November 28, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

Nivea products are really moisturizing and this is, but what i hated was the cherry scent! it made me feel like i was applying cough syrup, but if u like cherry, id say go for it! the tint looks scary in the tube, but once its on your lips, its gorgeous! It is a great tinted lip balm, especially for such a low price!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A Kiss of Cherry was the third lip balm I have tried in the series most recently, and, just like for each of the rest of these balms, I have a special place in my heart for it. I picked it up from CVS out of extreme curiosity - it sounded so lovely, I had to try it out. I have been using it for several months now, and am in love. It is by far the "slipperiest" Nivea balm I've tried; it feels very smooth and super glossy, thanks to the addition of tiny sparkles. I usually wear lipsticks these days, but this balm is always with me nevertheless, as it will spice up any red or pink lipstick, and provides a fresh juicy look on its own. I feel very feminine, kissable, and sexy when I wear it. This balm contains the great moisturizing cocktail of ingredients that seem to be in every of Nivea's lip balms I've seen so far (shea butter, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, castor seed oil, grape seed oil, glycerin), but also contains mango and lime juice, which is a pleasant addition. Love the fruity cherry scent, and no taste. This balm just makes me smile, and, like others noted, brightens the whole face. It provides a very sheer reddish tint for a sweet, natural look. I posted a pic of my bare lips and then wearing this balm, so that it is more easily seen how sheer it is. Because it is so glossy, it does not last more than two hours, but can be easily reapplied without a mirror. Overall, A Kiss of Cherry is a lovely golden middle of a moisturizing lip balm, with a nice plus of SPF. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mayganade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Holy grail! I love the beautiful color it gives off! The smell is amazing and makes my lips feel so soft and smooth. The red tint pairs great with any red lipstick that you have that may be drying. Its shiny & not waxy. The price varys between 2-5$ but even if they were $20 I think I would pay for it bc they are that amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these Nivea lip balms. They are moisturizing and leave my lips feeling hydrated most of the day. I say most of the day, because I have to keep applying them throughout the day. I love this cherry one, but I won't buy it again, because I am fair and don't always like a darker lip balm. It leaves quite a tint on your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by yellowkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Nivea lip care balm for 5 years now. These were difficult to find in the USA but now they are everywhere. They aren't flavored so Nivea should remove that from packaging. I like the Cherry tint because it adds some dark red tint which brightens and moisturizes my lips. This is better imo than burts bees, neutrogena, kiels and covergirl versions. The Nivea has more of a matte lipbalm wax coverage feel that I personally like versus the slippery not long lasting non moisturizing non protective feel of those other light coverage brands I mentioned above. This shade is my favorite since the strawberry one is more lighter and less pigmented and the pink one was way too shiny and light for me. Update: still love using this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by directioner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is beyond amazing!! i love it! very nice color, very subtle but you can tell i have something on. also, its very hydrating. i want to compare this product to the baby lips cherry me. they are very similar. they are both hydrating but i believe the nivea one is more hydrating. secondly, nivea one has more pigmentation and a hint of shine whereas the baby lips is very shiny. personally, i recommend the nivea one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by rameymaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

duration: 2-3 hours colour: pinkish red tint with one glide, however I noticed you can make it completely red going over it again and again. Effects: totally keeps your lips hydrated or those 2-3 hours, but as soon as it rubbed of. My lips dried up straight away. After-effect: Lips didn't feel like they retained any moisture, I felt like I had to keep on reapplying over and over ! Cost: it's pretty cheap. packaging: very neat. Note: I think that this lip balm would be best for lips that are already on it's own moisturises, I wouldn't recommend this to those with super dry lips on a daily basis, those with super dry lips should opt for a more thicker lip balm or gloss for more hydration!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I absolutely love this lip balm. it has a gorgeous sheer blue-toned red color to it and it glides on so wonderfully. not greasy and not thin, but VERY moisturizing. not only that, but i found that it makes my lips very very soft. Pretty long lasting and it makes the lips look nicely juicy, but not like you tried too hard. Perfection in a tube

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Natassasam

I have a love hate relationship with this product.

Pros:
-Cheap bought it for 2,90euros
-Nice sheer color great for everyday
-Variety of different colors to choose
-Nice packaging
-Moisturize the lips when you put it on but after a while my lips get dry
-Nice smell and taste

Cons:
-Make lips dry

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by RacheyBabeyyy

This is a fantastic lip balm . It really moisturizers my lips and my lips stay soft and smooth even after the product on my lip is gone . It even has a tint of red and u can tone it up or down which I really like . It's like a lip stick except that it moisturizes really well too . The only down side is that it smells and tastes like cough syrup .