October 31, 2014 | 1613 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Review for Dark Brown --

Color: I have medium copper/auburn hair, with very light eyebrows. I generally only use the lighter of the two shades, but I like having the option of the darker shade to pull off more dramatic looks. The light shade would work great for darker red, light brown, or dark blonde hair. The darker side of the palette would be great for dark brunette or even black hair. Very versatile.

Lifespan: I've had this for ~3 months or so, and I've only made a small dent in the shade that I use, even though the packaging is quite small.

Packaging: Speaking of packaging, I LOVE the fact that the packaging is so small (just under 2 inch diameter). I somewhat wish that there was some kind of tiny travel angled brush that tucked in to the case, but that would just make it bulky. The size makes it very easy to travel with, and I do make frequent use of the tiny mirror in the inside of the lid.

Application: I use a dry short angled liner brush by Ecotools. This gives a very natural look. No "drawn on" or unnatural looking brows for me.

Staying Power: A+. Will even still mostly be on in the morning if I don't remove it the night before.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by xtinacab

I use this every single day and I love it! I haven't tried anything else but this stuff is amazing. Its really small but it has lasted me for a year and there's still a lot left. I really have nothing else to compare it to but for my asian tone, the dark brown palette is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Go to brow product. Forget pencils, this Is the most natural looking powder when applied with an angled brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by huggabledust

This brow powder is glorious. I have black hair and fair skin and I use the brunette shades. It's such an excellent formula for filling in sparse areas and even drawing on eyebrows when you have nothing much there. It doesn't move at all throughout the day and it is build-able if you want the pay-off to be darker. A little thing of this stuff will last forever. The pan seems to be bottomless. I've had this for almost a year now and I have yet to see the pan. It's a high end brand and expensive for a brow powder but worth it because of the quality and quantity that you get. You go Glen Coco.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This my first brow powder. I have black sparse eyebrows, and using brow pencil just looks dark on my eyebrows. Previously, I used Shiseido Brow Pencil in Natural Black. I own this brow powder in Granite. I was very pleased on how it turned out and easy to apply coming from a person that is a makeup noob. I used one of Anastasia Brow Stencil. Using the lightest shade in the powder duo, I applied it with a EcoTools highlighting brush (don't want a lot of product).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by arieljocelyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This product lends a very natural look to my brows. I am blonde and very pale, but have medium brown eyebrows, and any brown shade of brow powder/gel definitely gives me a bad case of the scouse brow. I needed to find something with a cooler undertone, so when I found the taupe shade of this powder, I was happy to see that it defined my eyebrows without making them look painted on. In addition to the comprehensive color selection, this product has great staying power and is very easy and quick to apply--a few strokes with an angled brush should do the trick. If you're in the market for defined, yet subtle brows, try this powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC15 with almost black hair and I have this in Medium Brown. My eyebrows are naturally dark and the hairs are very thick, but I have a few sparse areas, which is what this product is great for. It looks very natural and adds just the right amount of color to give your brows that attractive fullness.

What this isn't so great for is actually shaping the eyebrows, at least for me. If I've accidentally overplucked I reach for MUFE Aqua Brow in #25 Ash instead. But when my brows are looking pretty good on their own I go for this powder. I use a bit of the darker side of the duo with a stifff angled brush, apply it in short strokes, brush through to soften with a spoolie, and I'm ready to walk out the door.

I use the lighter side of the duo almost exclusively to contour. I rarely go a day without taking some on an angled fluffy brush to define my nose, then sweeping it into the hollows of my cheeks and bringing it down along my jawline. The ashy tone perfectly mimics a natural shadow and gives my face some definition after foundation has flattened out my features. When I want a more dramatic contour I simply mix both shades then apply and blend. Always be sure to blend out with a larger brush afterwards for the most natural look.

I like this a lot as a brow product, but I absolutely love it as a contour powder. It can also be used as an eyeshadow, although I find the color to be ever slightly too flat and dull for my eyelids. For the price, the quality of the product, and how muti-purpose it is I think this is a fantastic value. The packaging (both old and new) is nice and sleek. I will forever repurchase this, though I've yet to hit pan on my first one even with daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Attitudeangela

I bought this for $35 CAD but I think it was worth every penny. I recommend testing this out in person before buying to make sure the powder you buy suits your hair and skintone, just in case. My only issue is that powder eyebrows I find always take me more time to fill my brows. Unless it's pricey for you to shell out over $20 for an eyebrow product this is a must-have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

First brow filling product that satisfied me to the point I don't feel like trying anything else or ever switching out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used cheap Rimmel eyebrow pencils or whatever brown eye shadow I had on hand for my brows. I am lucky in that I am fair with brown hair and dark brows that don't really require a lot of maintenance. Many days I do absolutely nothing to them. Now that I am getting older, the hairs themselves are getting lighter so I have been using this to just darken the few grays I am getting rather than pulling them out (which I was doing until the person who waxes my brows scolded me).

I really like this powder - I use dark brown. I am not sure why it is different from eyeshadow but it goes on very smoothly and a mixture of the two colors is perfect for me. It stays on all day and my brows look very natural and groomed. I started using this when I got a sample from somewhere and the sample lasted a long time even though it was just some of the powder stuck on paper so I imagine this little compact will last a long time. I am tossing the old Rimmel pencils and switching to this permanently.