August 27, 2014 | 1967 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by cristalle65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is not the best nor the worst I have tried. It gave me a nice look but after using for about a week my lashes looked kinda spiky and a bit gunky. Maybe I got a bad tube? Seemed to dry out on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by nadyazus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the best mascara I have ever used and I have tried a lot. I used to buy a lot of different mascaras both drugstore and department brands but now that I found this I don't buy any other mascara :D It is a bit dryer than other ones like Diorshow and by texture its a bit like Lancome's Hypnose. Be sure to close it tight as it will dry out quickly if you don't. I have quite long but thin lashes which are dark at the roots but somehow blonde on the ends so without mascara they look way shorter. I find that this gives me a lot of volume and curls them a bit more than my natural curl. My lashes stand out way more with this, it looks to me like I've suddenly grown more lashes =)
The way I apply it is as suggested by Chanel, rotating the brush at roots and then moving it out to the ends. I repeat this a couple of times until all my lashes have a good coating of it. It doesn't clump as such but the formula is quite thick and it dries quickly. This gives me good volume at the roots and definition and separation on the ends so it looks almost as if I used liner =)
If I want even more volume I comb my lashes with Ruby and Millie Folding Lash Comb after the first coat and do a second coat without combing after that and I'm ready to go out =)
Overall a definite HG for me and I have repurchased this 3 times now. It is expensive at 21 from a department store but it works wonders and a tube of this lasts me around 4 months which is not bad considering I use it every day :D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

After reading some great reviews on here about this mascara being even better than YSL faux cils (which for me is the best mascara ive tried for my weak short lashes) I was very excited to try it. But it was soooo natural, it didnt really do ANYTHING. I expected at least some volume and length but nothing. Also it did smudge through the day under my eyes :( I'm very disappointed as it was expensive and a 'chanel' mascara i expected better. This mascara actually reminded me of something: when i first starting dating this guy a few years ago id dread him seeing me without make up first thing in the morning, especially without my eyes being done, but on the other hand i did not want it to look like i had got up an hour before him to do my full mascara and make up in the bathroom! So...i tinted my eyelashes once every week or 2, and then in the morning just curled with eyelash curlers! The look looked exactly like when i use this mascara! And i look BIG lashes, so definitely not for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Baanu

I tend not to write reviews on products unless I love them, but I had such problems with this mascara I thought I might as well warn people! I bought Chanel Exceptionnel because I'd gotten the tester and really liked the finish it gave, but when I finally bought the it I was completely let down. I guess the worst and weirdest thing about it was that it began to flake on me; not something you'd expect from a brand new mascara. Apart from finding bits of black flecks underneath my eyes, it clumped. Badly. Really badly. I could go on for ages but the main thing is it didn't curl, lengthen or thicken (unless you count clumping as thickening) my lashes. I seriously think I was sold an out-of-date mascara, I guess the only good thing I can say about Exceptional is that it looks pretty impressive on your dressing table?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the volume building as well as the separation qualities of this lovely mascara. This has a 3D brush that deposits the mascara and the combing side to separate and fan out the lashes. It is smudge proof not waterproof which i gave a lippie off. It will smudge a bit under eye as i got oily & watery lids. Overall a fine mascara indeed which delivers all that it promises to do!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by kbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my all time favourite mascara. It lasts all day, doesn't end up under my eyes in a smudgy mess and even survives the rain or a teary movie! I absolutely love this product! I like my makeup to be low hassle and this fits the bill as it dries fast and doesn't cause issues when I am hurriedly getting ready in the mornings! It may be pricey but so worth it!
Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JCM123

I have been a faithful YSL Volume Effect Faux cils for years, but was given a sample of this and was amazed! Volume, thickness with a really deep colour and no clumpiness! Amazing.. I never thought I would anything to sway me from my YSL but this mascara is definitely amazing! If you like the full kind of fake eyelash look (without having to apply false lashes - which is perfect for me)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by PrincessAnastasia

Nothing compares to this mascara with it's ability to separate and thicken without clumping or making your lashes feel stiff. I love how dark my lashes look (I like the fake lash look) The combs on the wand are amazing.
To the ladies who bout this and found out it had dried out within weeks not months - try twisting the wand while slowly pulling out of the tube, you should not hear a "pop" when the wand is taken out of the tube as this creates "air bubbles" within the product. I also had the same issue with dryness the first time I bought it, but using with the "twisting" technique mentioned above gave my mascara two extra months of life :)
After the mascara has had it's day (2-3 months) I usually use it on my lower lashes only and use a new tube on the upper lid. That way i don't end up with too much product on my lower lashes. I have tried a lot of different brands and this is definitely my favourite (ok - it's a tie between Exceptionnel and Lancome's Hypnose).. Worth the money once you master the application xoxo

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by adored88

This is a hard review to write because I love this mascara, it works in making your lashes look amazing but it dries out so fast that I only get about two weeks use out of one tube! I have long lashes but they are on the sparse side, I've tried just about every mascara out there (and when I say just about every mascara, I mean every mascara from the drugstore to Sephora and Saks!). The brush on this mascara does something that no other I have tried have done, it lifts and plumps and in just 3 swipes I had almost fake looking lashes!! I was so amazed I actually exclaimed "wow" out loud and showed my husband who also stated that they looked amazing! I would give it 5 stars for this but after just 2 weeks the tube dried out and I had to get a new one, thus I subtracted a star for that, perhaps others would subtract 2 or more stars for that since this mascara is on the expensive side. I still buy it though because the results (when it is not dried out) are unbelieveable!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

The packaging is so blah to start off with and the quality even worse. I bought two mascaras from Chanel when Nordstrom was having a sale. The idea of this brush was beautiful; spooly and a brush! However, the formula was so clumpy and and dried out. When I put it on my lashes it did nothing for them. It did not hold a curl, volumize and lengthen them. I promptly sent the mascara back for a full refund.