July 29, 2014 | 1134 users online

Self Tanners - Garnier - Ambre Solaire No Streaks Bronzer Dry Body Mist

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Probably the best self-tanner I have ever used. I tried at least five different products this summer and almost gave up on them because the application was time consuming and because of the way it looked if you forgot to apply it for a few days, almost like it was peeling off. I saw the reviews for this self-tanner here and decided to give it a try and I AM IN LOVE. This gives me the most natural tan, I'm very fair and just one application was enough for his to show up. I have to admit it was a bit streaky the first time I used it (just on my arms) but that's probably because I forgot to apply it to some parts, the product is transparent so you can easily forget where you have already applied it. I haven't used this product in four days and my tan still looks amazing. It has a light scent but I kinda like it (I usually like the scents of self-tanners though). The product is absorbed really really fast, there's no greasy residue on your skin three hours after application (like it usually happens with cream self-tanners). The bottle works even when it's turned upside down which is also a plus. My only concern is that it gets used up fast, I think I used it four or five times and it doesn't feel like there's that much product left in the bottle, but for 1 per application it's still a good deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best self tanner I have tried over the years. It goes on even, lasts through several days and fades evenly, too. Love that stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 6:23:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I don't get the high rating for this product. It's probably the worst fake tanner I've used to date! My skin is quite pale since it's currently Winter in NZ and I planned on using this for a friend's 21st since I wanted to wear a dress (and thought it would be best to do a trial run just in case it didn't turn out so well). Luckily I did because this turned out completely orange on me!! Yes, I exfoliated, but it still managed to be streaky, patchy and uneven on my skin. Application is messier than usual (the nozzle is horrible) and transfers far too easily. When you shower the next day, it's even more patchy and streakier, but it does wash off slightly with soap and water. Since it is still Winter in the southern hemisphere, I can getaway with wearing jeans and long sleeves until this fake tan completely fades away. Never again! Going straight into the bin!! :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by charlotte182

am i the only person who disliked this product?! or am i just using it wrong?
when i used it i found it difficult to use and left awful streaks and patches on my legs... not a good summer look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by hannahbilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

really like the tan, but does it wash off in the shower/bath and go streaky? :/

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by sez1988

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. In al my self tanning years this is by far the nicest tan I ever used, both self applied and salon applied!! I always get compliments on my tan when I use this!! Quick and easy to apply!! Wish it cane in bigger bottles!!! but for 12 dollars u cannot go wrong!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 9:06:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING stuff! Applies easily in minutes and turns into a beautiful tan. It's one of the darkest tans I've ever had from just one application and it really lasts! No streaks or patches, even from someone as clumsy as me. The smell is lovely too, as far as fake tans go.

I'm quite amazed as I'm not normally a fan of Garnier, bar their after-sun cream! This is on sale so I stocked up and bought ten, haha! I've only used it once but I imagine there's still another 2 applications in the bottle, which is not too bad. I'm quite generous when applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BrissyGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This a a great tan and I have been using it for years. So easy to apply - the mist provides an even coverage and doesn't coat your shower in brown tan mess. It gives a great natural colour and if you reapply the next day it deepens the colour but still looks natural and even. Because you can spray the can upside down etc it's so easy to do your whole body. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 7:58:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

This is a brilliant product. A great colour and so easy to appy (takes about 2 mins and you're done), you don't get it all over your hands, and there's hardly any fake tan smell! Definitely the best fake tan ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by parisloveshoppnlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first fake tan i have ever tried, and i was very impressed!! Im fortunate in that i have olive skin, and i just always thought fake tan would do nothing for me, however in the winter months i went very pale and just thought id try this. I was VERY impressed, it was a very easy simple application and what i really loved is that it was a clear mist, and so if you applied it in the shower you wouldnt get fake tan everywhere and cause a mess, (this is my number one pet peeve about spray tans is getting the tan EVERYWHERE when you spray it)

since discovering this product i have tried other fake tans, and to me they all have their own good points and bad points, however this is a great tan--it does have a tan smell, but what tanning product doesnt!!