August 27, 2014 | 1950 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um, what am I missing here? My tube has no thermal action at all - none, nada, zip. I have used it three times - once on my hand and twice on my face. NO THERMAL ACTION.
As an exfoliator it's fine; nothing special, but OK. I have definitely used scrubbier scrubs than this.
The ingredients seem good. It's just very expensive for something that's "fine" and does not even deliver the novelty thermal action that's the basis of its advertising. (Perhaps my tube is way out of date or something???)
I would not repurchase at this price point.
EDIT: Changed my mind and added one lippie! Inexplicably, after the first two doses of product came out of the tube, the thermal action kicked in. Perhaps the product had settled from storage. I now appreciate the smooth, soft, clean skin this creates after a good scrub in the shower. You need to use a good big blob of it though. I've decided this is definitely superior to Epidermx, which gives an unsatisfying squeaky/sticky/not clean finish. I am re-purchasing the Thermafoliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING! Amazing! Amazing... thatís what I kept saying in front of the mirror after Iíve used it the very 1st time. :) I would call it a face POLISH, as it makes the skin texture extremely smooth and silky.
Iíve never used exfoliants that contain BOTH chemical and physical exfoliants before, and this ďage smart thermofoliantĒ was the 1st one. And my God, it is so perfect! It not just lifts away dead skin cells, that all the scrubs do, but also stimulates natural cell renewal, contains vitamins A, C, E and antioxidants. I believe it is a must have product for those who are over 25 years old.
It contains Salicylic acid, Retinol (=vitamin A that makes magic), Lactic acid, Tocopherol (= vitamin E), Citric acid, Camellia Sinensis leaf extract (=a green tea extract, that is one of the best antioxidants) and they are all in the beginning of the ingredients list and it means that this thermofoliant has a decent amount of them and not like sometimes the advertisement emphasis for example on retinol in the product and then you see it somewhere in the end of the ingredients list... and the product hardly does anything from what you expect retinol has really to do. But this is not the case with this thermofoliant. It also contains the following extracts and oils that the skin definitely benefits from : hydrolyzed opuntia ficus flower extract, soybean seed extract, licorice root extract, bixa orellana seed oil, safflower seed oil, lemon peel extract, olive oil PEG-7 esters, sunflower seed oil, rosa damascena flower oil, clove leaf oil, pelargonium graveolens oil, lemon peel oil, rosewood wood oil.
This blend of ingredients makes magic and makes itsí price, 75ml. costs 50 euro but it is really worth it! I will definitely repurchase it again because I fell in love with this miracle product! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this exfoliator. Provides microdermabrasion results and I only need to use once a week. Pores are clean, no white heads, acne scars are lightened, skin is smoother and brighter, skin tone is more even. What else can I say? Love it! Use it with AgeSmart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser and Antioxidant Hydramist followed by moisturizer. I will purchase again especially since I only have to use it once a week so it should last quite awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a heavy-duty fine-textured exfoliating scrub that contains some pretty expensive exfoliating ingredients.The main selling point of this exfoliant is that it gives you the smoothness and clarity you get with using traditional exfoliating lotions, but you don't have to wait as long (you massage for 5 mins and rinse off). This is also a great alternative to exfoliating lotions when you want your face exfoliated, but you can't walk around the house with your face smothered in a thick layer of exfoliating cream, such as when you have friends over. I use this on nights when I don't use my regular exfoliating lotions because I am completely exhausted and just want to collapse on the bed. The only con of this product is that it is very pricey for being a relatively small tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by rissajadex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this exfoliant! Although I have young skin, I have alot of blemish scars and visible pores, and this product is excellent for diminishing them. It heats up when in contact with water, and gives skin a really polished look and feel from the first use. If used on dry skin (with no water), it is slightly more abrasive, so I use with a tiny bit of water, and it works perfectly. Slightly pricey but so worth it! My skin always feels so much smoother and cleaner afterwards. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jmccall93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to finally try this product after reading the positive review on here. and I have to say... I LOVE this product. I have oily skin that tends to dry out in the winter and look dull. This scrub has worked wonders on my skin and I've had no additional breakouts to speak of. Just my usual adult acne. I use it every other day right now and alternate with the microfoliant. I may give up the microfoliant all together and just use the thermafoliant I love the results so much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite exfoliator available To date! It leaves my skin so soft, smooth and brightened.
You can use it on damp skin and you may also use it on a dry but slightly damp face for a much deeper scrub.
I cant say anything negative about this, i love everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by saki35

This exfoliater makes your skin feel like silk . Have always used cheaper exfoliators in the past but after using this I will never go back to them. My complexion and uneven skin tone has really improved after only a couple of weeks of using this product. I hope these results continue and would recommend to anyone

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, the thrill of discovering a new HG! The 1st time I used this I was worried that it was too rough and would irritate my skin and give me an excema flare-up. Instead, it polished the heck out of my skin and left it absolutely radiant. The next day, it still looked amazing, no flare-ups, and my skin tone is strangely, wonderefully even-looks like I applied my mineral makeup when I have nothing on my face!!! I have started doing an every day routine with this to give my skin a rejuvenating blast, and, still, no irritation, justbetter and better skin! It could also be from the Multivitamin Mask, which I apply immediately after and sometimes leave on overnight, but I seem to get the great results even when I just use the Thermafoliant. My eye area wrinkles are shallower and blackheads/milia are vanishing!
It's definitely taken my skin out of its dull, accustomed to all of my anti-aging products slump and saved me from going back to out the dreaded (irritating!) Retin-A.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by cassyvoss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'd read many raves about this scrub and was hoping to see some great results with it. I bought it at a local beauty salon and couldn't wait to try it. I think it's a pity my skin is not suitable for this product, perhaps I have way too dry skin and once I apply it on, it stings and I can't use it anymore. I may try and use it again after a week or two to see if it works.