July 28, 2014 | 1481 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This could very well be my HG blush. Something about it looks so naturally flushed on my supremely pale, warm toned, skin. I always think blush looks a bit off on me, but this shade seems to melt into my complexion. It's very easy to go over board, all I need to do is touch my brush to the top of the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Haringey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use punjab sheer nars foundation and find that nars dolce vita blush gives a beautiful colour. It gives a very healthy natural looking flush, and although I was initially suspect of the colour and normally prefer peach colour blushes, I am now a total convert. I also have the lipstick and gloss - ladies its fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by serenechew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my favorite blush for night as I want one which would show up in candlelight without much effort. Do not misunderstand, I apply with a very light touch. It is effortless with a good blush brush. Just one or two light dabs will do. On NC25, it is a very attractive reddish rose colour.
I recommend if you are NC25 or darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOOOVE this blush! I bought it last fall and have used it during the winter season and started again recently (I live in the bay area, CA and it's always COLD, not that it has to be cold to wear it, but its like a nice flush for the weather). It still looks brand new!

Other reviewers are right, you need a light hand for this blush, its definitely not a blush you can use in a hurry. You should just dip a brush in quickly and lightly and work to blend on your cheeks to make sure it looks good. But when this is done, oh my goodness, it's soooo beautiful and natural looking.

I don't care for the nars blushes with glitter, I prefer the matte ones, especially dolce vita! Orgasm doesn't look that great on me, it just shows up like a gold glitter with barely any peach =( But this is one is definitely worth the $28 or $27 bucks whatever is being charged now!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first avoided Dolce Vita thinking such a dark and browny shade would look dull on my very fair warm skin. But its vibrant and natural, a rich brick berry that gives me that Snow White look. Its matte but has a slight sheen that lifts the skin. Love blushes like this that are intense in the pan but can add a smooth and lasting natural flush with just a gentle dab of the brush. This ensures it never gets cakey from trying to build up the color. Lasts a full 8 hours on me without changing color. Way superior to MAC which itch my skin, oxidise orange, and fade off in an hour on me. I like how the mirror has a compact too with no brush compartment to take up room. But that rubber! The coating on some compacts randomly breaks down and turns into a sticky shimmer & fluff magnet...this happened to my Dolce Vita. I was going to depot because its such a quality blush, but the pan is aluminium, which doesn't de-pot easily in my experience. So I swapped away the blush and no re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovejpmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND THANKS God I had a lighter complexion and it fitted me to the TEEE..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by trishfaller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am naturally tanned, so this appeared more of a muted old rose color on my cheeks when applied alone. If I apply it on top of my bronzer and blend, it becomes a richer coral-rose color. It is pigmented, buildable, but a little bit on the pricey side. I've had mine for a good 6 months and have'nt hit the pan yet, so $28 is pretty much worth it! I still want to purchase more NARS blushes. Not really a fan of orgasm, but looking for the perfect coralish-pinkish color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this blush along with a few others form NARS. Im AA and i use this blush often. Its described as a dusty rose but after a few hours the 'dustiness' wears off and its just straight rose. On me it pulls a little mauve and I'm not sure what thats about. I guess Thats just how it looks with my skin tone. I wouldn't repurchase but thats because i really do want a dusty rose color and with no purple in it. Swatches in my profile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a red blush to impart a Snow White flush, and that's exactly what this is. I'd avoided it based on the "dusty rose" description that made me think of my 80s era childhood bedroom walls. I suppose the description makes sense if you remove it from its interior decorating connotation -- the color is actually similar to dried red roses -- though dusty red would be a more apt description.

I haven't encountered difficulty in application. I have a Smashbox fan brush that I use for most NARS blushes that allows me to apply the densely pigmented ones lightly & precisely, imparting a natural flush.

On my skin, this is the color that I turn when I blush, which makes it not unique -- except in that it's a difficult shade to find in makeup.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have and love Sin and Orgasm, and this one seemed like a nice medium in between the two. Upon first glance I actually thought it would be too similar to Sin and for years I passed it by until seeing a review on here.
The color is very, very natural, super close to what I look like when I flush (except a little less purple, so a little less ugly!). However, it's kind of touch to apply, even more so than Exhibit A. It's very, very easy to apply way too much, and if your skin is slightly tacky (moisturizer, sunscreen) it will blotch like crazy. I try to be sure to put extra powder over my cheek bones and use a super fluffy blush brush versus the relatively dense tapered one I have for Sin and Orgasm.
Bottom line: the color is great, but it's a PITA.