April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by eeniemeenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this because Kim Kardashian claims to use this product. Her eyebrows always look impeccable so I decided to give this a try. It works well and looks natural (which is the big deal to me because I cannot stand the look of opaque brows) however, your brows should be shaped and trimmed before you use the kit for the best aesthetic effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color ref, I am about a NW 20-25 and my hair is black with a blonde/coppery ombre on the bottom of my hair. My brows are black as well.

I own the Anastasia brow powder in Dark Brown and it fills in beautifully when it's on my eyebrows. I have VERY full eyebrows but where my eyebrow starts it is very sparse (due to accidentally overplucking many years ago) this eyebrow duo powder is amazing! It's a two in one, one color being lighter than the other side. You use that lighter color in the beginning of your brows and slowly transition to the darker color for the tail end of your brows. The lighter color fills in the beginning of my brows so naturally perfectly but you have to make sure you're using a light hand if you have similar eyebrows like I do! It's better to build up the color rather than slapping the color to make you look like that one pill bug from Bug's Life.

I can make this natural looking for daytime makeup, or if I'm going out at night, I can darken it to make it look more dramatic. I like to take selfies before I head out and this makes my eyebrows look fabulous and awesome in pictures! Eyebrows are so important to me because they frame the face so well. Yes, price is a little high but the product is worth the price. I love it! I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Jimduhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the shade dark brown.

Packaging:
I got the new line of brow powders with the black packaging. I really like it. I love how there's a little mirror in the compact. You seldom see brow powders with that anymore! It's also really sleek and nice to look at. One thing I would like though is if there was a brush included.

Price:
I got this from Sephora for $23 and I think that it's very much worth the price. I've used this everyday for almost a year now and I still haven't hit pan on it!

Pros:
-A little goes a long way
-Great color payoff
-Great staying power
-Can be used alone or with a pencil/gel
-Matches brows perfectly
-Comes with a little mirror

Cons:
-Doesn't come with a brush
-The darker color isn't used as much as the lighter color but there's an equal amount of each color so you're left with some leftover product

Texture: Just like any other brow powder.

Smell: None

Impressions/comments:
I love this brow powder. I can confidently say that this is my HG brow product. I like my brows natural, so I use this by itself and occasionally some clear brow gel to tame my brows. Of course, you can always build this up if you want a bolder brow or to set your brow pencil. Some people complain about the colors, but this is actually perfect! Most brow powders only come in one shade. What I like about this duo is that it gives you the ability to give your brows definition. I like to use the lighter color on the first half of my brows and the dark color at the end. Trust me guys, you should try this method. When you take photos. Especially with flash, the dark end of the brow will still show up. I've had too many instances where the ends of my brows were washed out and that ceased to happen ever since I started using this product. I use this with the small angled brush from shany cosmetics, but I've been really considering getting the Anastasia brush too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in auburn, and the shade is perfect! I'm very fair with dyed red hair and this goes very well. It looks super dark in the pan, but it doesn't go onto the brows that way, it's actually almost sheer. This is a true auburn, a reddish brown. Other auburn or red shades I've tried have been much too light, like strawberry or orangey. This is a deeper shade. I have super sparse and light brows, and when I use this powder I do have to use a pencil to fill in the most sparse areas. I don't mind this though, because I like the final result. My brows end up looking pretty natural considering how much I have to fill them in. ;) If you're looking for very bold brows, this probably won't work for you. If you want a more natural look, this is great. The packaging is cute too. ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ellablue123

Really expensive for the tiniest bit of product but it seems to last a while.

HOWEVER--it is VERY sheer--barely shows up. I got "Ebony" which i hoped would be a dark brown/black, but it's actually a super light taupey ash brown --again, it is super light. I was expecting something more pigmented/dark since i hate having light brown brows!!

Does look natural though, but does not give me nice bold brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by DianaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

You won' t regret buying this product. I have the brunette and use it every day and marvel every time I use it. I have dark brows that have some gray and have become thin at the ends and this solves both problems perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 2 years now and at this rate, this powder will last me 10 years LOL! I'm obsessed with having nice full cleanly manicured yet natural looking brows. After having my brows butchered by so-called "pros" I bought the Anastasia kit and this powder came with it. (I've also reviewed the kit separately). I got the dark brown/brunette powder, my brows are almost black. I found application easy, but you can overdo it if you have a heavy hand. I've used pencils and powders, and think powders are best for overall fullness or when you have more than one or two "empty" spaces.
The powder looked natural when applied lightly, lasted all day, and there is tons of product so even with daily use I think this will last you forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by redlipsthickhips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's still taking me some time to get used to this product because my normal routine involved my trusty clinique pencil. But with that being said, I think I've been converted to powder for life. Why? First off, I really like the packaging - the design is pretty and while the case is small enough to travel with, there's a lot of product. This will last a long time. Secondly, I chose Ebony and the shade has turned out to be an exact match for my brows. Thirdly, application time is quicker and it really does last all day. Lastly and most importantly, the end result looks natural and professional. It doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kknoell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I'm a redhead with very light, invisible eyebrows. They are naturally nicely shaped and the right thickness but they are just too hard to see. There are pictures of me where you can't see my eyebrows at all and I look weird, that's how pale they are! I've tried adding definition with pencils before but could the coloring was always little off and looked too harsh. I read about this brow powder and decided to try this in the Caramel color. True love from the start--I am now one of those girls obsessed with my brows! Absolutely love it! I've used it everyday for almost 2 months and I've barely made a dent in the compact. I was really skeptical about paying so much for such a tiny tin, but believe me, worth every single penny! A little goes a long way and it lasts all day. I like the lighter side for every day and the darker color is fantastic for when I need a little more oomph. They do mix nicely but for me either one on its own still look very natural. No one can ever pinpoint that I've done something to my brows (which is very important to me) but they pick up the difference defined brows can make to your whole face. Even though nothing else about my eye makeup routine has changed, I get tons of compliments on how beautiful my eyes look! I seriously have never been so in love with a makeup product before!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many different kinds and brands of eyebrow products, and nothing beats Anastasia's brow powders and pencils. I use this powder in Ebony, and, while it is not black, it perfectly defines and fills in my dyed-black eyebrows.I can make them as thin or as Liz Taylor-lush as I want,