E.L.F. brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/3/2012 12:39:00 PM

not bad for making a smokey eye...you can't really complain much because this is a cheap find and you can't expect it to be super pigmented. But the key to creating a beautiful smokey eye that looks like a high end make up is the right technique of blending and the eyeshadow base. U can use nyx big pencil eyeshadow in milk as a base or any light shaded concealer and you will definitely see the difference. Just watch on youtube and you will learn :)

on 3/24/2012 3:40:00 PM

My first purchase of an eyeshadow set -- this was really underwhelming, but I suppose you get what you paid for! I have tried again and again to use this to do the smokey eye look, and unfortunately the colors just do not blend! I apply the eyeshadow after using Too Faced eyeshadow primer, but it feels like the powder just sits on my lid once I put it on... very hard to smudge the boundaries.

on 2/25/2012 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

One product that I find worthwhile from E.L.F. are their eyeshadows. This was the first eyeshadow I tried from them. I've decided that they make my favorite black and white eyeshadows!! However, their grey/silvers in this quad had a tad too much glitter in them. And at the price it's worth, I wouldn't mind buying this again!

on 11/16/2011 10:47:00 AM

I originally bought this because I'm not brave enough to wear bright bold eye shadows, and also because I wanted to experiment with the smoky eye look. However never ended up using it in the end.
I did finally find a use for the white eye shadow, by applying it to the inner corners of my eyelids it makes my eyes look brighter and bigger. Unfortunately it doesn't stay on very long.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A basic smokey eye quad containing a matte white, metallic grey, shimmery black, and metallic silver. All shadows have good pigmentation, but the black could be darker, but I tend to compare all black shadows to NYX's black. This quad is a staple for creating basic smokey eyes.

on 9/6/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this quad, simply because I am too afraid to take my high end palates with me on vacation. I would rather crack and damage something worth $1, than one worth $50+. For what it is, I think it does a pretty good job, but I'm surprised at such bad reviews I've seen on this palate (and that is coming from a person who used to be a makeup snob).

I found the pigmentation on this palate to be quite nice, and easy to translate to the eyes. Especially on the white and the black (which I think is way better quality that MAC's Carbon eyeshadow). The two gray colors I can understand some issues there because they are quite glittery, especially the one on the far right. But I've found that if I lightly spray my brush with some water, it goes on smoothly and without fallout. But I see absolutely no issues with pigmentation as others had had, and this palate rivals some of my higher end ones, in addition to being easier on the wallet.

The packaging, yes it isn't the best. And the little applicator actually fell apart into three pieces the first time I opened it, right when I got home from Target. But honestly, for $1 I don't think its that bad. It hasn't cracked, and all of the eyeshadows are in one piece, are highly pigmented, and that is all I can ask for.

on 8/26/2011 7:50:00 PM

The white and black are okay, but the other two colors are saturated with glitter, and it gets everywhere. The pigment is alright but it doesn't last very long and is super messy.

on 8/22/2011 10:57:00 AM

I have other quads from ELF and they are terrific. Not sure what happened with Drama. The colors smudge, give loads of fall out and look flat both in the pan and on my lids. I love my other ELF products, but this one sadly is not a winner.

on 8/17/2011 1:25:00 PM

I love this product! The shadows were very well pigmented with all the colours showing up exactly that how they looked, mine blended together really well and created an excellent look! I will definitely by this again when I need to!

Chalky eyeshadows, jam packing with chunky glitter. Not going to complain that much though, because it was only $1