September 20, 2014 | 1869 users online

Pressed Powders - Kevyn Aucoin - The Celestial Powder: Candlelight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm always so busy that I really only review products that deserve to be in my kit, as a 20 year pro veteran make up artist, that I use personally, or, when a product is so over hyped, that I do not want impressionable, young student make up artists.to feel they have to have a product, promoted by the Kardashians. It infuruiates me, that their names, are even in the same sentence as the late, great Kevyn, a icon, who made a real contribution to society. He was humble, gracious, a forward thinking educatator, possibly the most respected artist of my generation. For those of us who saw him work, it was magic he was a creative genius

This product is, finely milled, silky, no chalky no awful, vile shine, which enhances the appearance of fine lines, crows feet open pores. YUK . The Apricot, hue brightens and lifts, only a tiny touch is needed, on cheek bones, under brows, nose bridge, top lip centre. Used with a good blusher to achieve a good pro finish. In my opinion, this also works for HD,

This is my go to staple hi -lighter, if, I'm using powder, not, liquid application

My only moan, is I'd usually tell you to throw the brush in most compacts, but it has his name on, so keep it, just use a good brush hahahaha, I would prefer a smaller compact without the the brush.

For those of you moaning about the packaging Kevyn kept things simple, it will last you ages, as you only need a tiny amount. My kit would not be complete without a few of Kevyn;s products, also including sensual skin,

The whole line is not product swamped, instead some iconoic products, You are buying a piece of an artist, that, was so the head of his time

The one great thing about us aging ol farts,is we learned the old fashioned way, no youtube, self promoting, airbrushing or photo shopping, we have years of knowledge and products, we know what works for us, have more than earned our pro discounts our reviews are honest, we do not need free products,

KEVYN AUCOIN, never gone or forgotten R.I.P

21 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by slove14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

First of all, let me say I'm in love with Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. I think it's worth every single penny. So, when I saw rave reviews about this product, I knew I had to bite the expensive price tag bullet and purchase it.

I have tried numerous, NUMEROUS highlighting products without much luck. I feel like I look like some odd creature out of a Twilight movie with how I sparkle. Not exactly the "dewy" and "natural" look I'm going for, ladies and gents. This one gives a beautiful finish. It looks so natural! Like a dewy, healthy glow which is EXACTLY what I'm going for. Not that I'm a Kim Kardashian fan (when will she go away?), but I will admit, she has some fantastic makeup. This is what her makeup artist uses to help highlight her face. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. This is coming from someone who worked for a high end makeup company as a makeup artist.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging which is something I've never quite understood why people complain about until now. I have Kevyn Aucoin's blush and it's packaged the same way and it just feels cheap. If I'm paying 45 dollars for a product, it better look like I've paid 45 dollars. It's just a cheap, flimsy plastic compact that could be easily mistaken for a drugstore product. I know this is a rather ridiculous point because the actual product works well, but I give completely honest reviews and this is exactly how I feel about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Hypnolove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Think I'm going to be the second negative review for this product. Was hoping it would be more than it was . Don't get why they've split the packaging in two to place a crapy brush and the fall out is not great but I can get past these things if the product itself was as good as others that I have tried. I think it's ok. Certainly not worthy of the money or the hype but then I suppose few things are. I love some of his other products but this one didn't quite cut the mustard

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by MissusJones

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, this powder is amazing. I only recently ventured into the world of highlighting powders and while they have become one of my obsessions (they're so darn gorgeous!!), some work and some don't work on my skin. I'm 35, have some larger pores around my nose and forehead, and some fine lines in the sub orbital region. I've found that many powder highlighters tend to highlight these (and other) imperfections...this one by Kevyn Aucoin does NOT accentuate pores and fine lines. It is beautifully finely milled, soft, and the texture is what I would imagine the finest, most beautiful pixie dust to be like! Ok pardon the fairy tale reference, but this stuff is so pretty...it's not glittery or coarse at all like some highlighters can be, it's just a sheen of gorgeous glow. The name describes it perfectly, it's like a soft wash of candlelight over the face. I use it on my cheekbones, Cupid's bow, bridge of nose, chin and forehead. It picks up light perfectly and gives almost a soft focus effect to my face. The kicker is, when I first bought it, I thought it looked drab in the compact so I stashed it away till one day I decided to try it out...I use it religiously now, it is a definite staple in my makeup collection and probably my favorite highlighter (and I have a ton! LOL). The packaging is classic KA, dark reddish brown lacquer compact that feels sleek sturdy and not the least bit flimsy or cheap. I love that his packaging is often timeless, classy, and high quality without being bulky. The brush included is definitely usable, but I find a powder or angled blush brush works best for me...it's a matter of taste. IT'S TOTALLY worth the money, but I really didn't think the price was too outrageous considering the quality. Definite thumbs way up!!!! Love love love!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by CosmoGirl3

Okay so I was hesitant to purchase this product because of the price, but I had read great reviews on it, also this is the same highlighter Khloe Kardashian's makeup artist uses on her, & got it online from Nordstrom for $42.00, steep price but here is what I think of the product. SO... I must say this is what a highlighter should be all about. This is the highlighter many other competitors, even high end even like NARS are trying to replicate. Kevyn got it right first though. I use this highlighter EVERY single day. A little will do you, so the powder will last a long time. It can be applied under eyes or in corners to wake up the eyes, on the t of the forehead looks beautiful in photos or bridge of nose or wherever you want a little extra attention. Just as the name depicts, Candlelight, gives a very ethereal light from within kind of glow, even mimicking that pregnancy glow which I got a lot of when carrying my LO but not oily or shiny looking, very natural looking especially in photos comes out GORGE. People will look at the photo and notice you have a little extra glow but will not know what because it looks SO natural, bringing out natural beauty. I'd say for anyone serious about makeup this is something you should definitely have in your makeup arsenal and worth the money because you only need a little bit. Very rich product and suitable for any skin tone/type. I'm NC42 & even on tan skin looks beautiful. The only thing I wish was different was maybe the packaging, while it is a beautiful royal red color, in my personal taste I would prefer something slightly more modern looking but that's just me, overall an excellent product, worth the money!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by beautycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives that glow. There is NO glitter which makes skin look perfect and naturally luminous. Although pretty pricey, this is my favorite highlighter to date. A little goes a long way. Don't use too much because it is extremely concentrated. The best places to use it are on the top of your cheekbones, cupid's bow, and underneath the brow bone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why does the best highlighter I ever found have to cost a fortune? I really really like this product. As I said, I only use it on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose as highlighter but it acts exactly as the other reviewers and the name says. It gives a soft glowing sheen to skin. Nothing obvious at all or over shimmery. Im not a fan of the packaging. There is only a small amount of product and the rest of the room in the package is for the brush which is just one of those little brushes most blushes comes with. I can also picture the hinge breaking though not sure why. Still, the quality of the actual product is superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OH MY GOODNESS. HOLY GRAIL. This is a must have guys! I never thought I would fall into the routine of using a highlighter daily and I still can't believe I have. I've never enjoyed highlighters, and I always found them to be an unnecessary step that was less interesting than blush and bronzer. I have purchased countless highlighters, including the infamous Dior Amber Diamond and was left hugely unimpressed. I never had a highlighter that made me want to go for the extra step in the morning and put it on until now. Candlelight is an amazing yellow-toned satin finish powder with a slight sheen that blends into the skin and looks beautifully natural. The texture is so soft and buttery, it feels like a cream. I lovelovelove this product so much. Such a must have. I'd definitely recommend it five times over the Dior Amber Diamond no matter what skin tone, or type you have. I really think this is a truly universal powder. I know that term gets thrown around a lot but I cannot see this product looking bad on anyone.

My routine for this is as follows: After I apply my bronzer/contour and blush, I take this with a synthetic Real Techniques Contour brush and follow the contours of my cheek bones on top of the blush, and then I sweep around and put some on the apples of my cheeks. Then I sweep some on the bridge of my nose, my cupids bow, on top of my eyebrows (where they arch), and then sweep the rest under my eyes for a little extra brightness. A little goes a long way so while the price is steep, it's definitely worth it.

For reference: I am super sheet-of-paper pale, and this doesn't seem to look bad on me; However, this is a yellow toned powder, so if you tend to avoid yellow tones, maybe this would be something to pass on. Also, I have oily skin and I do not find that this emphasizes that or my pores at all, which is very unique.

Please, if you're in the market for a highlight go for this! I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GORG.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Staceyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been looking for the perfect highlighter for a long time and I can honestly say that THIS IS IT!
It has some sparkle to it but it mostly makes you look like you're "glowing from within".
I absolutely LOVE it! Look no further. This is the BEST highlighter out there. It is worth every penny.