nice though - but does collect dirt easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This could very well be my HG blush. Something about it looks so naturally flushed on my supremely pale, warm toned, skin. I always think blush looks a bit off on me, but this shade seems to melt into my complexion. It's very easy to go over board, all I need to do is touch my brush to the top of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Haringey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use punjab sheer nars foundation and find that nars dolce vita blush gives a beautiful colour. It gives a very healthy natural looking flush, and although I was initially suspect of the colour and normally prefer peach colour blushes, I am now a total convert. I also have the lipstick and gloss - ladies its fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite blush for night as I want one which would show up in candlelight without much effort. Do not misunderstand, I apply with a very light touch. It is effortless with a good blush brush. Just one or two light dabs will do. On NC25, it is a very attractive reddish rose colour.
I recommend if you are NC25 or darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this blush! I bought it last fall and have used it during the winter season and started again recently (I live in the bay area, CA and it's always COLD, not that it has to be cold to wear it, but its like a nice flush for the weather). It still looks brand new!

Other reviewers are right, you need a light hand for this blush, its definitely not a blush you can use in a hurry. You should just dip a brush in quickly and lightly and work to blend on your cheeks to make sure it looks good. But when this is done, oh my goodness, it's soooo beautiful and natural looking.

I don't care for the nars blushes with glitter, I prefer the matte ones, especially dolce vita! Orgasm doesn't look that great on me, it just shows up like a gold glitter with barely any peach =( But this is one is definitely worth the $28 or $27 bucks whatever is being charged now!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first avoided Dolce Vita thinking such a dark and browny shade would look dull on my very fair warm skin. But its vibrant and natural, a rich brick berry that gives me that Snow White look. Its matte but has a slight sheen that lifts the skin. Love blushes like this that are intense in the pan but can add a smooth and lasting natural flush with just a gentle dab of the brush. This ensures it never gets cakey from trying to build up the color. Lasts a full 8 hours on me without changing color. Way superior to MAC which itch my skin, oxidise orange, and fade off in an hour on me. I like how the mirror has a compact too with no brush compartment to take up room. But that rubber! The coating on some compacts randomly breaks down and turns into a sticky shimmer & fluff magnet...this happened to my Dolce Vita. I was going to depot because its such a quality blush, but the pan is aluminium, which doesn't de-pot easily in my experience. So I swapped away the blush and no re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovejpmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND THANKS God I had a lighter complexion and it fitted me to the TEEE..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by trishfaller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am naturally tanned, so this appeared more of a muted old rose color on my cheeks when applied alone. If I apply it on top of my bronzer and blend, it becomes a richer coral-rose color. It is pigmented, buildable, but a little bit on the pricey side. I've had mine for a good 6 months and have'nt hit the pan yet, so $28 is pretty much worth it! I still want to purchase more NARS blushes. Not really a fan of orgasm, but looking for the perfect coralish-pinkish color.