Boots No.7 Anti Ageing Glycolic Peel Kit

3.7

No7 Gentle Glycolic Peel: Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat, Glycolic acid, Glycerin, Sodium hydroxide, Hydroxyethlcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA.

I bought this at Target & only used it once, which is why the scores aren't that high right now. The one time that I did use it, I left it on for 10 minutes, even though this is against the directions. I felt a tiny sting for less than a second & then nothing, which is why I decided to keep it on for 10 minutes. I noticed that through the course of the week, my skin was less oily than it was with just my regular routine. I threw away the dish, but decided to try the brush. Yes, it's a total waste. I uploaded a pic to show what happens to it when in use. It makes spreading the product around kind of wonky. I used one pad to wipe off the peel, but I don't think it did much. Boots should rethink the packaging. Sell the pads in a refill pouch like other skincare companies do with their facial wipes. I would rather they shave a couple bucks off the price & not include the brush & dish.

on 2/22/2011 10:31:00 PM

I FINALLY got this at Target. It had been out of stock for months. I've only used it twice so far. The difference in my skin is incredible. It looks much clearer and more even-toned. It feels a lot softer too. I would definitely recommend it.

The brush and mixing dish are stupid, though. I tried to use them at first, and all it did was waste product. Plus the fan brush was so wide I almost got it in my eye when I was trying to get the peel on my cheek. I just pump the peel on my fingertip and apply it to my face.

on 12/26/2010 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

First, I want to say the little dish and brush aren't necessary. Unless you are adamant about not touching this with your hands, those two things are pointless and just add to the price ($25) and stuff you have in you bathroom.

I LOVE this. It smooths out my skin, has helped fade some acne marks and makes my skin look brighter. I know it's anti-aging, but I mainly use it for acne marks. I can use it to prevent aging and minimize some lines I have too. I use it when I feel like I need to exfoliate. I don't care what the instructions say about using it for a month then skipping a month. I just use it when I need it. I also don't think the pads are necessary. You will wipe off the peel with them then rinse your face. So any ingredients the pads have that are supposed to be so great for your skin are washed away.

on 11/30/2010 4:50:00 AM

I loved this peel. It's the first time I ventured into something like this which sounded scary at first but I was very disappointed in the brush but more importantly ran out of Neutralising pads well before the peel itself. Very frustrating and Boots tell me they do not supply the pads separately. They were nice and gave me Boots points but it is very annoying and I am trying to find a home recipe for neutraliser so I can use up the Peel. Any one have any advice in this regard?

on 9/17/2010 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

To drm: This is from memory but I think it's pretty accurate:
Squirt 4 pumps of the peel solution into the dish; brush on starting from forehead down; leave on for 5 mins; then use a neutralizing pad to wipe off the solution; rinse thoroughly with water. Do 2x a week (non-consecutive days), for 4 weeks, then wait a few weeks before the next round. (I think it said wait 4 weeks?) I don't think this product is all that strong, so as another reviewer said it can probably be left on a little longer than the 5 minutes--but I would start by following the directions, then see how your skin reacts. Overall it's a very easy system to use. I hated the brush, it made for a difficult, sloppy application--so I just use my fingers to put on the solution. I've used it for several weeks and notice a nice smoothness, but so far no big change in sun-damaged areas. I expect it to take some time though. I will probably try longer than 5 mins next time, as I've had no negative reaction. So far it's OK, so will give it 3 stars and will update later on.

on 8/9/2010 9:52:00 PM

I lost the instruccions of this product so, i dont know how to use it, could someone tell me please?, thanks.
Carmen

on 5/28/2010 11:55:00 PM

I bought this peel for my partner but also tried it for myself. We both noticed a difference in our skin after the second peel. Brown spots appear lighter and skin seems brighter. For the price, I will use this product again. The only con is the brush that comes with it is stiff and cheap. I used a different brush and it works great. The second time I left the peel on 10 minutes longer than the packaging stated and noticed more of an improvement.

on 2/22/2010 3:47:00 PM

I am not easily convinced by skin care products....but this one wooed me over...enough to write my first eview...
I have had some serious acne scars due to some meds I had to take.I tried a glycolic acid cream(5%) but it would itch like hell...and then i bought this...
I gave packaging a 3 because the brush is kinda funny...and not exactly the best one....
but the product is amazing...I have seen great improvement in my skin..the bumps and old scars are actually fading out !!! Will def be buying again...

on 7/3/2008 7:10:00 AM

First off I have never used glycolic acid before, I have used microdermabrasion kits and found them to be very irritating to my skin, I hate them! I turned to glycolic acid because my skin has had lots of breakouts lately and was looking less than perfect.

Boots No.7 do a very posh looking glycolic peel kit and after surveying the other kits available in the store (L'Oreal and Boots Time Delay) I chose this despite its higher price (18). I chose this because the other kits include a moisturiser and I don't need another one!! Also, the No.7 kit has a fantail application brush and a dish to put the peel in so you can sweep it on and there is no mess.

When I got home to use it I found it easy to follow the instructions, easy to apply and although it stung my spots a little bit I didn't get any other irritation. The only thing that really bugged me was that nowhere on the packaging or instructions could I find the % of glycolic acid that was in this product.....I doubted it would be above 10% though because it was a drugstore product but I would still have liked to know.

I really like the fact that you get everything in one kit for a treatment, you get a fantail brush, a dish, a glass pump bottle of glycolic acid and a tub of 30 neutraliser pads.

The results were good, today my skin is smooth, my spots are improved and I haven't even bothered wearing foundation when I normally do. I am very happy with this kit and for a drugstore treatment I have given it a 5. I think i'll probably go further towards using a glycolic toner at night than keep doing this because glycolic acid is definitely the way forward for me!!
If you have never tried it before I really recommend trying this as a starter, it is a little expensive but the results are worth it when you consider you can pay the same for creams and potions that do nothing for your skin at all!

Popular Treatments (Face)